Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Door adjustment

Door adjustment

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:04 am
photojohn User avatar

Kudos: 151
Hi guys,
Has anyone had or heard of any issue with the door alignment on a RCZ?

Sat in the passenger seat (my good lady is driving) on the M5 and I've noticed an above normal amount of wind noise coming from the top corner of the passenger door window. It's not sitting against the seal as tightly as it should. This is the first time I've properly traveled at speed in the passenger seat so it's more than likely been like this since new.

Is there much room for adjustment on the doors? Moving house in the next 10 days but will try and get into the dealer before.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:48 am
MaX83 User avatar

Kudos: 215
photojohn wrote:
Hi guys,
Has anyone had or heard of any issue with the door alignment on a RCZ?

Sat in the passenger seat (my good lady is driving) on the M5 and I've noticed an above normal amount of wind noise coming from the top corner of the passenger door window. It's not sitting against the seal as tightly as it should. This is the first time I've properly traveled at speed in the passenger seat so it's more than likely been like this since new.

Is there much room for adjustment on the doors? Moving house in the next 10 days but will try and get into the dealer before.

Have you tried adjusting the rubber? Also, a bit of dirt trapped between the window and seal will cause a bit of noise. Maybe post a pic or two.

Current: 2013 Peugeot 308 GTI THP 200
2013 BMW 328i(A) F30 M-Sport

Ex: 2013 Peugeot RCZ THP 200
2011 Citroen C4 THP 155
2008 Peugeot 207 GT THP 150

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
I cant see any adjustment on the hindges, so I think you would have to loosen the hinge brackets and try to move the door up/down until you think its correct.
Personally it's not a job I would take on, you could possibly make things worse.

I know this may sound stupid, but are you a passenger often ?
The reason I ask is because whenever I'm a passenger, which is not that often, I always think the passenger door is either not fully closed or the window may be slightly open.
I constantly try the window or pull on the door when I'm a passenger, and not just in the Z, it could be any car,
I think a drivers hearing on the right side gets used to wind/road noise from the drivers side because thats where they are more often, but maybe when a "driver" sits in the passenger seat their hearing on the left side is not used to these types of noises so much, so they automatically pick up on these types of noises, but are probably unconsciously blanking them from the right hand side when actually driving.

Just a thought :eusa-think:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:26 pm
photojohn User avatar

jactac wrote:
I cant see any adjustment on the hindges, so I think you would have to loosen the hinge brackets and try to move the door up/down until you think its correct.
Personally it's not a job I would take on, you could possibly make things worse.

I know this may sound stupid, but are you a passenger often ?
The reason I ask is because whenever I'm a passenger, which is not that often, I always think the passenger door is either not fully closed or the window may be slightly open.
I constantly try the window or pull on the door when I'm a passenger, and not just in the Z, it could be any car,
I think a drivers hearing on the right side gets used to wind/road noise from the drivers side because thats where they are more often, but maybe when a "driver" sits in the passenger seat their hearing on the left side is not used to these types of noises so much, so they automatically pick up on these types of noises, but are probably unconsciously blanking them from the right hand side when actually driving.

Just a thought :eusa-think:

Yeah I thought that could be the same at first. But it's definitely out at the top. You can see it and the wind noise is definitely louder than it should be. In fact I can push my finger in between the glass and the seal with no force.
Car doors used to always have some kind of adjustment. I've seen it done in body shops in the past to make the gaps right. But couldn't see anything obvious on the Z.

Btw, this is not something I will be doing myself as I don't need too. Cwr was new in september.

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:43 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
Take it back John, if you've only just had it.

Maybe the window is "pinching" as it hits the rubber so the motor then automatically stops, therefore not fully closing.
Whatever it is though get it back to the dealer.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:02 pm
stevebasshead User avatar

Kudos: 326
Just a thought, but the windows are designed to drop slightly when you first pull on the handle so that they clear the roof as you then open the door. Then when you shut it they should raise up that last few millimetres. Perhaps yours are falling to raise that last few millimetres? Easy to check but the fix would be a garage job for the electronics/switch that triggers it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:12 pm
photojohn User avatar

Seals seem to match up with the drivers side and from what I can tell, the window is travelling all the way up as it should.
Just had a better look at the gap on the door and it's definitely out. Wider at the top than the bottom. Just a bugger that I'm moving 350 miles away from the dealer this week so will get it sorted under warranty when we've settled in.

Cheers guys :-)

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:29 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

Take to a auto body shop and have them check it, hopefully the car was never in an accident causing this.

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:15 pm
MaX83 User avatar

Kudos: 215
RCZ-Performance wrote:
Take to a auto body shop and have them check it, hopefully the car was never in an accident causing this.

Have to agree with RCZP, if your rubbers lines up and it moves to the top most position with the door closed (check the a-pillar seal for this), then you will have to get a panelshop to look at it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Current: 2013 Peugeot 308 GTI THP 200
2013 BMW 328i(A) F30 M-Sport

Ex: 2013 Peugeot RCZ THP 200
2011 Citroen C4 THP 155
2008 Peugeot 207 GT THP 150

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:44 pm
photojohn User avatar

RCZ-Performance wrote:

It's a new car mate.

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:01 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

photojohn wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:

It's a new car mate.

Well it got out of shape some how, unless it passed QC from the plant that way. If you know an independent body shop just have them take a look before taking it to the dealership (it's what I would do). Arm yourself with knowledge about the specific problem with your car this way so that Peugeot cannot come up with excuses, not that they would do that ;)

Keep us posted.

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:52 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
photojohn wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:

It's a new car mate.

New cars get damaged all of the time. They get repaired and sold as a new car :o
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am
beastwez Newbie

Kudos: 1
Sorry to hijack this old thread, wondering if the OP got his car sorted?

I've got exactly the same issue - realised when jet washing the car, the passenger seat afterwards was piss wet through. Upon inspection, the front window doesn't sit flush, and there's a gap. The window opens and closes fine.
There's a tiny bit of movement if I push on the window, but not enough to close the gap.

We've had the car about four years, it's an 11 reg. As far as Im aware, we haven't pranged it, but it's her car so you never know haha.

Thanks in advance!

(going to start a new thread also)

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:22 am
beastwez Newbie

Kudos: 1
Apologies, please ignore - I've had a closer look it's the seal around the top, looks like the sticky stuff isn't sticky anymore, and some of it had disappeared up into the frame. Must have been stopping the door/window from closing properly

Return to Peugeot RCZ General