Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Fastest RCZ?

Fastest RCZ?

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:14 am
Pseud0nym Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
Lo Peeps,

Just wondering, excluding any professional cars such as GT and cup cars, whats the fastest modified RCZ have you come across, any 400bhp+?

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am
DanRo User avatar

Kudos: 236
You're joking I hope :?:

+400 BHP out of a 1.6L engine :shock: :eusa-think: :wtf: :lol:
Owner of a Black Perla RCZR

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am
Pseud0nym Regular
Regular

DanRo wrote:

Why would I be joking? A normally aspirated 1.6l might only manage 150-200bhp but with turbochargers and superchargers and various engine tuning options am sure someone has got there or at least close, I have seen a few Fiesta 1.6 ST's at 380 and 400bhp, F1 Cars double that although I don't think they count because they don't last very long.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Pseud0nym wrote:
DanRo wrote:

... F1 Cars double that although I don't think they count because they don't last very long.

F1 engines have two extra cylinders also.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:07 am
DanRo User avatar

Off course I the engine only needs to run the 1/4 you can have +500Bhp, but I don't you will find that engine in an RCZ.

The question was is there an +400BHP RCZ, to get that kind of power you have to spend 2 to 3 the value of an RCZ.

And if you have +400 BHP RCZ, it's still a front wheel driven car it can't put +400BHP to the road.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm
Pseud0nym Regular
Regular

DanRo wrote:
Off course I the engine only needs to run the 1/4 you can have +500Bhp, but I don't you will find that engine in an RCZ.

The question was is there an +400BHP RCZ, to get that kind of power you have to spend 2 to 3 the value of an RCZ.

And if you have +400 BHP RCZ, it's still a front wheel driven car it can't put +400BHP to the road.

The question was "whats the fastest modified RCZ you have come across" and "has anyone seen 400bhp+" Cost and application was your own contribution to which you have answered sufficiently, well done!

We are having a discussion on extravagant upgrades which may be worth considering over in viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12424 but If you want to try answering my question (and to get the topic back on track) you can say something like "my mate Dave got 220bhp out of his 156"

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:33 pm
DanRo User avatar

[/quote]If you want to try answering my question (and to get the topic back on track) you can say something like "my mate Dave got 220bhp out of his 156"[/quote]

The THP has a range from 156 to 272 BHP so offcourse 220 is possible, but I had a friend which also had 220bhp from a THP156 but that didn't last long the engine broke down completly.

So I think if you have a THP156 it's smatter and cheaper to sell it and to buy THP200 and give it a stage1 remap.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 63
In greece many thp engines have reached over 350ps (none of them is Rcz but many 207)

Have a look at this
https://youtu.be/nXSCrccJvj4

Of course it never managed to put All this power on the ground and never made any good time..
Last edited by ONLY AEK on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 205
My RCZ is the fastest.

in my street.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:37 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Fastest one I have personally come across was my old R :lol:

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Joske User avatar

Kudos: 58

Define fastest?

Laptime 2:15 @ Circuit Zolder (B)
Laptime 2:31 @ Circuitpark Zandvoort (NL)
Laptime 3:41 @ Spa-Francorchamps (B)

Complete stock HDi :mrgreen:

RCZ R should do close to 2minutes at Zolder.
- Peugeot RCZ HDi GT - Image
- Peugeot 309 GTi16
- Peugeot Partner 170C

Belgian Peugeot enthusiasts: http://www.peugeotforum.be

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1133
Royston to Newmiller Dam 6m 34s (when the cops aren’t around :law-policered: :auto-car: ) :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 268
Over 900 km of autobahns and B roads in under 6 hours incl fuel stops. That is fast :mrgreen:
Don't try this at home :wave:

My RCZ R did 167 MPH flat out. Power-wise I'm still on the stock engine.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:53 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 639
RCZ-R wrote:
Over 900 km of autobahns and B roads in under 6 hours incl fuel stops. That is fast :mrgreen:
Don't try this at home :wave:

quick question RCZ-R,

when you pass the 160mph mark on the speedo does the digital counter still increase, as there are no markings after 160mph on clock?

when you had the limiter taken off and the revs increase by 200rpm, did you not fancy remapping completely at this point?

cheers
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:09 pm
RCZ-R User avatar

Plecodoras wrote:
quick question RCZ-R,

when you pass the 160mph mark on the speedo does the digital counter still increase, as there are no markings after 160mph on clock?

when you had the limiter taken off and the revs increase by 200rpm, did you not fancy remapping completely at this point?

cheers

When you reach 155 MPH, both on the matrix display and on the speedo, both stop to move. The car still accelerates as you see the rev counter to advance. But the speedo stops completely. But there is a quirk on the matrix display. Following: when you go beyond the 254 kmh or 155 mph mark, and continue to accelerate, then suddenly you get that "shift-up-arrow" in the right upper corner of the matrix display. Like the car would tell you, hey, it is time to shift up. Into 7th gear :lol:
You don't get this software bug when you run against the 155 MPH limiter, as long as it is still operating. But after you remove it and go beyond the 155 mph mark, then suddenly you are treated with this shift-up signal.

Why I did not consider remapping? Cause in my opinion there was no capable tuning company around to do this properly. Most of them consider remapping as something for Sunday drivers. I mean, for occasional drivers where if you go for maximum for few seconds then it is OK. But I explained to them that I often push the car at flat out for a longer period (like recently where I was able to go non-stop at 140-150 MPH for 50 miles at night cause the autobahn was empty) and I need a reliable map. No one was able to deliver that. And I don't fancy errors and limp mode all the time just for few more ponies under the bonnet.

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 639
RCZ-R wrote:

So, and not hijacking this thread, how did you know you were doing 167mph flat out? was this a rolling road diagnosis / estimate?

Thanks, Any joy with de-coke yet?
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:16 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Plecodoras wrote:
RCZ-R wrote:

So, and not hijacking this thread, how did you know you were doing 167mph flat out? was this a rolling road diagnosis / estimate?

Thanks, Any joy with de-coke yet?

I had a GPS device running at the same time. I must have a screenshot of the result somewhere. Will check for it.

Decoke is set for coming week. We start with chemical treatment first. Then we will see if mechanical cleaning is required. I hope not cause this means costs, costs, costs.

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 am
Joske User avatar

Kudos: 58

For those who want to compare laptimes:
http://peugeotforum.be/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16581

Next Sunday July 22nd SUPER SUNDAY SUMMER EDITION @ Circuit ZOLDER (B)
Reservations: https://www.skylimitevents.com/section/ ... older.html

Almost sold out :auto-car:
- Peugeot RCZ HDi GT - Image
- Peugeot 309 GTi16
- Peugeot Partner 170C

Belgian Peugeot enthusiasts: http://www.peugeotforum.be

Return to Peugeot RCZ General