Board index Other Stuff General Chat critters

critters

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:51 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 252
Like London busses, you don't see one for ages then two turn up together. :roll:
Jefe speared a palm sized scorpion whilst sorting out the figs in the invernadero (polytunnel), then I spotted a dead baby Horseshoe Whip snake a couple of feet long.
That'll do for this summer thank you. :eusa-think:
Her ladyship was distinctly uninterested in examining the corpses, just so long as they were late she didn't care.
Me, I would have let them both go, as I have in the past, and kept shtum!
Too late for these two, though! :thumbdown:
Attachments
scorpion.jpg
scorpion.jpg (14.3 KiB) Viewed 189 times
snake.jpg
snake.jpg (43.82 KiB) Viewed 189 times
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 542
Talking of critters I’ve just returned from 2 weeks in Florida and this was just a few yard from the swimming pool!

IMG_3818.JPG
IMG_3818.JPG (246.19 KiB) Viewed 183 times
IMG_3823.JPG
IMG_3823.JPG (251.88 KiB) Viewed 183 times
IMG_3825.JPG
IMG_3825.JPG (227.57 KiB) Viewed 183 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:44 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 252
Fortunately, the only reptiles that we have here and look even remotely like crocs or gators are geckos and wall lizards.
Geckos took a bit of getting used to as they come out at night and boldly traverse internal walls, like in the lounge, in search of insects.
Most up to about six inches long, fattish and have sticky pad type feet to cling to vertical surfaces with ease.
Wall lizards are very nervy and don't hang about and rarely indoors, but can startle as they dash for cover; about same size but slimmer than geckos.
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Return to General Chat