Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General 67 Plate RCZ - can this be right ?

67 Plate RCZ - can this be right ?

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 607
Well I wanted to make my one thousandth post a good one - but I have nowt juicy enough BUT I do have this....

A RCZ which is a 2015 model that DVLA gives a 2018 ( 67 ) number plate !

Now I have had legal dealings with DVLA over age related plates so this really bugs me so much so that I might get of my arse and do something !

In my pico knowledge, if importing a car into blighty, it receives an age related plate from DVLA, it does NOT however get a plate that is current at time of application.

Now anyone else on here like to enlighten me on this - I will stand corrected and welcome justified criticism where appropriate.

Check it out.....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 2rt&page=1

Image image subject to copyright of respectful owner

TBH I think he's been out of the country to long to think he can get £19000 for it. LHD too.

Cheers M. and happy thousandth - Yeah !!! feel like I'm an old codger now - Oh, I am LOL...
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1127
Congrats on your 1K post :clap: :beer: :dance:

Well, I always thought that imports were given Q plates, but I am probably @20 years out of date with current regs.

Whatever plate they stick on it, it’s not going to fetch that kind of money. :crazy: :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 371
That could be one in storage where someone has decided to buy.
The plate is for the date registered not year of car.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 am
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 531
So it's a LHD car from sandy Dubai with 19K on the clock for £19K?! Yeah, right! lol

Must be a cock up with the year because it says next MOT due in 2019 but if it was new it wouldn't need one until 2020 would it?

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:25 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
It may have been registered in the UK in 2018 but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna come with an 18 plate :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

So 19k on the clock, mot due in 2019, it must be worth £19k :eusa-whistle: :eusa-think: ;)
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:11 am
Plecodoras User avatar

The advert says 67 plate. Yes registered for UK in 2018, but the car is a 2015 year, so it should get a 2015 plate.
In brief I bought a bike which was unregistered, ie had not been put on road or registered for a plate with DVLA, when I went to put it on the road, ( this had been stored ) they gave me a plate from the year of manufacture not from when I registered it. My arguement with them is that it SHOULD of got a plate from the year registered because it was brand new and stored unused, like cars at the docks from Europe or further afield, they get plates when first registered in this country from new.
You could buy a brand new car from a dealers which has been stood on the docks at Bristol for upto a year or more, so whats the difference?

Here you have a second hand car which has previously been registered for the road in a different country and imported to UK, it should have got an age related plate - end off, not a 67 plate.
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Now on second white* R

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:11 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

When I bought my previous car - a Renault Megane CC, we bought it from a dealership in Sheffield which was advertising it as “brand new”. I had been waiting for the facelift model which had a few nice “extras” as standard over the previous version.

After picking the car up & giving them all my hard earned, I soon realised that this was not the latest version, but in fact the previous model. It had a brand new registration, but turned out to be 18 months old, and had been stored unused, unregistered, & unsold.

There followed a 3 weeks battle, during which time I put @800 miles on the car, while I tried to get my money back. Eventually, I succeeded but by that time they had sold on my old car which I had part exchanged. They gave me the money they had made on my part ex, & I had to buy a little run about until I sourced a replacement Megane.

Point is, it was a previous model, 18 months old car which the DVLA allowed to be registered with the current latest registration. If I hadn’t researched the cars features, they would have probably got away with selling it as “new” (which they constantly complained “technically” it was).
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:01 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

That is my point exactly Pete, DVLA want their cake and eat it, they seem to bend over backwards for squeelers but don't give a flying fig for the gen public.

Now on second white* R

Return to Peugeot RCZ General