Board index Other Stuff General Chat rcz engine

rcz engine

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:14 pm
holmsey Newbie

Kudos: 0
has anyone had a head gasket go their z? mine has dumped all the water into the sump sprayed oil all over the top half of engine, but still runs. no smoke, slight misfire. have been told the head or block will be cracked because water drains straight into sump. recon engine is £2500 without new block or head. has anyone had a similar experience??

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:14 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
holmsey wrote:
has anyone had a head gasket go their z? mine has dumped all the water into the sump sprayed oil all over the top half of engine, but still runs. no smoke, slight misfire. have been told the head or block will be cracked because water drains straight into sump. recon engine is £2500 without new block or head. has anyone had a similar experience??

Have heard of the odd car that has had head gasket issues but I can’t believe that your motor runs with only a slight misfire with a sump full of coolant! :eusa-think:

One thing for sure if that’s the case if you keep letting your engine run like this it won’t be long before it never runs again!
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Return to General Chat