Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeotpedia emergency help please to operate boot release

emergency help please to operate boot release

"How to..." section with guides and info on common tasks and modifications etc.

topendtrev Newbie

Kudos: 1
My 2013 rcz gt was set on fire / burned last night in the drive way.
The boot catch will not operate because the electrics / engine bay is destroyed ; is there a manual boot release so I can retrieve personal items before tow truck takes it away.
Yes I am completely gutted words fail me,
Trevor

TAC User avatar

Kudos: 94
I don't think there is but I maybe wrong, maybe phone your insurance company up explain the problem and see if you can use a crowbar to gain entry through either the boot or the back seat.
Moroccan Red R
Black Mirror Caps
Limo rear quarter and back Tinted Windows
G3 Glass Coat
BlackVue DR750LW-2CH Front & Rear Dashcam
Personal number plate
0 Satellites visible

stevebasshead User avatar

Kudos: 326
Nightmare! Was it deliberate? Hope you get sorted quickly.

I don't know of a manual override (I take it you've rang a Peugeot dealer?) but another thing to try is remove the rear head restraints (they pop off) and see if you can get to the cable that releases the rear seat back so you can fold it down and access the boot that way. I don't know if removing the rear head restraints will give you access, but it's worth a look, I just remember mine coming off accidentally and I *think* there may be a hole through which you can see the red handle or at least get to the cable.

RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1474
Was this the car from Ireland ?
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
RCZ1 wrote:
Was this the car from Ireland ?

what did you hear?
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Paul Hield Newbie

Kudos: 0
Yes you can release the fold down rear seat back by removing the rear head restraint and then hooking your finger round the bowden cable from the lever in the boot that releases the rear seat. I was glad to find this after my friend locked his wallet, passport and wife's handbag in his Jaguar XJS boot for several days while on holiday.

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 368
You might be able to remove the grille and get to the cable or release the head rest to be able to get your hand in to the boot area.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Return to Peugeotpedia