Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General First Time Buyer

First Time Buyer

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:35 pm
Sirens Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new car and have always loved coupes. I was looking for one with decent mileage as I'll be driving a solid 60 miles a day during the week for work. I came across the RCZ and fell in love (i'm sure I don't have to explain why!)

Now, bearing in mind I should be sensible and go for the diesel version due to the many miles, my question is this:

Does any version of the diesel come with sat nav? I've yet to find one. I know this isn't a deal breaker but would ideally not like to compromise :-)

Thanks so much,

Chris

Post Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:45 pm
RCZIain Senior Member

Kudos: 53
I've just moved from having diesels for the last 7/8 years.
My last was a 508 GT (a proper 2.2 GT, none of this small engine fannying)
Fast but not very economical. Unless driven like a granddad.

My 200 thp rcz is all but matching its economy. About 39mpg over the last 1000 miles. And that isn't babying it either.
I'm pleasantly surprised.

I just shipped from diesels before the merde hits le fan and they become worthless.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Post Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 pm
frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 75
Sirens wrote:
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new car and have always loved coupes. I was looking for one with decent mileage as I'll be driving a solid 60 miles a day during the week for work. I came across the RCZ and fell in love (i'm sure I don't have to explain why!)

Now, bearing in mind I should be sensible and go for the diesel version due to the many miles, my question is this:

Does any version of the diesel come with sat nav? I've yet to find one. I know this isn't a deal breaker but would ideally not like to compromise :-)

Thanks so much,

Chris

Yes the sat nav was option on all models. Just keep looking. I have it with the NG4.
I have the HDi and can't fault it in any way.
You will enjoy the good performance (ideal for quick overtaking), fuel economy and reliability.
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:26 pm
marinipersonal Senior Member

Kudos: 13
The HDI are more reliable. The THP, specially during the MK1 incarnation had their fair bit of issues, most of them solved already. The MK2 incarnation of the THP seems to be reliable. I've owned a DS3 2015 after the RCZ (long story, changed the RCZ for a Sportage, downsize for the DS3, Changed for a Golf and them a Leon FR 1.8) using the last version of the THP and had timing belt problems, solved under warranty. Never had such problem with the RCZ MK1. Funny. Personally, I don't like driving diesel. If I was in the market for a car to run for 3 years, on cheap fuel and exchange before the big bills, I would take a diesel, but in the actual scenario, no thanks.

Return to Peugeot RCZ General