Board index Peugeot RCZ Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews No new performance Peugeots.

No new performance Peugeots.

Latest RCZ News, Reviews and anything else relevant.

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 847
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... uly-global

Disappointing news I think we can all agree :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:41 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 847
"But later on, and as a more successful and profitable global brand, Peugeot could return to the idea of a sports car. “When we do it, we will do it properly,” Imparato said. “Not with another RCZ, but with a car that can take the Nordschleife lap record.”

He added: “I really like the commitment of makers like Porsche to cars like this - and with Peugeot Sport, I believe we have the team to make such a car. It would be expensive, but so what? We could do it.”

So, if and when they do eventually get round to replacing the RCZ I won't be able to afford one, shame, they had the opportunity to continue to challenge the likes of Audi & VW, but seem to have decided to go more down the lines of the R8 rather than the TT.

I'm sure eventually there will be a fantastic very fast Peugeot, but I will have as much chance of owning one as I do an R8.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 am
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 150
Sounds like only SUVs to be offered for the next years. And maybe a boring, bland 508 to fit into the company car scheme.
For me it will be then goodbye to the Peugeot brand after owning just one car, the RCZ R. That is a pity because the design of any new Peugeot is beautiful and I'd love to stay a bit longer.
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:59 am
SilverGTi_6 User avatar

Kudos: 46
Excited about the Peugeot Sport weapon they alluded to though.

Return to Latest Peugeot RCZ News & Reviews