Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General RCZ Ownership Discussion Thread

RCZ Ownership Discussion Thread

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:15 pm
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

DKZ5745 wrote:
My Z has been fine, but I have had previous with Stoneacre - a Suzuki Swift my step-son bought.

I know it shouldn't make any difference where you get the car from, but I wouldn't go back to Stoneacre unless they had an R in for under 10k :eusa-think:

It does seem like you have been very unlucky with your car, but of course this is not exclusive to Peugeot, or the RCZ. I know people who have had the same kind of experience with BMW & Mercs so I think a lemon is a lemon whatever badge it bears.

The only difference is how this is dealt with, and I think Pug have a lot to learn from the likes of the above when it comes to customer service.

I think you have arrived at this solution just in time though, as Z's may well become a little more scarce on the garage forecourt shortly, so I would stand your ground until you get the replacement car you want.

Hope it all turns out well for you, the RCZ is an amazing car, really..... It is, honest ;)


Totally agree is can happen with any make. I should know I used to work for GM. :lol:
The worst part is my friend bought a Merc at the same time and he had a couple of problems and they replaced the car in the end for a better model at no extra. The attitude of stoneacre has been shocking. Peugeot UK have been pretty good but could still improve. I'm now dealing with the head of Peugeot UKs assistant after sending the boss an email. I still have his email if anyone needs it.

I've had to accept I might not get a black one the same spec but I've said I would be happy with either another 200GT with nav in Black, white or grey or better still I'll have an R and happy to contribute a little towards it.
Speaking of the R am I right in thinking that front parking sensors were an extra unlike having them standard on the GT?
Last edited by PaulE on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk


Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 53
Sorry to hear that but as previously mentioned it's just a bad un you got and with the law of averages you'll get it with all cars, mine is a 2011 and it's never missed a beat, no problems whatsoever with it but what will make it worse for you is when it happened by spoiling what should have been a nice summer break.
Hope you get things sorted.

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:21 pm
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

Well I just posted the following in a post called "My RCZ is a piece of ****.


OK so where do I start.

Last year I managed to persuade the wife that we didn't need a big car (despite having 2 kids) and we should get an RCZ.

I bought a black 9 month old GT 200 with NAV with 8,000 on the clock.

3 days after buying it we were setting off to drive to Spain for the summer and broke down on our way to Euro tunnel. We were closer to the dealer than home so managed to limp to the dealer Stoneacre Peugeot Stafford (formally Randelles). The 4 of us slept in the car until they opened and they took it in and said t was just a blip and they had rest the fault and all was ok. We missed our train and a day at Euro Disney but had no choice.

Later that night we were close to Paris when the car again went into limp mode and fan started going nuts. It was Bastille day so all hotels were booked up so we ended up sleeping at a hotel at the airport then the next morning called the dealer to complain. They said there was nothing they could do and no apology. I managed to limp to a local dealer who took the car in and fixed it the same day replacing all the spark leads.

Car was fine for a few weeks then in Spain it packed in yet again. Too it to a Spanish dealer who replaced a thermostat sensor and off we went again.

A few more weeks later the same again. I took it to a dealer in the UK who took the car in twice and replaced the high pressure fuel pump.

A few weeks later the same thing happened again but this time the temp gauge was also bouncing around although the car was not actually overheating.

It went back to Stoneacre who changed the sensor again, fixed a prob with the NAV display and a small leak on the turbo inter cooler. I drove the car back from Stafford to Manchester and when I got home I popped the bonnet and found the idiots had changed the wrong leaking bolt.
I was going away and agreed to take it back when I got back. I got back from my hols and booked the car in but before it went in the engine fault returned and the car was again in limp mode.

After lots of arguing it went in for 3 weeks where they changed the high pressure fuel pump again. Replaced the leads again, replaced the temp sensor again and fitted a new timing chain and did an engine de coke.

