Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Gap Insurance

Gap Insurance

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1393
I get Vehicle Replacement + as the cost of the car and the extras you spec may go up in the time you have the car so going Back to Invoice could leave you short and you will have to top up. Vehicle Replacement should see replacement, like for like.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 am
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
I don't recall either option being available/offered. Mine was a simple case of deciding how many thousand pounds worth of cover that I would require to bridge the gap between what my insurer would payout in the event of the car being lost or written off. Off the top of my head I don't recall what figure we settled on but my gut feeling says it was around the £15k mark
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am
Grantp User avatar

Kudos: 85
RCZ1 wrote:
I get Vehicle Replacement + as the cost of the car and the extras you spec may go up in the time you have the car so going Back to Invoice could leave you short and you will have to top up. Vehicle Replacement should see replacement, like for like.

OO58RON wrote:
I don't recall either option being available/offered. Mine was a simple case of deciding how many thousand pounds worth of cover that I would require to bridge the gap between what my insurer would payout in the event of the car being lost or written off. Off the top of my head I don't recall what figure we settled on but my gut feeling says it was around the £15k mark

Thanks both for your responses, the premiumus I quoted are for cover at £17,500 which is what the site calculator automatically entered when putting in a car value of £30,000. Either quote is still far less than the I took out with the Dealership last time.
1st RCZ - GT 156 - Charcoal - JBL HiFi Pack - NG4 3D Sat Nav
Ordered 22nd June 2010 - Built 12th Sept - In Calais 21st Sept 2010 - Picked up from Dealers 5th Oct 2010

2nd RCZ - GT 200 - Nero Black - Technical Storm Grey Alloys - JBL HiFi Pack - RT6 SatNav - Vision Pack - Black Pack
Ordered 26th Jan 2013 - Built 22nd April - In Calais 29th April - Picked up from Dealers 17th May 2013

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:49 am
OO58RON User avatar

Yes it is dramatically different isn't it? I like them too as they seem friendly. I took it out for Pearl and a few months later increased the cover and changed the cover onto Pearl2. They do not charge for "administration" I paid a small increase to cover the cost of the increased cover that I'd taken out. I am under the impression that if I was to be in a position of claiming on this policy, then I would be given the funds to purchase the same car with the same level of refinement. So what can they do about the inferior RT6 as opposed to my NG4 :lol:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Just bought GAP insurance for my Z through

www.ala.co.uk

If anyone is interested you can use the following codes for discounts:

QU005 for 5% discount

vri4434 for 10% discount

GAP13 again for 5% discount

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:18 pm
OO58RON User avatar

So why not simply use vri4434 for 10% discount? :eusa-think:

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

OO58RON wrote:

Because some discount codes do not last for very long. Here you have a choice, if one or more expire :)

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:00 pm
OO58RON User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:
OO58RON wrote:

Because some discount codes do not last for very long. Here you have a choice, if one or more expire :)

That explains that then :thumbup:

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 am

Kudos: 8
Hi just noticed this thread and thought I'd add my experience into the frame so to speak, I was quoted £350.00 for an "RTI" gap insurance, (return to Invoice) from my dealer, and after discussing it with my son who told me "you can get that alot cheaper online" he pointed me to this company who he had used for his car, http://www.ala.co.uk, so I decided to buy a "VRI" policy, (Vehicle replacement) for £164.00 one off payment for 3 years cover.
We looked around several other companies but this one seemed to fit better, but I was amazed at the price difference, it begs the question, why are the dealers so expensive ??
"If In Doubt Go Flat Out"

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:46 am
RCZ1 User avatar

...... Because it's a commission filled option for the salesman :eusa-whistle:

ala are the same company I'm with :thumbup:

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 pm
Grantp User avatar

Kudos: 85
I am also with ALA on a VRI policy. I took dealership insurance first time round being rather ignorant about such things. But thanks to forum much more informed this time round. Dealer not overly impressed when I turned down GAP insurance and there SureGuard paint protection this time round, but saved myself a few quid :thumbup:
1st RCZ - GT 156 - Charcoal - JBL HiFi Pack - NG4 3D Sat Nav
Ordered 22nd June 2010 - Built 12th Sept - In Calais 21st Sept 2010 - Picked up from Dealers 5th Oct 2010

2nd RCZ - GT 200 - Nero Black - Technical Storm Grey Alloys - JBL HiFi Pack - RT6 SatNav - Vision Pack - Black Pack
Ordered 26th Jan 2013 - Built 22nd April - In Calais 29th April - Picked up from Dealers 17th May 2013

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 pm
OO58RON User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:

Me too :thumbup:

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:38 pm
OO58RON User avatar

RCZ1 wrote:

Me too :thumbup:

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:54 pm
CatherineF Senior Member

Kudos: 97
Excellent thread. As my 508 SW was a replacement for a written off one, it was a pretty easy sell for the Salesman. Whilst I got a good deal on the car it's fair to say I did not get a good deal on the GAP.

I'm about 50% of the way through the policy and I did call them yesterday to enquire about swapping it to the new car. They said that wasn't possible but I could have a refund once I trade the car in on Tuesday.

So I'll be doing that for certain. I'll probably buy online, but I'm not sure on what value of cover to go for?
2013 RCZ GT 156 THP
Mercury Grey, Black Leather, Black and Vision Packs

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:01 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Ala switched my policy from one RCZ to the new one without cost. Obviously I paid a little extra for the additional years cover on the new car

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm
CatherineF Senior Member

Just had an online quote from ALA.

£102.30 for back to invoice price £10,000 cover over 3 years.

or

£129.27 for vehicle replacement.
2013 RCZ GT 156 THP

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:34 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

It's strange they wouldn't transfer the cover. They did it for my husband's car when he bought a new one.

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:51 pm
CatherineF Senior Member

RCZ1 wrote:
It's strange they wouldn't transfer the cover. They did it for my husband's car when he bought a new one.

Was that with Peugeot insurance?
2013 RCZ GT 156 THP

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:05 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Sorry No. It was ALA GAP insurance that transferred it.

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:31 am
stagger321 User avatar

Kudos: 64
In the market for GAP insurance now - cover for £23k car.
Anyone used any of the listed ones here - other that ALA - who seem quite popular.
As you can see from the list, they are not necessarily the cheapest
http://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/guides/gap-insurance/return-to-invoice-gap-insurance-review/
Cheers

Stagger

----------------------------------------------------------
RCZ 'R' : 2014 - Mercury Grey
Triumph Stag : 1974 - White - Original Triumph V8
----------------------------------------------------------

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ General