Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Just bought RCZ :Jack and other questions

Just bought RCZ :Jack and other questions

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Raggety Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hi, I have finally bought the car I have been admiring for some time. 2014 RCZ 2L HDI.
I am thrilled to bits with it and plan to drive it down to Southern Brittany in a few weeks time.
I've had a number of Peugeots, but when I looked in the boot of the RCZ there is only a puncture kit contraption no Jack or anything else.
Is that standard and do i need one?
Also, is there anything I need to get checked before my trip?
I bought the car privately and am not knowledgeable about engines like some on here so apologies if that's an annoying question.
I do need two new front tyres, all advice welcome.

RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 206
You can get a jack and spare tyre, I think 407 space savers fit.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven. It done gone sideways.

renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
The RCZ does not come with a spare wheel therefore you don’t get a jack neither just a tyre repair canister and an air compressor. I took my HDi to Brittany and Normandy a few years ago and had an amazing holiday!
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 561
Hi and welcome, as previously stated what you have is the standard kit, you can buy a jack and quite a few owners have bought a second hand alloy which does just fit in the boot wheel well but stands a little proud lifting the boot liner up. What you have to be careful of is the weak jacking points loads of horror stories on here regarding Folding of the jacking points. Your better off lifting from the chassis members under the car. Regarding your trip just make sure all your fluid levels are topped up and you should be good to go. Just remember to post some photos of your trip. :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Raggety Newbie

Kudos: 1
Thanks so much for advice.
Will look for spare alloy - and a decent Jack.
Your friendliness and patience is much appreciated!
It'll be a different journey to the previous in the 207 that's for sure!

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1137
The best tyre choice for the front would be Michelin PS4s. It is always open to conjecture of course, with some people liking different features of different tyres, but those who have gone for the PS4s like myself seem to think they are the best choice.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

numpty58 Newbie

Kudos: 5
Hi, new member here, wife bought me an RCZ HDI as a retirement present/bribe to actually retire.
absolutely love it, had it since march. on a 65 plate 20K miles. replacing a 307 cabriolet.
I have bought a new spacesaver from ebay that fits the boot wheel well rather snuggly.
however I had a nail in the right rear a few days ago tyre didn't deflate so got it home .
I used my trolley jack on the underside of the coil spring to lift the car (any objections to that?)
the trolley jack wouldn't fit under the jacking point.
when I had the puncture repaired the guys at National used a low profile trolley jack on the sill jack point .
this was before I read all these comments .
I don't like the idea of the gunk kit hence the spacesaver, but I guess I need a small low profile jack to carry around.
any advice on that?
what about raising the car on the lower spring arm too?

love the huge boot on these things, where does Audi TT man keep his golf clubs?
leather seats are a little uncomfortable in all this hot weather though.

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 561
Hi and welcome, yes jacking is a bit of an issue your ok to jack up on the bottom of the rear spring but I wouldn’t advise doing that on the front wishbone, I have recently found this jack at Halfords a bargain too makes life so much easier check the link out viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12258#p135223
:beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1137
That’s the same jack I use :thumbup:

You can always just drive the thing onto a small square of wood to raise it high enough to get your existing jack under. Cheaper than buying a new jack :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to Peugeot RCZ General