Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Fluid or oil leak

Fluid or oil leak

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:39 pm
Docksey007 User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 10

Hi all. Wondered if any of you can advise. I spotted a patch of oil on the driveway when I returned home and have just taken a little look under the car to see a lot of fluid over the under carriage. Right hand side. Front end. Seems to be fluid covering quite an area. Any one had this?
Red RCZ R
Heavily Detailed

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:51 pm
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 263
Hi. Could be the chain tensioner. But any more detailed information or pics would help.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:56 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 527
When you say right hand side do you mean drivers or passenger side I think it’s most likely to be coolant from a split thermostat housing or your not just seeing condensation from the aircon? :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:19 pm
Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
Docksey007 wrote:
Hi all. Wondered if any of you can advise. I spotted a patch of oil on the driveway when I returned home and have just taken a little look under the car to see a lot of fluid over the under carriage. Right hand side. Front end. Seems to be fluid covering quite an area. Any one had this?

While mine was undergoing wheel refurbishment the refurbishers showed me an oil stain (aprox 2" dia) where the car had been parked, i got it checked out and it was a leak from the 'timing chain tensioner', it just needed tightening... leak fixed :-)
Red Carbon 200

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:05 pm
Docksey007 User avatar

Regular
Regular

Thanks for your replies everyone. I can’t feel or hear my thing out of place when I was driving it. I think the obvious thing to do is get it in to a local garage and on a ramp so we can see what’s cracking.

I’m just very nervous about even driving her 10 yards as last think i want is any major damage caused. Would you guys have any advise? Will I be safe to run 10 miles in it say? Or call out somebody to take a look. Fortunately I have a company car so the R can hold out until Wednesday when I have time to sort.

Cheers all
Red RCZ R
Heavily Detailed

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:14 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 263
We still don't know what kind of fluid it is sitting on your drive. Can you identify? Or post a picture?
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:26 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1113
If you have no choice but to drive the short distance, make sure all your levels are showing full befor setting off, and drive steadily. Any warning messages en-route, stop and re-check your levels. Might be advisable to take top ups with you just in case.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm
Docksey007 User avatar

Regular
Regular

Turned out to be Tenshioner gasket so Peugeot replaced at a beautiful cost of £93.00. Wahoo
Red RCZ R
Heavily Detailed

Post Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 527
Does sound expensive for a small O ring seal but at least it’s sorted and nothing serious :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Return to Peugeot RCZ General