Board index Other Stuff General Chat No Jeremy, you changed a WHEEL!

No Jeremy, you changed a WHEEL!

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:32 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 249
No, Mr Clarkson, and dumbass journalists, that is not "how you change a tyre". :roll:
Being a grumpy old man, I get frequently peeed orf when terms morph into something incorrect. :(
You changed a WHEEL; i.e. jack up; wheelbrace on wheel nuts; wheel off; spare WHEEL on; nuts back on; tighten; jack down; tighten again; job done.
Few minutes, if all goes well.
Change a tyre, and it can be a struggle if using the old fashioned original tools; namely tyre levers, and a bit longer than a few minutes.
OK, so I a being pedantic, but I have actually changed a tyre, in fact several, because back in the early sixties, it was cheaper to go buy your tyres and fit them yourself.
My father went spare when I bought some recuts, and he took them back and paid the bit more for retreads. :x
I still have the tyre levers from those days, but have no intention of attempting what I did back then, now, with wheels and tyres not being as basic and easy for the job.
And of course, rarely do normal car tyres have tubes, like they did.
Oh, and I've repaired punctures in car tyre tubes. :oops:
How many of you have CHANGED A TYRE then? :?:
Own up!
And I don't mean using the machinery at a tyre centre.
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:48 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 539
Yes I’ve changed plenty of tyres but only on motorcycles which I assume are far easier than car tyres to change but possibly just as dangerous! I lost half of one of my front teeth when the tyre leaver sprung out and hit me in the mouth :oops: how times have moved on :D
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 617
For the record Stewie ( still reeling the Lancashire jibe ) :D

Yes I too have changed many a tyre and like Neil most were on motorbikes, though I did change tyres on my mini - does that count??
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:17 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 249
Plecodoras wrote:
For the record Stewie ( still reeling the Lancashire jibe ) :D

Yes I too have changed many a tyre and like Neil most were on motorbikes, though I did change tyres on my mini - does that count??

OK Plec, :eusa-whistle:
I guess they were steel rims on the Mini, 'cos I've not dared use tyre levers on alloys! :oops:
Nor have I risked bead damage on tubeless. :oops:
Don't think I've even changed a radial.
But my first two bangers, I managed despite being a runt with scrawny muscles.
And as I said, cheapo tyres were no probs.
As for the trans-Pennine insult - my son had a serious relationship with a Lancs lass, but then saw the light and ended up marrying a Yorkie. :o
So all's well that ends well. :clap:
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Return to General Chat