Board index The Marketplace For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys Tire pressure monitoring sensors.

Tire pressure monitoring sensors.

Cars, Parts, Accessories & Mods for sale, for exchange and wanted

Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:20 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
I recently had new alloys fitted with new valves which just screw to the sensors when re inflated one sensor showed up as flat tyre so released all the pressure then re inflated and hey presto all good again. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:42 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 521
So, in response to the last two posts etc, you need to have them set by Pug garage or will the P2000 sort it?
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:51 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
Plecodoras wrote:
So, in response to the last two posts etc, you need to have them set by Pug garage or will the P2000 sort it?

I believe the MK1 and Mk2 use slightly different systems MK1 cars need to be set up at dealers where MK2’s don’t. :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 521
neilgsxr69 wrote:
Plecodoras wrote:

I believe the MK1 and Mk2 use slightly different systems MK1 cars need to be set up at dealers where MK2’s don’t. :eusa-think:

Cheers Neil, I don't know anything other than we have discussed previously, i was hoping that maybe a forum member has had this issue before and knows a definitive answer. It seems just too simple that you just add a new one and it syncs with the existing system. As I said - I don't know about either the MK1 or MK2 but can remember my " spare " telling me it was flat and still showing in it's fixed position at front nearside rather than in my boot !! LOL

Thanks for help and keep 'em coming. :thumbup:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1076
I wouldn’t hold out for any great help from Pug dealers, I once asked if they could swap my front wheels to the back to even out tyre wear while they had the car in for another matter. They told me that wasn’t possible as the wheels were “registered” in their locations.

It was only when another forum member pointed out that he regularly moved his wheels around, and that the car had never had any issues with that, then I realised maybe Pug dealers aren’t as knowledgeable as you might think :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 203
DKZ5745 wrote:
I wouldn’t hold out for any great help from Pug dealers, I once asked if they could swap my front wheels to the back to even out tyre wear while they had the car in for another matter. They told me that wasn’t possible as the wheels were “registered” in their locations.

It was only when another forum member pointed out that he regularly moved his wheels around, and that the car had never had any issues with that, then I realised maybe Pug dealers aren’t as knowledgeable as you might think :eusa-think:

'Twas always so, not just Pug peeps.
This RCZ is my 34th motor and being of an inquisitive nature, I always have sought info on a motor I own or am about to.
I would be happy for a quid for every occasion I have pointed out to the "experts" something that they have either made up on the spur of the moment, misunderstood, or just lazy or ignorant.
Nowadays, the jolly internet and obliging Google enable anyone with the will to do so, to find out loads about loads from an arm chair, even in the back of beyond, like Wild West Spain!
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:04 pm
ianGT156 User avatar

Kudos: 39

I just bought four brand new tyres for mine. The tyre dealer didn't mention the TPMS and as ever, they guessed what the pressures should be. Different fitters did different wheels. No alerts on the dash before or afterwards.

I checked the pressures at a Morrisons (auto jobby thing) and the pressures varied from 29 to 36 PSI. So either my TPMS aren't that sensitive or just don't work. The car rides a lot better when they're at the right pressures!
RCZ 156 GT Mercury Grey 2013 £9960 - Now named Rozie!
Remap to 181.9hp and 300.7 Nm £354.
Private Plate RCZ 2820 (£365)
Cleaning Kit Bits (£400+)
Recaro Car Seat Protector £22.50 (for the dog)
Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 2741446218

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:25 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1076
I think it needs to detect “significant” drop in pressure. It’s not really designed as a pressure measuring device, more of a puncture warning thingy, from what I understand.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:34 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 203
With the 108, there is a button in the glove box, which you press once the tyres are inflated to correct pressure, then at a percentage under (it's in the book somewhere) a warning lamp lights up.
Simple, eh?
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Previous

Return to For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys