Board index The Marketplace For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys Wanted: GT Line in white

Wanted: GT Line in white

Cars, Parts, Accessories & Mods for sale, for exchange and wanted

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:50 pm
philboo Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hello, I've been a fan of the RCZ for several years and had been looking at picking a nice used one. Unfortunately I'd been keen on the gt line as it has the xenons and nice rear exhaust layout but these seem to be rare. I've looked at a couple but one was tatty even though it was only 10 months old and low mileage. The other was okay but highest mileage and again kerbed alloys and a few scratches. Sounds fussy but I'm really careful and my current car has none of these issues at four years of age.

Not sure if anyone knows of any coming up for sale, I keep looking on AT and other sites daily.

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:15 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1127
It's not exactly a GT Line, but it has everything you wanted, and SO MUCH MORE !!! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10618
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:37 pm
philboo Newbie

I've had a prolapse disc in my lower back in recent years and the comments on the r firm ride put me off it. 10 years ago I'd have been looking for the r version though.

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:42 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

I have never been in either an R or a GT line, however, from the comments I have read from others on here, who have had several RCZ's including an R, the ride in an R is possibly slightly better than in my GT 200, which is VERY firm.

I would have imagined the GT Line would be more akin to my GT than to the R.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:58 pm
philboo Newbie

That isn't good news. I may end up not getting one at all if they are so bad. The r review I read said it would guarantee a trip to a chiropractor:-( I thought the gt line was slightly more usable as a daily driver.

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:09 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

I think you need to test drive a couple of different versions, including the R if possible. I drove the 156 sport and the GT200 before making the decision.

I wanted an R but as they were just being released, the price was way beyond my budget.

I had to retire from the Fire Service 14 years ago after a road accident on duty seriously damaged three vertebra in my neck, but I love the ride in my GT. The odd pot hole has surprised me (and not in a good way) but I have got so used to the feel of the car now, when I drove my brothers brand new 4 series BMW, it felt more like steering a boat.

Maybe the Z isn't for you, but you should really give it a chance first by test driving one or two. If you are anything like me, the moment you park up, you will know it's only a matter of time before you have one.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:56 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 371
I have the HDi RCZ and the RCZ-R.
The seats and suspension are different, but saying that I think the RCZ-R seems to get over the bumps on the M4 with more fluidity than the diesel.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 531
DKZ5745 wrote:
I had to retire from the Fire Service 14 years ago after a road accident on duty seriously damaged three vertebra in my neck.

Owning an RCZ is not good for your neck then what with all that looking over your shoulder whenever you park up! ;)

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:08 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

I've become a master at walking backwards :lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:48 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 609
DKZ5745 wrote:
I have never been in either an R or a GT line, however, from the comments I have read from others on here, who have had several RCZ's including an R, the ride in an R is possibly slightly better than in my GT 200, which is VERY firm.

I would have imagined the GT Line would be more akin to my GT than to the R.

Need to agree here, though not driven the GT line the GT 200 did have hard suspension and like you I had read that the R's was even harder. But the first thing I said to my wife after test driving the R ( first thing she could understand that is :o )
is I think the suspension is softer than the 200. After buying it I can definitely say that it is.

After a gentle ish ride yesterday, all I can mutter about the R is ........ WOW !!!!

So go test drive the 156 / 200 / HDI and then compare to the R and remember this... they rarely come up for sale ( only 299 on the road today ) it's white like you want AND it might of well have been wrapped in cotton wool the care and attention it has had.... :beer:

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is it at you ! :lol:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:37 pm
philboo Newbie

There's no point in test driving anything other than a gt line or r as I don't want another diesel car with all the bad mouthing the government are giving them (I've had nothing but diesel for years). I wouldn't get the 156 or the 200 gt as I really like the xenon and symmetrical rear exhausts, it just finishes of the rear so much better I feel. The r I always thought was a little too in your face for me and I don't like the fixes rear spoiler as I feel it spoils the rear. All very much my personal opinion. The gt line is rare with only about 120 in the U.K. You're making me think about looking at the R but as both gt line and r are rare comparing won't be easy.

Post Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:13 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

As for Xenons, you will find they were fitted as an option on quite a few RCZ's. My GT200 has them. For a few hundred you can have the exhaust twinned at the other side (quads) so I would think you could have larger single exhaust trims fitted for a similar price.

I also prefer the active spoiler over the fixed larger spoiler on the R, but both perform handling duties, and the design relates directly to the car's performance.
The R requires the larger spoiler, and I assume the size made it impractical to have it "active".

I do think that if you test drove an R you would most likely be more than happy to put up with the fixed spoiler. As you have pointed out, the GT Line doesn't appear on the used car market very often.

For me, any Z would have done. I love the design, I love the drive, and even the 156 is remarkably quick. I was very lucky as I wanted a MkII (I like the LED DRL's) I wanted the GT level of equipment, and I wanted 200bhp. I also wanted Xenons, and when I found my car which had all of the above, and even more, to be honest, the test drive was pointless cos it was going home with me regardless.

Keep looking, try a few, even if you don't think they are exactly what you are looking for. You might just be pleasantly surprised.... :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:06 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1478
If you drive the R I'm sure you would be tempted. It's a fantastically, fun car to drive and own. Don't forget there is still one going for sale. That's quite rare in itself.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm
jr4070 Senior Member

Kudos: 60
The ride difference between my Old 156 GT and the new R is definitely noticeable..The R is an alround more refined experience. Go get the R... :twisted:

Return to For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys