Board index Peugeot RCZ Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

New 2013 RCZ & 260BHP RCZ R details

Latest RCZ News, Reviews and anything else relevant.

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:22 am
bigmac3161 User avatar

Kudos: 738
Should have went the other road stripped everything out starting with the rear seat it's only for groceries any way. And a proper carbon fibre roof not extra weight by bolting it on top of original one. Less weight more power and the 0-62 time coulda been under 5 seconds more like it.
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1025

They should have done this without the stickers :)

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1400
What's the point of 0-60 in 5 seconds or anything around there? You get very little chance, if any, to drive that fast on today's roads. I think it's fast enough as it is.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line now and say that I LIKE the look of the RCZ R, especially in red. I think it looks stunning. And yes I even like the spoiler.

Remember when the facelifted Z was released, I remember many of you disliking the new model. Now many of you have changed your minds. Many even ordered one! The same comments are coming along about the R. The R - IS a great looking car. It's just different to what we are used to. I think all in all, it makes a nice package and makes the Scirocco R look very plain. Yes it is more expensive and certainly out of my price bracket. A second hand one would be the only way I would be able get my hands on one but then it will probably have been ragged by then.

One thing is for sure, the RCZ R will certainly stand out on the road :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 am
JWT User avatar

Kudos: 96
Not true Kerry. There are plenty of opportunities and clear road to get up to speed as quick as you can.

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 am
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
First it was 260 bhp,then 265, and now by all accounts its got 270 bhp bit of a difference there,these figures are for pub bragging rights,how a car drives and makes you feel whilst driving is what matters most,example the new fiesta ST had only 178 bhp the Clio Rs cup 197 bhp,the 208 gti 197bhp.The fiesta is a by far a better car than both its also cheaper by £2,000+ My point is just because its the most powerful road car, pug ever made to date, doesn't mean to say it will a great drivers car.

And Rcz1 the Roc R isn't really the competition here its the 2014 Audi TT .0-60 times are useless and rarely achieved by jo bloggs

and topping a car out at 155 mph or 240kph is iIegal in this country and on most car forums just by stating that you achieved these or anywhere near these speeds,normally comes with warnings then banned :eusa-think:
Last edited by jassyo06 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:35 am
Tomas_90 User avatar

Kudos: 193
Some new info, don't know if you've seen:

The RCZ R uses a new version of the 1.6-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder found in the standard RCZ. Given the sexy name of EP6CDTR, it sports a beefier twin-scroll turbocharger, as well as a racing-derived steel exhaust manifold. Forged pistons from Mahle Motorsports help tweak the RCZ R's compression ratio to 9.2:1, while the con rods and their bearings have been strengthened for greater durability.

The results speak for themselves. The 1.6-liter turbo four has jumped from 197 horsepower and 203 pound-feet of torque to 270 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque. Moreover, peak twist is available from 1,900 to 5,500 rpm. Taken as a whole, the RCZ R can hit 60 miles per hour in just 5.9 seconds, a 1.6-second improvement over the standard car. The top speed, meanwhile, has jumped to an electronically limited 155 mph. Adding to the sporty sensations of the new motor is Peugeot's Sound System, which basically pipes intake noise into the cabin, not unlike the Sound Symposer in the 2013 Ford Focus ST or similar technology in the Mazda MX-5 Miata.

Peugeot hasn't just worked under the hood on the RCZ R, it's also devoted a fair amount of time to revising its suspension. New dampers stiffen the ride, while a bigger anti-roll bar sorts out unnecessary side-to-side motions. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires wrap up a fresh set of 19-inch alloys in a cool two-tone design, while the stance is further set off by a 10-millimeter reduction in the RCZ R's ride height.

The Peugeot RCZ R will get its auto show circuit reveal at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show in September before hitting European showrooms in early 2014.
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:36 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1025

Im only negative because im jealous, if I could have one, I would, although, it wouldnt stay looking like that as much as mine now looks standard :wtf:

I think I might have a go at photoshopping my perfect RCZ R lol. Could even submit it to peugeot as a special edition :P

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:16 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 249

Lets all wait to see one on the road...I will like to see that too and then test it if you know what I mean ;)

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:47 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

RCZ-Performance wrote:
Lets all wait to see one on the road...I will like to see that too and then test it if you know what I mean ;)

I'd love to see yours directly tested against one!!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:33 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:37 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Crumbs...:shock::shock::shock: it CAN shift!! Well in Peugeot!!! :thumbup: Now...can you lend me one please?
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Me too please :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

Post Fri May 22, 2015 11:07 am
O Lusitanian User avatar

Kudos: 51
PLEASE DON'T CLICK THE LINK IN KD28 's post
I believe it is a virus.
Black RCZ Sport Hdi 163cv - Zunsport Quads - Philips X-treme Vision - 92 Red LED rears - De Lettered Rear
10% discount to members on Portuguese Villa
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/P2787.htm

Post Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 pm
mrizzle User avatar

I've ban hammered the user which will also remove any PMs, attachments and posts.
380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Sat May 23, 2015 7:33 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 388
mrizzle wrote:
I've ban hammered the user which will also remove any PMs, attachments and posts.

He'll be back! :|

Post Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 pm
mrizzle User avatar

380/360 led drls.
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

Post Sat May 23, 2015 8:19 pm
tocayo User avatar

Kudos: 53
O Lusitanian wrote:
PLEASE DON'T CLICK THE LINK IN KD28 's post
I believe it is a virus.

I thought that too as he was just posting links and nothing else in various topics, easy enough things to spot if you've been about the internet a while.

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:49 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 320
Bit of a bargain here!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10033292
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP R 2dr
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:46 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 852
Tested the water, OH wasn't even slightly interested. She said it's exactly the same as ours but white! I started explaining, but gave up when half way through she asked what I wanted for tea :wtf:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:05 pm
AndyLanson User avatar

Kudos: 43
DKZ5745 wrote:
Tested the water, OH wasn't even slightly interested. She said it's exactly the same as ours but white! I started explaining, but gave up when half way through she asked what I wanted for tea :wtf:

At least you tried.
Andrew Ryan: We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews