Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General POLL: What colour have you ordered?

POLL: What colour have you ordered?

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

What colour RCZ?

Telluric Matt Grey
3%
Opal White
19%
Amber Red
7%
Mercury Grey
12%
Charcoal
7%
Shark Grey
6%
Nera Black
16%
Dolphin Blue
12%
Pearl White
17%

Total votes : 347

Post Tue May 31, 2011 1:39 pm
agking2 Newbie

Kudos: 0
ordered a nera black with 19" black alloys...and delivery will be next monday come on well excited.....!!!!!!!! :dance:

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:18 pm
HelsBels Regular
Regular

Ordered Opal white 4th May (my 2nd RCZ!). Been given an initial estimated build date of 25th July. Can anyone advise how long does it take for delivery from build? I hope this estimate improves to an earlier actual date!!!!!
I'm very impatient now having already owned one (for just 3 weeks) and knowing just how good it is - I want my car!!!!!
:roll: :lol:
1st RCZ - beautiful Opal White GT 2.0HDi Black grille, mirrors, alloys, calipers, interior sports kit - known as Flash Gordon (Flash/FG for short!)
2nd RCZ - SAME born 22/6/11 delivered 22/7/11.

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:53 pm
manelin Senior Member

wierd... i ordered mine around 10th of may. and it was supposed to be build at the end of june, being here mid july. Dude even called peugeot cuz when he checked email for the current build dates he couldnt believe it... anyways.. he said made end of june, arrive mid juli.. only 50 more sleepies. ARG SO LONG

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:11 pm
Mikea Newbie

Waiting for my opal White HDi GT with black solstice and quads. Build date is 17th June. Can't wait. It's my first brand new car.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 pm
RCZPeter Regular
Regular

Mine's also an opal white HDi GT with black solstice (no other + options). Ordered last week in Leicester - EDD is late Sept. I've had two white cars previously, many years ago - an opel manta and even longer ago, a droptop TR7. Loved both of them - only irritation with white was showing up insects on the front after motorway drive.
I've also gone for Supagard - presumably not such a risk of a poor looking job on a light colour?
GT HDi. Opal White. Black alloys.
Delivered 15th September 2011.
Leicestershire.

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
RCZPeter wrote:
Mine's also an opal white HDi GT with black solstice (no other + options). Ordered last week in Leicester - EDD is late Sept. I've had two white cars previously, many years ago - an opel manta and even longer ago, a droptop TR7. Loved both of them - only irritation with white was showing up insects on the front after motorway drive.
I've also gone for Supagard - presumably not such a risk of a poor looking job on a light colour?

Blimey TR7. Was too young to be able to afford one but left plenty of drool marks over my neighbours
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:45 pm
RCZPeter Regular
Regular

Yeah, TR7 was great (when it worked!) My coolest car was probably my last Peugeot - Mi16 4x4, but that was red.
GT HDi. Opal White. Black alloys.
Delivered 15th September 2011.
Leicestershire.

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 am
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
I'm not into cars so I do not know what any of these models look like that people mention on here. A Mi16 4x4 could be a spaceship to me. I am more familiar with the old British Leyland stuff. My neighbour was a hairdresser in every sense of the word and had all of the TR's in succession and I just drooled from a safe distance. Shame that Red Ken destroyed them. All those marques lost to history.
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:07 pm
jactac User avatar

Kudos: 508
RCZPeter wrote:

I had GardX, on my Opal, same stuff as Supagard, and i think it's worth having. I find that even tar just wash's off, also bird mess does not stain.
RCZ 156 GT
Opal White,
NG4 Sat Nav, Latest firmware/Maps/Speed cameras
Interior Sport Kit,
Onyx Black Solstice 19's,
Front RCZ Splitters
Phillips H7's Diamond Vision/Phillips X-treme vision
380/360 Led DLR's
Paint & Interior leather protection

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:41 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
jactac wrote:
RCZPeter wrote:

I had GardX, on my Opal, same stuff as Supagard, and i think it's worth having. I find that even tar just wash's off, also bird mess does not stain.