I finally got the car back 9 days ago and thought all was fine until last night when the fault returned yet again.
I've been back on to dealer who haven't returned my call from yesterday and the receptionist laughed when I said the car had broken again.
I've been onto Peugeot UK who know the full story and it finally looks like they're admitting the car is a lemon and are going to look for a replacement. I'd asked for a replacement or my money back months ago but dealer kept fobbing me off.

Anyone else had a bad experience with their RCZ?
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:40 pm
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

tocayo wrote:
Sorry to hear that but as previously mentioned it's just a bad un you got and with the law of averages you'll get it with all cars, mine is a 2011 and it's never missed a beat, no problems whatsoever with it but what will make it worse for you is when it happened by spoiling what should have been a nice summer break.
Hope you get things sorted.


Cheers Tokayo, me too. The wife wants me to get rid now even if we get a replacement. If it's an R though I might have to pretend I'm selling it for a while ;)

I must admit the kids are getting a bit big for it too. Oh NO I think I might end up in a Hyundai Santa Fe.
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:47 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 53
PaulE wrote:
If it's an R though I might have to pretend I'm selling it for a while ;)

I must admit the kids are getting a bit big for it too. Oh NO I think I might end up in a Hyundai Santa Fe.

I'd go with the R option, there's plenty of room for the kids to tuck their knees up a bit more ;)

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:49 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3084
Kudos: 850
Location: Yorkshire
Regarding the front sensors on the R, yes they are an extra, but if you are offering a contribution to upgrade, you could ask them to either provide one with them fitted, or ask if they can be fitted by the supplying dealer as an aftermarket extra.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:11 pm
2retro User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 942
Kudos: 387
tocayo wrote:
PaulE wrote:
If it's an R though I might have to pretend I'm selling it for a while ;)

I must admit the kids are getting a bit big for it too. Oh NO I think I might end up in a Hyundai Santa Fe.

I'd go with the R option, there's plenty of room for the kids to tuck their knees up a bit more ;)

Either that or they can just travel in the boot? ;)

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:48 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 53
2retro wrote:
tocayo wrote:
PaulE wrote:
If it's an R though I might have to pretend I'm selling it for a while ;)

I must admit the kids are getting a bit big for it too. Oh NO I think I might end up in a Hyundai Santa Fe.

I'd go with the R option, there's plenty of room for the kids to tuck their knees up a bit more ;)

Either that or they can just travel in the boot? ;)

Best place for them if you ask me :lol:

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:31 pm
howardf Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 169
Kudos: 56
Location: South Yorkshire
Thats horrible bad luck you've had..... I,m amazed your patience lasted this long...I,m sure that I would have flipped by now!
Forget contributing to an upgrade, they should be bending over backwards to smooth it over with you after the amount of s*** you have put up with!!
Really hope it gets sorted for you quickly to your satisfaction .....H
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red
Nav Pack, Black Pack, Vision Pack
Front & Rear sensors
19" Black Onyx Solstice
Simple Black Leather interior Heated Seats

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:57 pm
mistral_blue Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 261
Kudos: 82
Location: Shrivenham
Bet you a pound to a pinch it's a coil or two going wrong. Limp home plus fan on is classic coil pack symptoms. I'm amazed they've not considered this yet.... I'd get them to do the coils AND plugs and see if that sorts it... I've posted a thread on the subject somewhere...
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8993
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:05 pm
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

mistral_blue wrote:
Bet you a pound to a pinch it's a coil or two going wrong. Limp home plus fan on is classic coil pack symptoms. I'm amazed they've not considered this yet.... I'd get them to do the coils AND plugs and see if that sorts it... I've posted a thread on the subject somewhere...
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8993



Thanks blue but it's now had 2 new coil packs and still happening. First in France then another last weeks. :( 2 high pressure fuel pumps, new cam chain and a de coke.

It's just a lemon,
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:08 pm
mistral_blue Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 261
Kudos: 82
Location: Shrivenham
What about the other two though? Worth doing them all IMO, although it does sound like you've been unlucky... Is it still covered under warranty?
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:17 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 8177
Kudos: 1570
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

You have had a truly terrible time of it and I think that you're rightly a replacement. They're not all like that....promise!!

