Board index Other Stuff General Chat England Vs Belgium

England Vs Belgium

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3760
Kudos: 1137
Location: Yorkshire
I realise tonight’s game was a bit of a funny one, neither side really sure if they wanted to win the group or not :eusa-think:

However, I expected to be disappointed in England’s performance & they didn’t disappoint :eusa-whistle:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red


Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 pm
RCZIain Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 728
Kudos: 206
Location: Lincolnshire
Yes, most underwhelming. To put it politely.
Still, England will not win the World Cup, but at least I've got the mighty Grimsby Town to entertain me soon.
Image
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven. It done gone sideways.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 am
Joske User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 550
Kudos: 58
Location: Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders

DKZ5745 wrote:
However, I expected to be disappointed in England’s performance & they didn’t disappoint :eusa-whistle:



Euh?? Say whaaat?? Didn't disappoint?

Even whitout a goalkeeper we would have won the match. :dance:
- Peugeot RCZ HDi GT - Image
- Peugeot 309 GTi16
- Peugeot Partner 170C

Belgian Peugeot enthusiasts: http://www.peugeotforum.be

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1316
Kudos: 647
Location: North Yorks
Joske wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:
However, I expected to be disappointed in England’s performance & they didn’t disappoint :eusa-whistle:



Euh?? Say whaaat?? Didn't disappoint?

Even whitout a goalkeeper we would have won the match. :dance:


Inverse sarcasm, he said he wasn't expecting to be disappointed and England didn't disappoint him by not being disappointing - ie in being excellent - which they weren't - so they didn't disappoint. English humour ? !
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:19 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3760
Kudos: 1137
Location: Yorkshire
Telling comment from the manager after the game being interviewed

“Did you want to win tonight’s game?”

“As a manager, you always want to win every game”

“Surely, if you had wanted to win tonight you would have put Harry Kane on”

“Yes I would”

‘Nuff said......
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:34 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1316
Kudos: 647
Location: North Yorks
DKZ5745 wrote:
Telling comment from the manager after the game being interviewed

“Did you want to win tonight’s game?”

“As a manager, you always want to win every game”

“Surely, if you had wanted to win tonight you would have put Harry Kane on”

“Yes I would”

‘Nuff said......


Yes I picked up on that - says it all really, and by letting Harry warm up gave the impression he might come on, but it was all tactics. He ( Southgate ) covered his story either way...
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:52 am
Joske User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 550
Kudos: 58
Location: Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders

Plecodoras wrote:
Inverse sarcasm, he said he wasn't expecting to be disappointed and England didn't disappoint him by not being disappointing - ie in being excellent - which they weren't - so they didn't disappoint. English humour ? !



Ahhh, ok, sometimes the English humour is to complicated for me. :oops:

But England is lucky to be in the "easy" half of the tournament now. :clap: (Was probably also what Spain thought) :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Peugeot RCZ HDi GT - Image
- Peugeot 309 GTi16
- Peugeot Partner 170C

Belgian Peugeot enthusiasts: http://www.peugeotforum.be

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:32 am
stewartwillsher User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 632
Kudos: 263
Location: Western Spain
Joske wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:
Inverse sarcasm, he said he wasn't expecting to be disappointed and England didn't disappoint him by not being disappointing - ie in being excellent - which they weren't - so they didn't disappoint. English humour ? !



Ahhh, ok, sometimes the English humour is to complicated for me. :oops:

But England is lucky to be in the "easy" half of the tournament now. :clap: (Was probably also what Spain thought) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spanish perversity - most of the best players who play in Spain are not Spanish; most of the best Spanish players don't play in Spain. :?
And when the Spanish players are selected to play for Spain, they seem to be a right shower, as the great Terry Thomas would have put it! :roll:
But a decade (I think it was) ago they were invincible! :crazy:
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
"Bus" 7 seat 5008 1.6HDI 2014.
"Purple People Eater" 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
"Animal" Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2008.

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:03 pm
Joske User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 550
Kudos: 58
Location: Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders

And this my dearest English friends is how we win 2 times. :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :evil:

You did not want to win thé first time... :dance:
- Peugeot RCZ HDi GT - Image
- Peugeot 309 GTi16
- Peugeot Partner 170C

Belgian Peugeot enthusiasts: http://www.peugeotforum.be

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:33 pm
RCZIain Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 728
Kudos: 206
Location: Lincolnshire
More slow paced, indecisive football.
Thank God it's league football soon.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Image
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven. It done gone sideways.

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:50 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3760
Kudos: 1137
Location: Yorkshire
Joske wrote:
And this my dearest English friends is how we win 2 times. :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :evil:

You did not want to win thé first time... :dance:


Sadly, the best team won :clap:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red


Return to General Chat