Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Cosmos Indoor Cover

Cosmos Indoor Cover

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:00 pm
Flanners Regular
Regular

Kudos: 18
Was looking for an indoor cover found a review from AutoExpress for the Cosmos one which got 5*'s and priced at £43 in 2015, ordered one in Large in red for £39 delivered from Amazon. Just fitted it and very happy good fit not too tight and apparently breathable and will stop the dust etc. Well pleased.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 649
Any photos? I know Les (Verminator) has one for the grey lady, I could do with an outside cover but not convinced any are good enough not to Mark the paintwork, after a bad experience with a very expensive cover on a very expensive caravan a couple of years ago where the cover marked all the plastic windows!
Anyone got any recommendations?
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 am
Flanners Regular
Regular

I will get a snap later today on today hopefully. The cover subject is an emotive one, I have two modern classics outside now and hate the fact they are in the elements (especially the sun!) but I NEVER use an outdoor cover, Winter and Summer in the UK has big temp fluctuations with freeze/thaw conditions, winds, sun etc if the cover moves about even slightly it marks the paint/causes swirls, traps heat, water/moisture/ice next to the paint, can cause micro blistering (especially on re-sprayed panels) and increase rusting. The gumphf always says breathable but if you've got a jacket that says that you know breathable is just a term. Better to wash and wax, only time I may consider it if I had to park under trees permenently; to stop the bird shit destroying the clear coat.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:03 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Totally agree with that, I must admit the soft99 fusso coat I use does do a great job of stopping all the crap getting to the paintwork and after a good downpour it looks as though I’ve just washed it so I know nothing is sticking to the paint :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Flanners Regular
Regular

The green one is x10 the price! It is cotton mix heavyweight and protective but not worth the outlay, the Cosmos has a lovely feel and for a non-model specific is pretty good.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:24 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 315
LGN is tucked up in one of these, which is a bit snug in places, but the wind cannot get under it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382581056303

Note the cunning loops, which are wires with a hook one end and attached to the beam the other.
Instead of packing the cover away in its bag each time, I lazily hang the cover, scrunched up, over the car.
Takes moments to deploy or stow above.
Attachments
cover.jpg
cover.jpg (33.93 KiB) Viewed 269 times
loops.jpg
loops.jpg (42.36 KiB) Viewed 269 times
memories + imagination = dreams
Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Flanners wrote:

The green one is x10 the price! It is cotton mix heavyweight and protective but not worth the outlay, the Cosmos has a lovely feel and for a non-model specific is pretty good.

The green one does look good though but most of all where’s the Ducati? :D

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:04 pm
Flanners Regular
Regular

916SPS....I sold it...and the MV F4.....my dream bikes owned them for about 16 years and a succession of Japs, my VStrom went last Saturday. Giving up the bikes as I only rode in France/Germany touring and once or twice a year didn't make sense, I also want to be around for my daughter having had a bad one about 20yrs ago and survived I think I have had my fun for the last 27 years.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1198
Not sure if you’ve noticed, but there’s a suspicious looking really skinny bloke stood next to your Z :eusa-think: :wtf:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:10 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Flanners wrote:
916SPS....I sold it...and the MV F4.....my dream bikes owned them for about 16 years and a succession of Japs, my VStrom went last Saturday. Giving up the bikes as I only rode in France/Germany touring and once or twice a year didn't make sense, I also want to be around for my daughter having had a bad one about 20yrs ago and survived I think I have had my fun for the last 27 years.

Quality Bikes there and spookily very similar to my position at the moment had bikes since I was 16 and around 20 years ago had a big road accident which is starting to catch up with me now :roll:
Been considering letting my Gixer go having not ridden it in 2 years but you know what it’s like when you have bikes in your blood! :crazy:

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 315
neilgsxr69 wrote:
Flanners wrote:

Quality Bikes there and spookily very similar to my position at the moment had bikes since I was 16 and around 20 years ago had a big road accident which is starting to catch up with me now :roll:
Been considering letting my Gixer go having not ridden it in 2 years but you know what it’s like when you have bikes in your blood! :crazy:

I hung in there into my seventies with fast motors, but there comes a time when you have to let go, like when you find you can't get in or out of the bloody thing! :(
Attachments
readytogo.jpg
readytogo.jpg (78.35 KiB) Viewed 243 times
memories + imagination = dreams
Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

Return to Peugeot RCZ General