Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General +100.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

+100.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

RCZ-R User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 659
Kudos: 267
Location: Germany
No mechanical failures. I think it is down to the software. Let's wait and see.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118


renegade79 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1847
Kudos: 373
Location: Ireland
bloomin' computers eh... :crazy:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue


RCZ gone but not forgotten

RCZ-R User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 659
Kudos: 267
Location: Germany
Look, my R has an eco colouring on the rev counter :beer:
Attachments
238225609_292645.jpg
238225609_292645.jpg (51.88 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3714
Kudos: 1127
Location: Yorkshire
Nice :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

renegade79 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1847
Kudos: 373
Location: Ireland
RCZ-R wrote:
Look, my R has an eco colouring on the rev counter :beer:

The green area is where your revs should be and not near the RED zone :lol:
If you start going all eco or even buying an electric car, I’m leaving this forum for good! :wtf:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue


RCZ gone but not forgotten

DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3714
Kudos: 1127
Location: Yorkshire
If they didn’t want you to use the Rev limiter they wouldn’t have put it in there. :crazy: :auto-car: :law-policered:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

RCZ-R User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 659
Kudos: 267
Location: Germany
renegade79 wrote:
RCZ-R wrote:
Look, my R has an eco colouring on the rev counter :beer:

The green area is where your revs should be and not near the RED zone :lol:
If you start going all eco or even buying an electric car, I’m leaving this forum for good! :wtf:


:D no worries here. The lower revs are reserved for engine warm up only! :dance:
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

ONLY AEK User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 346
Kudos: 63
Location: greece
so how did you do it?
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

RCZ-R User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 659
Kudos: 267
Location: Germany
ONLY AEK wrote:
so how did you do it?


Quite simple. I was standing at traffic lights and the reflection of the green light appeared on the rev counter. Then I took a picture.
Talking about debunking a myth... 8-)

Those times were I'd open a gauge cluster to modify it are way over :greetings-wavingblue:
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1246
Kudos: 615
Location: North Yorks
RCZ-R wrote:
ONLY AEK wrote:
so how did you do it?


Quite simple. I was standing at traffic lights and the reflection of the green light appeared on the rev counter. Then I took a picture.
Talking about debunking a myth... 8-)

Those times were I'd open a gauge cluster to modify it are way over :greetings-wavingblue:



You could have dragged that one out a little longer RCZ-R....

Yeah it was a right job taking the clocks apart to modify the led lol.

Remember those days well, still like the blue led back lighting.. Not so easy done now though with all the mounted leds instead of little 5w bulbs.

You made your mind up on the new car?

:thumbup:

Cheers :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

RCZ-R User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 659
Kudos: 267
Location: Germany
@Plecodoras

Jeez, you waking up some memories of mine...
Over a decade ago was the last time when I converted the cluster illumination from spec bulbs to some fancy LEDs on my Honda Legend. Honda introduced in the 2002 facelift LED back lights on the cluster, so I wanted to convert my 2001 to LED too. That was a hell of a job. But the results were striking.

My next car?
It will be either the Kia Stinger V6 biturbo or the new Peugeot 508 GT. My mind says, take the Kia cause 7 years of manufacturer guarantee, servicing, etc. But my heart screams, take the nice 508 and enjoy it.
I'll be on the Geneva Motor Show in about 10 days so I will check both cars there.

308 GTi is off the list due to some minor quirks with the car I cannot overcome. But I will write about it on the 308 topic. :greetings-wavingblue:
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 186
Kudos: 73
Jealous of you going to the 508 release. It looks fantastic in pics. Pls share some snaps when you return!

Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1246
Kudos: 615
Location: North Yorks
RCZ-R wrote:
@Plecodoras

Jeez, you waking up some memories of mine...
Over a decade ago was the last time when I converted the cluster illumination from spec bulbs to some fancy LEDs on my Honda Legend. Honda introduced in the 2002 facelift LED back lights on the cluster, so I wanted to convert my 2001 to LED too. That was a hell of a job. But the results were striking.

My next car?
It will be either the Kia Stinger V6 biturbo or the new Peugeot 508 GT. My mind says, take the Kia cause 7 years of manufacturer guarantee, servicing, etc. But my heart screams, take the nice 508 and enjoy it.
I'll be on the Geneva Motor Show in about 10 days so I will check both cars there.

308 GTi is off the list due to some minor quirks with the car I cannot overcome. But I will write about it on the 308 topic. :greetings-wavingblue:


Yes I looked at the Kia range for my daily driver especially for the seven year warranty, this gives peace of mind for 7yrs care free driving. They do have some nice looking cars too, but not in the same context as the RCZ / R .
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

ONLY AEK User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 346
Kudos: 63
Location: greece
SilverGTi_6 wrote:
Jealous of you going to the 508 release. It looks fantastic in pics. Pls share some snaps when you return!



I cant agree more

508gt looks fantastic
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

renegade79 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1847
Kudos: 373
Location: Ireland
RCZ-R wrote:

308 GTi is off the list due to some minor quirks with the car I cannot overcome. But I will write about it on the 308 topic. :greetings-wavingblue:

:cry:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue


RCZ gone but not forgotten

renegade79 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1847
Kudos: 373
Location: Ireland
RCZ-R wrote:

My next car?
It will be either the Kia Stinger V6 biturbo or the new Peugeot 508 GT.

What’s the engine in the 508GT? I presume you don’t mean diesel?? Petrol 508’s don’t exist over here.. :eusa-whistle:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue


RCZ gone but not forgotten

RCZ-R User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 659
Kudos: 267
Location: Germany
Indeed I'm more and more drawn towards the new 508 GT. It looks gorgeous.

Today a First Edition of the 508 GT has been announced (limited to 1000 pieces). It comes fully loaded with two engines to choose from, a 225 THP and a 180 Diesel. Both come with the new 8gear AT from Aisin (Aisin builds the best automatic gearboxes, not ZF from ze Germany).

So the petrol comes with a tuned 1.6 petrol THP pushing out 225 PS (222 bhp?). I don't think it is the R engine detuned to 225. That engine would be too costly to put it into the 508. But I will check it out while in Genf.

It says it will go 155 MPH and does the 0-62 sprint in about 7 seconds. That is just fine with me. Enough power to fight down the bigger diesels (up from 190 bhp).

I never had and will never drive a diesel. The only diesels I sometimes have to ride are rentals. I'm not against this technology, I just know it's not for me. Point blank.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

RCZ-R User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 659
Kudos: 267
Location: Germany
renegade79 wrote:
RCZ-R wrote:

308 GTi is off the list due to some minor quirks with the car I cannot overcome. But I will write about it on the 308 topic. :greetings-wavingblue:

:cry:


Believe me, I'd love to make the 308 GTi my next daily driver. But it just doesn't work for me. After the RCZ R the 308 GTi seems to me a bit restrained in regards of pure joy of driving. Those are just tiny details, nothing big. But they make it a big picture for me. I will elaborate on that here later.
Still, the 308 GTi is a very, very good hot hatch. I'd take it over any Golf, Focus or even the new Megane RS :greetings-wavingblue:
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

ONLY AEK User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 346
Kudos: 63
Location: greece
I think that 508gt Will be 2.0 thp
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

RCZIain Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 706
Kudos: 204
Location: Lincolnshire
My last car was a 508 GT, the proper 2.2 one not the limp GT line.
It could fly I tell you :D

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Image
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ General