Board index Other Stuff General Chat RCZ and RCZ 'R' Door Courtesy Lights

RCZ and RCZ 'R' Door Courtesy Lights

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 530
It's a bit of a tricky one then, isn't it. :eusa-think:

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 606
Well Z'ers I know it's not the same but I got some new Peugeot door lights that look kinda cool....

Check these bad boys out.....

IMG_20180420_210315.jpg
IMG_20180420_210315.jpg (208.52 KiB) Viewed 51323 times

What d'ya think?

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:15 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
They look good to me :thumbup: mine seem to have faded a bit.
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:13 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Yeah mine too, so I went looking for replacements, nothing doing RCZ wise and thought these look quite nice.
Cheers !
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Now on second white* R

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:40 am
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
Where did you come by these then?
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:12 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

renegade79 wrote:
Where did you come by these then?

No probs, got these from good ol' fleabay.....

puddle lights.JPG
puddle lights.JPG (44.36 KiB) Viewed 51250 times

Cheap and cheerful - just right for a Yorkshireman !!

Cheers M. :beer:

Now on second white* R

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 371
I need to replace my RCZ puddle lights as they have gone watery!

I would like them again. Image

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

I hear you all loud and clear about the 'RCZ' and 'R' door courtesy lights.

I have been looking for another manufacturer for a while now and still looking. As soon as I have found a new supplier I will let everyone know.

Those that have them and noticed any fading etc. to the light, this is common with these types of lights including the Peugeot symbol ones others have bought as the image is provided via a thin piece of plastic and over time this fails. Other courtesy lights that you may come across that require drilling into the door last much much longer as they use a piece of glass for the image.

So not just am I looking for a new manufacturer for the 'RCZ' and 'R' lights, I want to make sure they last longer than the previous units.

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:00 am
tianorth User avatar

Is it not possible to have the image in a piece of glass that is inserted into either a dedicated replacement fitting or can be inserted into existing standard fitting?

Or will the glass and plastic have a blurring effect?

Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 am

tianorth wrote:
Is it not possible to have the image in a piece of glass that is inserted into either a dedicated replacement fitting or can be inserted into existing standard fitting?

Or will the glass and plastic have a blurring effect?

I have tried using a piece of glass in a dedicated replacement unit, but the glass is thicker and so it does not stay in place and the output is blurry. So this would mean the unit needs to be modified, something that I am wanting to avoid and unfortunately a manufacturer will not unless you are about to order thousands of units from them for it to be worth while in regards to cost.

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:19 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1126
I removed the plastic inserts from mine as they had started to look very Much like a Picasso work. I now have a large round led glow on opening the doors.

I had wondered how to replace the very tiny plastic insert with one showing the RCZ logo, but I wouldn’t have the first idea how to go about this.

I had thought about the cheap ones from Fleabay showing a Pug logo of some sort or another, but they didn’t really appeal to me.

If RCZ ones become available again, I would like to get them back to full glory again, but it would be nice if they could last a bit longer next time.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:08 pm

DKZ5745 wrote:
I removed the plastic inserts from mine as they had started to look very Much like a Picasso work. I now have a large round led glow on opening the doors.

I had wondered how to replace the very tiny plastic insert with one showing the RCZ logo, but I wouldn’t have the first idea how to go about this.

I had thought about the cheap ones from Fleabay showing a Pug logo of some sort or another, but they didn’t really appeal to me.

If RCZ ones become available again, I would like to get them back to full glory again, but it would be nice if they could last a bit longer next time.

The image has to be transferred onto that thin piece of plastic and that takes a special tool to do this.

And yes my goal is to provide these again with a longer life.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 am
Woodso Regular
Regular

Kudos: 10
I bought some the other day with the Pug logo on for £11.00 and they look pretty good. Bonus was it took less than a minute per side to fit them. I would however consider RCZ one's if they became available at an equally reasonable price.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Woodso wrote:
I bought some the other day with the Pug logo on for £11.00 and they look pretty good. Bonus was it took less than a minute per side to fit them. I would however consider RCZ one's if they became available at an equally reasonable price.

Working on it now with a new manufacturer. Stay tuned!

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Lewligan User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 23
RCZ-Performance wrote:
Woodso wrote:

Working on it now with a new manufacturer. Stay tuned!

Sounds good, would love a set for my RCZ R if/when they are available again!
Former owner of a black 64 plate Peugeot RCZ R, and a charcoal metallic 12 plate RCZ 200GT.

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:42 pm
tianorth User avatar

What is price going to be?

Are the RCZ ones just letters (like my picture above) or do they have the circle around them?

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

RCZ-Performance wrote:
'RCZ' ones in July !!!

Yay! Will they be longer lasting glass ones?
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 am

DKZ5745 wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
'RCZ' ones in July !!!

Yay! Will they be longer lasting glass ones?

Unfortunately they are not glass. The only way to have the glass ones made was using the type of courtesy lights that you need to drill a hole into the door for mounting as these types can accommodate the thickness of the glass, and this type of 'universal' door courtesy light is not the type I want to sell (I do not want to sell ones that need drilling).

So we are using the same type of unit as before which as you know are simple PnP design not requiring any drilling and using a film, the same film found in all of the units found online which do have a shorter life span than glass. But these units will have a 12-month warranty so that is good.

I am just finalizing the last detail and then placing an order.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Maybe you could negotiate a replacement film price too? That way we could buy a set of lights along with a replacement film (or 2) for when the inevitable happens?

It is very simple to remove/replace the film in the light unit, I took my dodgy ones out to leave a round LED light which was preferable to the Picasso I had been left with.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat