Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Trading In for 3008 SUV

Trading In for 3008 SUV

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 am
Dencole Regular
Regular

Kudos: 7
Hi All
April 2014 i picked up my RCZ as excited as new expectant father (i'm not a father). I have been driving it now for about 3.5 years. As much as i still love the drive and the look, its time for a change. So i have decided to trade it in for the new Peugeot 3008 SUV. Is there anyone else out there that has/have done the same thing? What do you think of this? I have test driven the 3008 and it is also a thing of beauty.

Cheers guys and girls.
Thank You
Love my RCZ

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:52 am
tony1968 User avatar

Kudos: 43
I still have my R but also have a 3008 SUV 2ltr BlueHDi GT Line.
Its a great car, absorbs bumps and handles well for its size, interior is a thing of beauty and its super practical with its huge boot and good rear seat room :)

Probably the best car Peugeot have produced to date :)

What engine/spec are you looking at?

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 am
ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 44
i agree that 3008 is a beautifull car

i even went to a dealer and talked about it, but still.... cant live without my rcz..
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:20 pm
RCZash User avatar

Kudos: 123
Hi
I find the middle seat in the rear very uncomfortable. Wouldn't be seating there myself very often but got to think of your passengers. ? :roll:
2012 Asphalt
2015 208 GTI Prestige

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:22 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 388
RCZash wrote:
Hi
I find the middle seat in the rear very uncomfortable. Wouldn't be seating there myself very often but got to think of your passengers. ? :roll:

If his passengers are used to sitting in the back of an RCZ though they'll think it's Christmas! lol

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:07 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Kudos: 46
2retro wrote:
RCZash wrote:
Hi

If his passengers are used to sitting in the back of an RCZ though they'll think it's Christmas! lol

I have a 5008, so my third row could sit in an RCZ boot! :crazy:
looking to buy an RCZ in the near future

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:02 pm
marinipersonal Senior Member

Kudos: 13
I've done the same move, but for a Sportage. Can't complaint about the Sportage, but it was nowhere pleasant as the RCZ to drive.
But the 3008 is nicier and better to drive, so should be a very nice experience.
If I was in the market for and SUV, I would buy one without looking back.
And when some website pro VAG cars says it's better than their sponsors, it most be very good.

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:51 am
Dencole Regular
Regular

Kudos: 7
Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies.

tony1968 - The 3008 SUV Model is the Allure with a 1.6 Auto petrol (My RCZ is also a 1.6 Auto Petrol). I'm adding a few extras to it- Grip control, Key less entry and roof bars. Also wanted the pull out floor to sit on but that wouldn't be available until November, didn't want to wait that long. Having to wait from 02nd June to September is bad enough.

Although i said i'm trading in my RCZ, i do have the option to sell it also, so if anyone knows anyone that is after an excellent example of a 2014 model, please let me know. Just under 18k on the clock.

Cheers guys.
Thank You
Love my RCZ

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:45 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 852
There are often people on here looking for an RCZ, you should make a thread under the for sale section and list your car stating model, colour, condition, options fitted, service history, any faults, etc etc.

If you offer it at a price a little bit higher than your part ex offer, both you and the buyer will benefit. :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:10 pm
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 150
Just recently I took my two girls (7 and 11) on a road trip in my RCZ R incl. vacations. They loved it (daddy, go faster! we have a sports car! no one is faster than us! etc etc) and they wouldn't swap it for a people carrier ever (their mum drives a diesel people carrier which they are not enthusiastic about).
I know, this is a useless piece of information for your decision. And for sure as a daily commuter with kids the RCZ is a no-go. But I'll never forget all of our summer road trips we did in the RCZ. Priceless. :greetings-wavingblue:
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:18 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1025

RCZ-R wrote:
Just recently I took my two girls (7 and 11) on a road trip in my RCZ R incl. vacations. They loved it (daddy, go faster! we have a sports car! no one is faster than us! etc etc) and they wouldn't swap it for a people carrier ever (their mum drives a diesel people carrier which they are not enthusiastic about).
I know, this is a useless piece of information for your decision. And for sure as a daily commuter with kids the RCZ is a no-go. But I'll never forget all of our summer road trips we did in the RCZ. Priceless. :greetings-wavingblue:

My daughter is the same! She much prefers to go in the "New fast car" to our daily 4 series Gran Coupe, even though she has a lot more room in the back of the 4!
Shes only two (nearly three), we havent done any long trips in it yet though.

Return to Peugeot RCZ General