Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Reliability of Peugeot RCZ

Reliability of Peugeot RCZ

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

How much do you spend annually for service?

0-200
60%
200-400
40%
400-600
No votes
600-1000
No votes
>1000
No votes

Total votes : 10

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 pm
blackeagle Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hello everyone,

I will soon move to the UK for my new job and will definitely need a new car. (will be driving 60 miles minimum a day)
After looking into all coupe options, I am now leaning towards RCZ over a TT or Scirocco.

So far, I have only driven German cars (almost all brands), Golf GTI being my last one.
I have had a good experience with these makes; high performance, smooth drive and most importantly very few technical issues which is quite important for me while lacking significantly in style.

My biggest concern is how reliable / robust RCZ is. At the end, I will buy a used car (2010-2012, 20-40k miles) and I do not want to spend too much time and money for technical issues and regret later.

To be honest people advise me against the make, Peugeot rather than the model as there is this perception Peugeot is not a reliable brand. RCZ also seems to get its lowest scores on reliability from the reviews I have read.
Can you please share your insights on this ? How reliable is the car, any major issues, how much time you spend at service etc.?

Thanks a lot in advance and looking forward to your thoughts ! :thumbup:

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:51 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 835
Had mine nearly 3 years, probably had fewer problems than any other car I've owned, & there have been quite a few :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 pm
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Kudos: 45
I can't comment on the RCZ as I've only owned it a month or so, but the Peugeot brand in general is extremely reliable from my experience.

I've owned almost ten over the years and never had problems other than regular maintenance. A few of them were also tracked without incident.

I'm hoping the RCZ carries on this experience for me.

As a comparison against German cars, based on the experience of a few friends and family in recent years with Golf GTIs and Audi's, I'd pick a Peugeot over a German for reliability any day.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 42
4 years and keep going
Nothing Except maintanance and tuning

More than 100hp plus and everything works Just perfect
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 am
Cuore Sportivo User avatar

Kudos: 67
Had 2 for 2 years with no problems at all.

1 new battery on one, and servicing is all we've spent on them in 2 years.

One will shortly be for sale and available to buy. :eusa-whistle:

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 am
SEVEN7SEV3N Senior Member

Kudos: 44
Hello, having had a Peugeot, of one sort or another, for many years. 106,306,308 sport. I've found them totally reliable. Having had my RCZ for almost 2 and a half years, I've only paid out for mot's and services. I own a 2011 163 Hdi. Just coming up to 40,000 miles.( only 9000 odd when bought) one issue I had was a temperature control in the wing mirror that had to be replaced. Apparently it controls the air con but the mechanic said he's not had one before. That was fixed under warranty. If you look after the car, it will look after you. My dad used to say. Never a truer would spoken. (If that's spelt correctly) In my own experience, Peugeot has been a great brand to own and wouldn't change my mine for any other. Hope this helps.

Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
If you are doing those miles you need the diesel which is virtually bullet proof. Diesel owners are very very happy with theirs.

I've owned 3 RCZs over the last 7 years and never had a day off the road. Mine were petrol engines too. 2 156THPs and more recently the R, which I recently sold.

You will love the RCZ. Great car to drive and great on longer drives.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Fri May 12, 2017 12:50 am
richard.au User avatar

Kudos: 52
Four and a half years, 60,000 kilometers, trouble free.
A couple of 'software' issues when in its new days, but close to perfect since then.
2012 THP 200
Pearl White
Grey FauxLeather
19" Onyx Solstice Wheels
Tyre Pressure Sensors
Xenon Directional Lighting
JBL Sound
8GB USB stick

Post Fri May 12, 2017 1:42 am
richard.au User avatar

Kudos: 52
Oh, that's a 200bhp 6 speed petrol.