Can I please ask, and I feel bad asking this after all the issues you've had and suspecting that you might be justifiably angry as it is, that you maybe confine the conversation to just one thread rather. It'll be easier for you to manage too. Sorry!! I could perhaps merge the two for you?
Image
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.


The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:37 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1645
Kudos: 320
Location: Ireland
Does your Z suffer from travel sickness?? A lot of those problems seemed to occur when you were abroad. :eusa-whistle:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue


RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:41 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1645
Kudos: 320
Location: Ireland
mistral_blue wrote:
Bet you a pound to a pinch it's a coil or two going wrong. Limp home plus fan on is classic coil pack symptoms. I'm amazed they've not considered this yet.... I'd get them to do the coils AND plugs and see if that sorts it... I've posted a thread on the subject somewhere...
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8993

Could be a good shout mistral :clap:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue


RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:19 pm
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

mistral_blue wrote:
What about the other two though? Worth doing them all IMO, although it does sound like you've been unlucky... Is it still covered under warranty?



When I said 2 coil packs Blue I meant 2 full coil packs. Yes still under warranty. Thank god as the bill for the last 3 weeks work would have been £2500.
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:20 pm
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

renegade79 wrote:
Does your Z suffer from travel sickness?? A lot of those problems seemed to occur when you were abroad. :eusa-whistle:



Well you think it would of liked a trip home to France. :)
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:55 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1645
Kudos: 320
Location: Ireland
I do hope this matter gets sorted and you continue to drive an RCZ whether it be a new one or your current one (fully functioning) because the summer is here and there are plenty of roads to tear up :dance:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue


RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 pm
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

Quick update.

Started the car this morning just to move it out of the way and straight away the fan was going nuts again and engine warning on.

Waited until lunchtime before calling Peugeot UK to see if there was any news on sourcing a replacement vehicle and told them I'd found an R for sale not to far from me I may be interested in. They are supposed to get back to me this afternoon with any suitable exchanges they have found and what it would cost me to change. I'm hoping for a BIG contribution from Peugeot to make the upgrade to the R worthwhile. I must admit I will miss my front parking sensors. Still not sure why they didn't fit them standard.


OK called Peugeot UK at 4:30 as I'd not heard back from them only to find out that the list of replacement cars they were waiting for hadn't arrived so I have to wait until tomorrow oh and the person dealing with it will be off tomorrow so I'm not holding any hope of a replacement car anytime soon. Oh I also told them I'd found one at another dealer I'd be happy to swap for but Sod's law it sold today. If you believe that.
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk

Post Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:48 am
PaulE User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 55
Kudos: 8

PaulE wrote:
Quick update.

Started the car this morning just to move it out of the way and straight away the fan was going nuts again and engine warning on.

Waited until lunchtime before calling Peugeot UK to see if there was any news on sourcing a replacement vehicle and told them I'd found an R for sale not to far from me I may be interested in. They are supposed to get back to me this afternoon with any suitable exchanges they have found and what it would cost me to change. I'm hoping for a BIG contribution from Peugeot to make the upgrade to the R worthwhile. I must admit I will miss my front parking sensors. Still not sure why they didn't fit them standard.


OK called Peugeot UK at 4:30 as I'd not heard back from them only to find out that the list of replacement cars they were waiting for hadn't arrived so I have to wait until tomorrow oh and the person dealing with it will be off tomorrow so I'm not holding any hope of a replacement car anytime soon. Oh I also told them I'd found one at another dealer I'd be happy to swap for but Sod's law it sold today. If you believe that.


So, as predicted I didn't get a call back from a manager at Peugeot customer service yesterday as promised. I now have no faith left in the car or Peugeot customer service. Think I'm going to have to walk in their offices with a huge barrel of whoop. Anyone fancy joining me? Would be nice to roll up with a ton of RCZS
Black 2013 RCZ 200 GT with Nav. :)


If anyone needs a Car check on a rcz let me know and will see what I can do. http://Www.CarCheckUK.co.uk my new website http://www.FlogYourVan.co.uk

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ General