Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Gap Insurance

Gap Insurance

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:38 pm
rjc813 Regular
Regular

Posts: 45
Kudos: 0
The back to invoice means exactly that, what you paid for the car, not the current Market value so you don't lose anything if your car is stolen or written off during the policy period. As my car was with me very quickly I took the peugeot GAPinsurance as I did not have time to shop around and at least had the cover if something happened. You get a 14 day cooling off period which I used to shop around and found the ala policy, which was exactly like for like but more than half the price that peugeot were offering. Like everything take your time and shop around and if you do use ala, look for those voucher codes!
Nera Black 163 HDI GT ordered Jan 2010, delivered June 2010....loving every minute of the most amazing car!


Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:08 pm
rczwannabe Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 139
Kudos: 1
Location: Yeovil, Somerset
I took out Gap Insurance with my last car because I financed it. However I'm paying cash for the RCZ. Is it still possible to have this policy, does anyone know please?
Proud owner of a Pearl White Diesel GT since Thursday 30th September!

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:36 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 9342
Kudos: 1400
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
rczwannabe wrote:
I took out Gap Insurance with my last car because I financed it. However I'm paying cash for the RCZ. Is it still possible to have this policy, does anyone know please?


Yes, you can GAP insurance however which way you pay for the car. :thumbup:
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights


RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 pm
rczwannabe Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 139
Kudos: 1
Location: Yeovil, Somerset
RCZ1 wrote:
rczwannabe wrote:
I took out Gap Insurance with my last car because I financed it. However I'm paying cash for the RCZ. Is it still possible to have this policy, does anyone know please?


Yes, you can GAP insurance however which way you pay for the car. :thumbup:


Thats great info, thanks!
Proud owner of a Pearl White Diesel GT since Thursday 30th September!

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 pm
jactac User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3061
Kudos: 508
Location: Swansea
I will be collecting my new car in a few weeks and would appreciate some advice on GAP insurance and quotes.
I have looked online and some of the quotes do seem very good.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:04 pm
RCZGT200 Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 834
Kudos: 3
Location: Northamptonshire
Steve can sort you a very good price if I tell him too :lol:
2014 Honda CRV SR • 1990 Audi ur quattro 20v • 2004 Mazda RX8 231

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:44 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 9342
Kudos: 1400
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
I usually buy my GAP insurance on-line but when I mentioned this to my dealer, they said they would match any quote that I got. Which they did :thumbup:
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights


RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:03 pm
jactac User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3061
Kudos: 508
Location: Swansea
Im finding quotes, without really looking that far into it, for well under £100 for 3 years of cover, and up to GAP amounts of £7500. A few years ago when i last bought a new car it was expensive for GAP, but it seems as though things have changed for the better. :dance:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:50 pm
H12RPO User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 497
Kudos: 0
Location: Cardiff
I was tempted by the insurance at the point of sale from the dealer but, Just check your current insurance policy first...................When I asked them to change my policy for the new car as soon as they quoted they said "and that includes the gap insurance"....................Result!

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:09 pm
jactac User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3061
Kudos: 508
Location: Swansea
yeah, i,m gonna ring them in the morning, someone else suggested the same thing, i think on some policies it's an added extra for new cars.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 pm
H12RPO User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 497
Kudos: 0
Location: Cardiff
Yes it was on mine but at no extra charge!!!!!

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:49 pm
rjc813 Regular
Regular

Posts: 45
Kudos: 0
I got mine for £120 for 3 years, exactly the same cover that peugeot were offering for £300!
Nera Black 163 HDI GT ordered Jan 2010, delivered June 2010....loving every minute of the most amazing car!

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:28 am
jactac User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3061
Kudos: 508
Location: Swansea
H12RPO wrote:
I was tempted by the insurance at the point of sale from the dealer but, Just check your current insurance policy first...................When I asked them to change my policy for the new car as soon as they quoted they said "and that includes the gap insurance"....................Result!



Rang Aviva (my insurance company) and they do indeed include GAP cover, on brandnew cars, for the first registered owner, for 12 months from first registration, the GAP can also be extended up to 3 years of cover, however you have to valid motor insurance policy with them to have their GAP, and my insurance was only just renewed out with them, so as you say m8 ............ Result :thumbup:
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:37 am
RCZGT200 Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 834
Kudos: 3
Location: Northamptonshire
most uk insurers give people new for old cover for year 1 - alot of dealer policies start in year 2 and run for 3 years.
2014 Honda CRV SR • 1990 Audi ur quattro 20v • 2004 Mazda RX8 231

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 9342
Kudos: 1400
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
jactac wrote:
H12RPO wrote:
I was tempted by the insurance at the point of sale from the dealer but, Just check your current insurance policy first...................When I asked them to change my policy for the new car as soon as they quoted they said "and that includes the gap insurance"....................Result!



Rang Aviva (my insurance company) and they do indeed include GAP cover, on brandnew cars, for the first registered owner, for 12 months from first registration, the GAP can also be extended up to 3 years of cover, however you have to valid motor insurance policy with them to have their GAP, and my insurance was only just renewed out with them, so as you say m8 ............ Result :thumbup:


So what happens if you change insurance company after a year, have you lost your GAP cover? Also as I understood it, but I may be wrong, it costs more for GAP, the older a car gets, so even after a year, you would be paying more for it?
To me it would be better to buy GAP as a separate entity from the start.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights


RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:20 pm
jactac User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3061
Kudos: 508
Location: Swansea
I think you can only purchase extended Gap from Aviva if you have a policy with them, but your covered for for Gap on new cars up to the first 12 months or for as long as you have left remaining on your insurance policy when you do a change of vehicle.

Example: i have over 11 months left on my policy, so if i were to change cars today i would be covered for GAP at no extra charge for the 11 months, then at the end of my policy if i renew with Aviva they will then offer Gap for a "very competitive" fee (their words not mine), again for the next 12 months and so on.

Even if you only have a few months left on you existing policy when you change vehicles, it's worth taking the Gap and then seeing what they quote you at renewal for more Gap and Motor insurance, otherwise if you take out seperate GAP then you've paid for the first year when you are already covered.

I cannot see the point in taking out seperate GAP in the first 12 months when you may be covered with your exsisting insurance provider.

They basicaly offer "new for old" on brand new cars to the first registered owner for up to 12 months or the remaining time left on your policy, then just renew both policies or shop around.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:10 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 9342
Kudos: 1400
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
I understand that but with GAP you pay a one off payment for three years. How much will a "a very competitive" fee be each year? To be honest I've never heard of renewing it every year. I've always understood it to be a one of payment for 3, 4 or more years :eusa-think:
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights


RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:11 pm
jactac User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3061
Kudos: 508
Location: Swansea
This is how Aviva do it.
The easiest way of looking at it is that if you need to make a claim in the first year or even in the remaining months of your policy, the insurance company, in this case Aviva, will replace your car for a new one of identical spec, ie: "new for old", this is apparantly what most insurance companies offer, however this only applies though to brand new cars and the policy owner has to be the first registered owner from new.
Then when the policy then expires you will have a new quote as normal, but you can request an optional extra quote for a 2nd year to cover GAP.

To be honest it's all a bit new to me but i think i will stick with my insurance company for the first year and then get quotes for the 2nd.

I have had quotes online as low as £75 for 3 years of cover up to £7500 of cover. So if it's cheap enough you may aswell take the full 3 years out from the start, that way your covered from all angles.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:18 pm
shers Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 9
Kudos: 0
I bought my gorgeous rcz in December, The dealers offered me GAP insurance, I didn't know much about gap and they said I would be mad not to take it out, so I did,
I've now found out that I could have got GAP a lot cheaper online and now I feel pissed off, I've paid 4 payments now so there is no point cancelling my policy to buy online, my point is if anyone is getting their new car soon PLEASE check deals online before agreeing the dealers GAP Insurance

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 6156
Kudos: 891
Location: York
You have learnt a lesson that we all learn. Same as the paintseal packages offered. You can get more for less £'s by looking around.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Image

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ General

cron