Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Workshop manual

Workshop manual

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Kudos: 0
I'm after a workshop manual for the RCZ, preferably an electronic version. I've seen some advertised on ebay but have bought these before for other cars (Audi A3 etc) and couldn't get it to work so a bit sceptical about buying one. Has anyone on here bought one which they can recommend the seller or know to where i could possibly download one?

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:06 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

You'll find the answer that you seek here buddy.

download-the-rcz-owners-manual-t180.html
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:35 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 366
I thinks it's a Haynes type manual their after.

Are Haynes going to do a manual? What is their minimum quantity for them to look at doing a manual?

Might be worthwhile everyone getting in touch with Haynes to prompt them into looking at doing a manual.

E-mail address :- [email protected] (for book proposals)
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Yeah thanks for the link but it was the workshop manual i was after not the owners manual :)

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:43 pm
pete.garratt Senior Member

Kudos: 143
I think you'll find there isn't one online you can download.
Moroccan Red R
JBL
Black Mirror Caps

Post Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:31 am
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Ah ok, I misinterpreted that. As Pete says, there isn't such a thing online I'm afraid.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:02 am
thornebt User avatar

Kudos: 16
You can buy an RCZ workshop maual on DVDs on Ebay - for £9.50 (seems to cover the whole Peugeot car range, not just RCZ) It appears to be what the Peugeot workshop uses. It has all the technical info - step by step procedures for servicing, removal and replacement of parts, wiring diagrams, chargeable times for the procedures etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-405-4 ... 3cec7f2216

I believe it is copyright so I have to say I haven't got one but I have seen it in use and it is really good. If anyone knows how the law stands on buying these type of copyright items it would be very useful to know. I imagine the person selling them might be breaking the law but if you buy it and don't reproduce it anywhere perhaps that is OK / less of a crime. Are there any copyright experts on the forum please?

Post Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:19 am
thornebt User avatar

Kudos: 16
I've just had another look at the Ebay listing and it has got small print to say that no copyright is infringed and they have a legal right to sell and distribute the product. So perhaps it is OK after all!

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks for the link, i was hoping someone would have had personal experience with buying something like this as i have purchased something similar for other cars only to find it is password protected or once its installed it takes up the whole harddrive etc.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:21 am
mistral_blue Senior Member

Kudos: 83
Found this today, not ordered it yet as I'm not a home but for £10 I'll probably take a punt and report back!

http://www.emanualonline.com/Cars/Peuge ... anual.html
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:47 pm
TheGoody User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 28
mistral_blue wrote:
Found this today, not ordered it yet as I'm not a home but for £10 I'll probably take a punt and report back!

Any luck with the emanual blue?

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:09 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1096
TheGoody wrote:
mistral_blue wrote:

I think I once saw that film "Emanual Blue" it had quite a lasting impression from what I remember :oops: :lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:22 pm

TheGoody wrote:
mistral_blue wrote:

Had completely forgotten about this, thanks for the reminder! Just ordered mine now - £10-2 = £8 - HERE

There's currently a 20% off discount code, enter "EVOLUTION" at the checkout... :thumbup:

Will post my impressions once it FINALLY downloads! :beer:
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:38 pm
TheGoody User avatar

Regular
Regular

Cool, let us know if it's any good.

I've got the dreaded temp sensor problem and trying to find out any info I can to see if I can fix it myself!

Post Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:49 pm

And once it downloads, turns out it's a .rar file which takes a good 10 mins to un-rar using WinRAR... :sleeping-yellow:

Also turns out you need to run it in XP Virtual machine (I'm running W7 32bit) - setup

OK, I've finally got it all working, not that tricky really just follow their detailed instructions!... NB patience is required to wait for Virtual Machine to load (shows as 'not responding' for about 1 min). Looks like it is the full Pug "Servicebox", from a quick try all the other Pug models seem to work too!! Have clicked through to RCZ Repair procedures>coolant sensor - see screenshot. Seems pretty decent from the brief play I have had...

P.S. NB the line "Replacement of the coolant temperature sensor (1) requires replacement of the coolant outlet housing, these 2 components being inseparable (See : Removing - Refitting Coolant outlet housing )." < looks like you are in for a fun job!!

Click on the pic for a bigger image and hit the ZOOM '+' icon

You can also get part #s and repair times... and there's a separate wiring diagrams app too - well worth the £8 in my book!

It also answers the jacking/lifting question once and for all! :thumbup: Basically you need a 2 post lift (there's a note NOT to put stands under jacking points)! Or jack with the vehicle jack as we already know...

Only thing I've not yet found is the actual Service Schedules... hmmmmmm :eusa-think: Have contacted their support to find out if they are on there...
Last edited by mistral_blue on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:24 am
TheGoody User avatar

Regular
Regular

Thanks for the info Blue, looks good. I'll be getting myself a copy as soon as I get home i think! Finally some proper information on how to fix this stupid thing!

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1051

I apoligise, I havent read this whole thread, but why pay for something thats free online?

Thats just an offline copy of peugeots servicebox which anyone can create an account.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm
pete.garratt Senior Member

Kudos: 143
You only get basic parts info, Absynthe.

If you want the more detailed stuff you need to buy a subscription. Shortest is an hours browsing for around €5.
Moroccan Red R
JBL
Black Mirror Caps

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1051

Fair enough, I thought it was the same as the free stuff.

Carry on :)

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:14 pm

You had me worried for a moment there Abz :o

Next

Return to Peugeot RCZ General