i had my grande punto multijet sporting diesel shit fast after a remap ;) it was supergaurded and to be honest jactac 8-) i wasnt impressed with this kit maybe it was because of its application by the dealer as it was full of swirl marks from day 1.i am a keen detailer and knowing this i think its a costly accessory.

ps my grande punto was in wait for it.......................................exotica red £200 extra why i dont know its the first time a car company has charged for flat paint back in 2006

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 pm
djf Member

RCZPeter wrote:
opel manta

Awesome car I had one of these too, a white GTE with the Manta 400 body kit ... what a car :)

Now I'm going from a green z3 to a Mercury GT. Funny for me it was pretty much the only colour.
Blue Strada -> Grey Manta GTE -> White Manta GTE -> Apache Tigra -> Blue Puma -> Green Puma -> Silver Puma -> Green Z3 -> Mercury RCZ

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 pm
mrbeard101 Newbie

Amber red is by far the best color !!! Had ours a week now.great choice !

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 am
bee Senior Member

Kudos: 29
yes its a forgone conclusion (red)

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:09 pm
mikeyv60 Senior Member

Kudos: 26
I believe that Peugeot will now charge an extra £200 for white from November the 1st?

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1467
mikeyv60 wrote:
I believe that Peugeot will now charge an extra £200 for white from November the 1st?

Where have you heard that? I presume you mean Pearl white?
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 am
jassyo06 Senior Member

my fav colours in this order would 1.asphalt grey 8-) rare 2.opal white it really is the colour for the car and the most photogenic 8-) 3.mercury grey it shows off all the rcz'd groves,lines,and curves the best,4.pearlescent white looks cool 8-) under street lighting but cream against an opal.least favs are the darker shades.but the red is in no mans land?its the least sporty looking of all the colours strange that as red is supposed to the sportiest of colours maybe its because its metallic :( but looks sexual with black soltice fitted.some more flat paint colours would help a proper red and silver that would be nice.

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 am
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
jassyo06 wrote:
my fav colours in this order would 1.asphalt grey 8-) rare 2.opal white it really is the colour for the car and the most photogenic 8-) 3.mercury grey it shows off all the rcz'd groves,lines,and curves the best,4.pearlescent white looks cool 8-) under street lighting but cream against an opal.least favs are the darker shades.but the red is in no mans land?its the least sporty looking of all the colours strange that as red is supposed to the sportiest of colours maybe its because its metallic :( but looks sexual with black soltice fitted.some more flat paint colours would help a proper red and silver that would be nice.

I agree that red should PERHAPS be more 'pillarbox' red but after glossing mine today I was astonished at how well the curves show up now. Red is an amazing colour ..... And exclusive!

Generally, I cannot abide the likes of Mercury aka 'no paint grey' (of all the beautiful paint colours, why pick grey - like choosing ready salted crisps!) BUT I think the RCZ carries it off brilliantly.
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 am
jassyo06 Senior Member

donnaj1dlh wrote:
jassyo06 wrote:

I agree that red should PERHAPS be more 'pillarbox' red but after glossing mine today I was astonished at how well the curves show up now. Red is an amazing colour ..... And exclusive!

Generally, I cannot abide the likes of Mercury aka 'no paint grey' (of all the beautiful paint colours, why pick grey - like choosing ready salted crisps!) BUT I think the RCZ carries it off brilliantly.

Donna you should have got them Soltice black wheels darling :( there is a video on you tube with a female journalist driving the rcz around with the soltice wheels on and every other extra come to think of it cant post a link i dont know how to :( but its called womenandwheels you tube :thumbup:

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:29 am
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
jassyo06 wrote:
Donna you should have got them Soltice black wheels darling :( there is a video on you tube with a female journalist driving the rcz around with the soltice wheels on and every other extra come to think of it cant post a link i dont know how to :( but its called womenandwheels you tube :thumbup:

I quite like my 'plain' wheels actually. A nice bit of bling to match the chrome bars :text-blondmoment: Plus I've read that the black and diamond cut wheels are a pig to fix if they get damaged :eusa-think: .
I've watched those reviews on youtube ..... typical woman journalists - going on about how 'pretty' it is! :oops: It's nice to see an Amber red one being reviewed though :thumbup:
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:14 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1467
Colour choice is a very personal thing and what one person likes another will hate !
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ General