Board index Peugeot RCZ Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews RCZ 200GT-LINE

RCZ 200GT-LINE

Latest RCZ News, Reviews and anything else relevant.

Post Thu May 14, 2015 9:20 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Kudos: 73
Were all going to die..DONT PANIC................. :helpme:
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Thu May 14, 2015 9:31 pm
stingray_dave Senior Member

Kudos: 19
But some of us aren't going to die in a cold and lonely place!
Mercury Grey Sport 200 THP
Corvette Stingray 77 383 "Stroker" 500BHP

Post Thu May 14, 2015 9:44 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 813
Personally, I think if the manufacturer, or even an individual finds a way of improving the looks of any of their models, I don't see the harm in it. :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu May 14, 2015 9:47 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

stingray_dave wrote:

Yes.but most of us dont live in Aberdeen, :D
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Thu May 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Wrapper while I fully appreciate that's aimed at a certain x RCZ owner who lives north of the border,,,, but it made me laugh!

Post Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

stingray_dave wrote:
again biggyrick and mrizzle I just think we have different takes on cool cars e.g. my vette has tuning parts I would bet you would have to google to know it even exists (harmonic balancer anyone?) which takes it up to circa 500BHP while retaining a totally stock exterior ie not a wrap or quad exhaust in sight
it doesn't mean I'm right or your wrong
I just still struggle with "look a like" cars and while I realise its a popular route for manufacturers to follow it doesn't mean I have to think its right or that I have to change my opinion that the people who drive them are a little sad!

I disagree again (though I am little unsure quite why I am being dragged into this). I think a lot of cars are awesome for a whole range of different reasons. It may be looks, it may be performance, it may be innovation. It depends on the car and I can appreciate a lot of different cars for a lot of different reasons. I understand that you have a classic Corvette (a car which I told you I have always thought cool when you first joined) but let's have a little look at what Corvette are doing with their styling today...

Notice anything? ;) Oh...and yup, I think that these are cool too.

Now, I'm being flippant and I'm honestly not baiting (although I actually do know exactly what a harmonic balancer does to reduce vibration...and nope I didn't even need Google, my Uncle builds hot rods in Houston in his spare time...genuinely) and I would genuinely love to learn more about some of the sleeper cars that you have built. However, I would argue that any mainstream production car is technically lookalike. Styling kits be it manufacturer approved or fitted are part of what personalises a car...admittedly they can be atrocious in my eyes but I don't think anyone should be shamed by wanting to make their car as visually appealing (to them) as they wish or their budget allows. Interested by your views though and I hope that my post doesn't sound antagonistic because I don't intend it to. It's sometimes hard to convey properly on a forum.

Oh...for the record, I currently have twin Remus exhausts...and I think that they're cool and I have absolutely no intentions to change them.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Thu May 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi mdrizzle I think we know each other well enough to know that a slight disagreement in outlook doesn't not mean we should spent the rest of our time on the forum throwing hand grenades at each other a good and well constructed post my man!

Post Thu May 14, 2015 10:16 pm
mrizzle User avatar

wrapper wrote:
stingray_dave wrote:

Yes.but most of us dont live in Aberdeen, :D

stingray_dave wrote:
Wrapper while I fully appreciate that's aimed at a certain x RCZ owner who lives north of the border,,,, but it made me laugh!

I laughed too. Gentlemen, I'm not easily offended and don't really get flustered by a bit of niggle.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Thu May 14, 2015 10:24 pm
mrizzle User avatar

stingray_dave wrote:
Hi mdrizzle I think we know each other well enough to know that a slight disagreement in outlook doesn't not mean we should spent the rest of our time on the forum throwing hand grenades at each other

Agreed and I welcome a difference of opinion and the opportunity to learn from others. Thank you for your decency. :clap:
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri May 15, 2015 7:35 am
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 376
mrizzle wrote:
stingray_dave wrote:
Hi mdrizzle I think we know each other well enough to know that a slight disagreement in outlook doesn't not mean we should spent the rest of our time on the forum throwing hand grenades at each other

Agreed and I welcome a difference of opinion and the opportunity to learn from others. Thank you for your decency. :clap:

Group hug? ;)

Post Fri May 15, 2015 8:22 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Goodnight JohnBoy :lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 am
stevebasshead User avatar

Kudos: 325
I'm giggling at the 'mdrizzle' bit :D :P

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:13 am
mrizzle User avatar

2retro wrote:
mrizzle wrote:
stingray_dave wrote:

Group hug? ;)

380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:14 am
stevebasshead User avatar

Kudos: 325
Love that pic!

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 am
mrizzle User avatar

stevebasshead wrote:
I'm giggling at the 'mdrizzle' bit :D :P

It was a good bit of word play to be fair. :lol:
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:28 am

I believe mdrizzle is what you scots have for weather up there on a daily basis!! :eusa-think:

Post Fri May 15, 2015 12:28 pm
mrizzle User avatar

stingray_dave wrote:
I believe mdrizzle is what you scots have for weather up there on a daily basis!! :eusa-think:

Generally yes but no sign of drizzle today for mrizzle! Be warned...this could mean that the world is coming to an end so do something good with your day! Image
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri May 15, 2015 1:46 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

I read somewhere that it only ever rains in Scotland on days ending in Y :eusa-whistle:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri May 15, 2015 3:48 pm
t110jim Senior Member

Yep only place you get four season in one day

Post Sat May 16, 2015 5:34 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

DKZ5745 wrote:
I read somewhere that it only ever rains in Scotland on days ending in Y :eusa-whistle:

56 People coming your way soon will disagree. :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews