Board index Other Stuff General Chat HOW MUCH????

HOW MUCH????

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 176
Spending money is "a natural" for some!
All we needed was a minor upgrade.

This is our holiday home in the SW of Spain.

OK, the windows were difficult to open and close, being cheapo aluminium put in by previous owner; and were single glazed.
Replacement modern double glazed units were justified and a ball park estimate done; including, of course, fly screens and blinds.
"While we are at it, I don't like the bathroom!", said her ladyship.
"What don't you like?", I innocently enquired.
After half a century shackled to er-in-doors, I should have known better, and walked straight into the trap.
"It's the tap in the shower!" she exclaimed.
We had already changed the shower surround, which was manky, and was now spiffing; or so I thought.
[Glazed look of incredulity! Shakes head.]
"OK, new tap, no probs!" says I.
"with a proper shower head and not a snaky pipe thing".
"OK".
Trap closing!

Now, our arquitecto who does all the formalities there, and helps with other matters, and wife thinks is a top chap, arranged to view taps at an out of town builders' supplier he uses, so off we went.
My suspicions should have been raised a notch, because he took us in his spanking new motor.
Where did he get the dosh to buy that, I should have asked, and then answered it myself, thinking of his charges.
I sat in a corner keeping out of the way, and being smiled at by the employees, they, no doubt rubbing their hands with expectations of some loot, whilst madam and his nibs pored over catalogues and viewed showroom samples and examples.
"And the shower could be changed into a walk in wet room type thingy that we have at our house [on the finca]", says other half getting into the swing of it.
"Yep, if you think that would be better" says muggins.
Sales lady and arquitecto and missus disappeared off to back of this huge emporium.
I thought "funny", as Pete and Dud might have, that changing a tap and a shower surround was taking a time.
I was then summoned for my opinion (dangerous territory) to look at tiles.
"Yes, they look nice.", seemed a harmless comment [this man's a fool (me that is)].
Needless to say they were just about the dearest.
Floor, including a "space age material" shower floor, and walls to be re-tiled.
Ceiling and mirror, and other lights to be replaced.
"And while we are at it, let's get rid of the grotty loo, washbasin, vanity unit, etc.", which we also inherited when we bought the place.
I'm starting to see euro signs like Tom and Jerry see stars when whacked.
Too late!
Ouch!
A large pile of dosh was quickly committed and I had hardly uttered a word.

As I write, said architect is sending photos of work-in-progress, and I have been doing currency exchange and bashing in on-line bank transfers to tradesmen and suppliers.
House is a tip with bits ripped out and replacements installed, then redecorated to make good.
I'm sure when all is done and minor whinges of the chief inspector (madam) have been rectified, it will be brill'.
But a bathroom (to me) is a room for simple functions and I don't linger and take in its grandeur, so in and out and not really appreciated.
And, windows function as, er, windows should.

Upside of all this, I hope, is that my authorisation for a new motor (RCZ?) might be greased a bit, although, of course, it will be claimed the bathroom and windows are for us both but the car would be just for me.
Don't quite see it that way, but I'll play whatever cards I think I hold.
Wish me luck!

Oh, and her Vaio keeps grinding to a halt so sony (dreadful play on words) Jim (our lad in Yorkshire) has offered to buy (not pay for) and configure a replacement; thanks son.
"Hello, excuse me, my computer is [email protected], ancient and pensionable, please may I have a new one?".
Like Oliver Twist, I shall be challenged - "MORE???"
Shrinks back behind old PC.
With a little bit of bloomin' luck!
My Fair Lady RCZ will be mine.
Just got to find her, that's all.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 491
Well all I can say there Mr Stewart is since you have had to shed out a considerable sum of Euro's for what might be a not to often used Summer Property, ( and if it is used more , then ... ) that surely opens the negotiating table for a buy it now RCZ. So, as you go the extra mile ( well just nod and smile, then get cheque book out ) to keep er in doors appy. Then if you were to get a RCZ before selling your Zero ? you could be whisping her to the holiday home so she can enjoy her new bathroom. You could enjoy your new car and then look forward to the new season of tyre kickers when it finally comes to a buyer.

Well it's this or you'll be changing your signature again.... :wtf: :shock:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 176
Plecodoras wrote:
Well all I can say there Mr Stewart is since you have had to shed out a considerable sum of Euro's for what might be a not to often used Summer Property, ( and if it is used more , then ... ) that surely opens the negotiating table for a buy it now RCZ. So, as you go the extra mile ( well just nod and smile, then get cheque book out ) to keep er in doors appy. Then if you were to get a RCZ before selling your Zero ? you could be whisping her to the holiday home so she can enjoy her new bathroom. You could enjoy your new car and then look forward to the new season of tyre kickers when it finally comes to a buyer.

Well it's this or you'll be changing your signature again.... :wtf: :shock:

Working on it! :eusa-shhh:
softly, softly, catchee monkey. ;)
[sig adjusted]
With a little bit of bloomin' luck!
My Fair Lady RCZ will be mine.
Just got to find her, that's all.

Return to General Chat