Board index Peugeot RCZ Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews 208 GTi 30th Edition

208 GTi 30th Edition

Latest RCZ News, Reviews and anything else relevant.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:45 pm
captaintrips User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 6
So... what are the thoughts on the new 208 from the RCZ community?

http://www.leblogauto.com/wp-content/up ... 30th-2.jpg

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:54 pm
bigmac3161 User avatar

Kudos: 737
Does it come in that colour.
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:59 pm
captaintrips User avatar

Regular
Regular

Yep, that's the colour

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

I kind of like it. It's all a bit A-Team.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 pm
bigmac3161 User avatar

Kudos: 737
Is the front Matt black
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:54 pm
Tomas_90 User avatar

Kudos: 193
It looks alright. I testdrove a 208 GTi tho but i thought it was slower than my RCZ somehow.

I won't be buying one sadly.
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1019

bigmac3161 wrote:
Is the front Matt black

It is.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 813
It's a mighty fine looking thing, and I'm sure it's like sh*t off a shiny shovel, but it would be an RCZ every time for me :eusa-think:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (247.16 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:06 pm
Ade Sharpe User avatar

Kudos: 0
Only 100 of the 30th are coming to the UK in 3 colours 75 in red/matt black, 20 in red and 5 in white Pearl Effect. Number of guys I know have bought them, so a few already bought by collectors to be shut away!!!!
2010 RCZ GT (HDI) in Onyx Black
2008 207 XS Sport (THP 1.6 turbo) in Bianca White (only 400 made)
1992 205 CTI 1.9GTI (130hp) engine/brakes/lowered suspension in Metallic Atlantic Blue, full leather, electric hood - full restoration (mint)
1990 205 1.9 GTI (130hp) orignal factory standard in Cherry Red (mint)

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:50 am
John V6 Member

Kudos: 16
Not for me !!

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:49 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 141
I like it! Mainly because it is a reworked version of the standard 208 GTi. Reworked by the same guys who put their hands on my RCZ R. And the result is more than remarkable, especially when you compare an RCZ 200THP with the RCZ R. Not only the power but the handling of the car, the suspension, the brakes. Just the whole package. It is a big step up, not only cosmetic surgery.

So when they did the same magic to the 208, then it is on!
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 am
mrizzle User avatar

My main concern is, once again pricing. It's going to cost £21,995. A Fiesta ST is four grand cheaper and, if you get the Mountune version, likely to be a significantly better car.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 am
bazbaz Member

Kudos: 12
DKZ5745 wrote:
It's a mighty fine looking thing, and I'm sure it's like sh*t off a shiny shovel, but it would be an RCZ every time for me :eusa-think:

I'm thinking along the lines of that car magazine article a member posted on this forum. It's a car for tossers in the proposed colour schemes. Same goes for Fiesta ST with added kit. JMO ,but I'm always right and when wrong, I was right to be.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:40 pm
Tomas_90 User avatar

Kudos: 193
mrizzle wrote:
My main concern is, once again pricing. It's going to cost £21,995. A Fiesta ST is four grand cheaper and, if you get the Mountune version, likely to be a significantly better car.

Yes, this Peugeot pricing (in general) really boggles the mind... Where do they get these numbers from? They should have put the 208 below both the Fiesta ST and Renault Clio in price. I could bet my RCZ they would have doubled the sales.
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:01 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 813
:shock: I would never bet my RCZ on anything !!!!
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 295
Tomas_90 wrote:
mrizzle wrote:

Yes, this Peugeot pricing (in general) really boggles the mind... Where do they get these numbers from? They should have put the 208 below both the Fiesta ST and Renault Clio in price. I could bet my RCZ they would have doubled the sales.

Haven't Peugeot or PSA just had a cash influx from the chinese because they were getting into money troubles?

So this will be their way of recouping some more money!
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:07 pm
captaintrips User avatar

Regular
Regular

Right, reason I asked was because I was looking at chopping in the RCZ for one, but having seen & driven one, I won't be! :thumbup: I've just come back from the dealing and have concluded:

Good points:
- It's quick. Picks up really quickly.
- Looks great
- Has all the extras like sat nav/bluetooth etc
- Limited edition

Bad points:
- Price
- Peugeot WILL NOT drop a single penny on price for them
- Matt black paint... Getting a stone chip on that will be very expensive
- Same with door dings
- Insurance group is higher
- Felt like a downgrade from the RCZ... At the end of the day it's still a 208
- Interior is the same as the standard 208 but with 'red bits'

I can't justify taking one of these over the RCZ. The white model has silver wing mirrors, which don't look great (not seen the red version).

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:14 pm
mrizzle User avatar

bazbaz wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:

I'm thinking along the lines of that car magazine article a member posted on this forum. It's a car for tossers in the proposed colour schemes. Same goes for Fiesta ST with added kit. JMO ,but I'm always right and when wrong, I was right to be.

The ST is THE hot supermini to beat and, although I understand what you're getting at with it, it's a fantastic little car (particularly for a younger driver) and will give many cars something to worry about. They're rapid little things and the handling and fun factor is right up there.

Interesting to read your honest review captaintrips and thanks for sharing your findings/thoughts. :thumbup:
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:53 pm
bazbaz Member

Kudos: 12
mrizzle wrote:
bazbaz wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:

The ST is THE hot supermini to beat and, although I understand what you're getting at with it, it's a fantastic little car (particularly for a younger driver) and will give many cars something to worry about. They're rapid little things and the handling and fun factor is right up there.

Interesting to read your honest review captaintrips and thanks for sharing your findings/thoughts. :thumbup:

Majority of members are RCZ owners who may be looking at the car with interest as well as its competitors. RCZ owners past,present and future are all tossers according to the magazine, therefore a car for tossers.

Personally I would not recommend a hot supermini to any young driver for road use because when it goes wrong, it tends to go terribly wrong. I've seen a few (superminis) at tracks go down that route and that's within a relatively safe environment. Handling I can assure you is not right up there. Not even close. Not in real world conditions.

Then again everybody has the ability to find their own positives and negatives such as captaintrips. He seemed positive about the car in many aspects.

Post Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:40 pm
mrizzle User avatar

I'm not looking for a niggle here (honest!!) and I'm really genuinely enjoying all your posts but the new Fiesta ST is getting rave reviews across the motoring press with one of the standout features being its handling so I'm a little thrown by your remarks. (See http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/st-hatchback for one example).

However, as you say, inexperience and over confidence is a potentially lethal combination. I do sometimes feel that this is the case with track days however with drivers being seduced by the thrill of speed, the rush of adrenaline and the perceived safe environment. It's a recipe for disaster though of age/experience if the driver's skill is lacking/doesn't match their confidence. If a Nurburgring taxi driver can get it wrong then anyone can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... LdDciLMdv8

Anyway, all this aside, I appreciate the debate and respect your views. Life (and forums) would be boring if we all held the same taste and views. Right, I'm getting guilty of sidetracking this so back on topic...
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Next

Return to Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews