Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Gap Insurance

Gap Insurance

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:29 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 844
Oh b*gger! Wish I had read this thread a week ago. Just paid £319 for RTI gap insurance for 3 years on my new (to me) z.

What's that they say about a fool and his money? :wtf:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:54 am
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Don't worry, you aren't the first nor will you be the last. You will have a 14 day period to cancel this so I'd be making that phone call and shopping around!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:47 pm
AAAHHCEEEZEED Member

Kudos: 44
I took Gap insurance at a cost of £300. It covers the car for 3 years. Never had it before as deemed a waste of money. but with buying this car I wanted to ensure I was covered in case so I could look to replace with a similar like for like model.

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:23 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 319
As part of the package for buying the car gap insurance rti was included, when this was coming up to run out I made enquiries and found a company that would take the insurance over (can't remember if it's for another 3 or 5 years) but was around £184 (I think), far less than the dealership price.

When I bought my RCZ-R I got a 5 year deal with the same company (Frank Pickles, I think) for around £250. This was for full value or next higher model if no new exist.

But they can only be insured if previous insurance is still in effect or car is less than a few months old.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:31 pm
ianGT156 User avatar

Kudos: 31

I took GAP insurance out this evening. Possible special offer of £30 off.

I used www.click4gap.co.uk

It has cost me £139 for 4 years based on the following:

Purchased for £9960 on 4/8/17. First registration date April 2013 Cover amount £15000. The insurer/underwriter seems to be "Red Sands Insurance Company", a bit of research seems to suggest that they are OK.

Today they have a code on their website "FLASH30" which reduced my premium from £169 to £139. The biggest player in the GAP market seems to be Warranty Direct, but their equivalent price is about £217 or so.

I think the "cover amount" is a bit of a fantasy. I could have bumped it up to £25K for no additional premium. I'm assuming that in reality, all I would get is my purchase price of £9960. But for £139 for four years, it's the proverbial "cheap as chips".
RCZ 156 GT Mercury Grey 2013 £9960 - Now named Rozie!
Remap to 181.9hp and 300.7 Nm £354.
Private Plate RCZ 2820 (£365)
Cleaning Kit Bits (£400+)
Recaro Car Seat Protector £22.50 (for the dog)
Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 2741446218

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:48 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 193
What I cant understand in this climate of cash for crash scams etc is

What is to stop people smashing there car up before the insurance runs out or if they have a problem with the car say engine light or something, then they do something and get a car back up to the value they paid. So in reality ( not for Z's ) they could get a lot newer model with probably lower mileage?
You can see this will be the next scam area!
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :lol:

Previous

Return to Peugeot RCZ General