Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeotpedia RCZ and RCZ 'R' Door Courtesy Lights

RCZ and RCZ 'R' Door Courtesy Lights

"How to..." section with guides and info on common tasks and modifications etc.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3760
Kudos: 1137
Location: Yorkshire
Boot?

Tell us more Chris......
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:33 am
tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1783
Kudos: 375
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Do this make it a bit clearer?Image

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:59 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3760
Kudos: 1137
Location: Yorkshire
Still thinking boot :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1316
Kudos: 647
Location: North Yorks
DKZ5745 wrote:
Still thinking boot :eusa-think:


Your right DKZ !!

You can see the right hand side arm for the boot. Gotta be in the boot.

That's a cracking idea Chris :thumbup:

Now I'm sure it will be repeated here.
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:48 am
tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1783
Kudos: 375
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Yes its in the boot.
The light is a little hard for the camera to pick up, so I put a cushion in and took the picture.
You can see the door light in the picture as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

Plecodoras wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:
Still thinking boot :eusa-think:


Now I'm sure it will be repeated here.


I have not problem with more wanting to put the lights in other places as well as the door. For instance the boot has two lights, each footwell has one, and the glove box another :clap: :thumbup: :dance: :beer:

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 pm
Woodso Regular
Regular

Posts: 24
Kudos: 13
I didn't realise that there are two lights in the boot as I had only seen the one on the side, and had replaced that one along with the other light's, when I changed the bulbs to blue LED's. I only picked it up last night in the dark when I was putting some gear in the boot and saw a white light shining down from below the shelf. Changed the bulb tonight when I came home from work and it was only a 5 min job.

The glove box light has the slot facing the back of the glove box so it is difficult to get a terminal screwdriver in it due to the lack of space. I do however have a little tool with a hook on it which I placed in the slot and with a little yank, out it popped. All the other's are easily removed. The only bulbs not changed in the interior are the two map lights on the ceiling, as if I turn them, on I will do so to read something, so a white light is best The middle one I changed to a blue led and it all looks a treat.

Post Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:06 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1316
Kudos: 647
Location: North Yorks
Got mine in and they look fab, excuse the paper couldn't see on my grass....

Image

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:46 pm
Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 63
Kudos: 13
Location: Wishaw
You can choose from 'RCZ' or 'R' designs:

Image

Image

As seen here you get 2 x lens units:

Image

NO drilling required and no wiring changes either. Simply remove the factory lens assembly from underneath the door using a small flat head screwdriver (one end of the lens is used for removal and easily pops-out), disconnect factory wire connector from the lens, connect the factory wire connector to the new lens, pop back in the new lens, and enjoy. They come marked for Left and Right side to help with identifying which door to put them in based upon the orientation of the logo.

You can order directly from us using the below links, and remember you cannot find these anywhere else:

RCZ
http://shop.rczperformance.com/product.sc?productId=246&categoryId=196

RCZ 'R':
http://shop.rczperformance.com/product.sc?productId=247&categoryId=209

If we have none in stock we are taking back orders and we highly suggest you take advantage of that.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.[/quote]


Hey buddy, I just got round to fitting these and I have to say that the effect is awesome. One thing that bothers me is the passenger side is a tad askew. I know it isn't a big deal but it really annoys me. I have attached the passengers side and drivers side as a comparison. What's your thoughts?

Drivers side.JPG
Drivers side.JPG (55.2 KiB) Viewed 13612 times
Passenger side.JPG
Passenger side.JPG (63.37 KiB) Viewed 13612 times
[quote="RCZ-Performance"]Street Performance UK (aka RCZ Performance) has exclusive rights to bring you 'RCZ' and RCZ 'R' Logo Projection Door Courtesy Lights'.

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:09 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3760
Kudos: 1137
Location: Yorkshire
If you take the lamp back out of the door but leave it connected, looking at the sides of the light fitting, one side has a hole, using your finger or cotton bud or similar, you can move the film round so that it lines up as you want. Re-fit into door & Bob’s your Pilates instructor :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:40 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

Helmski wrote:
Hey buddy, I just got round to fitting these and I have to say that the effect is awesome. One thing that bothers me is the passenger side is a tad askew. I know it isn't a big deal but it really annoys me. I have attached the passengers side and drivers side as a comparison. What's your thoughts?


DKZ5745 wrote:
If you take the lamp back out of the door but leave it connected, looking at the sides of the light fitting, one side has a hole, using your finger or cotton bud or similar, you can move the film round so that it lines up as you want. Re-fit into door & Bob’s your Pilates instructor :thumbup:


As stated by DKZ5745, the barrel that the film is in can be rotated to your liking by using say a small screwdriver or similar and accessing the barrel (black) from the opening on the side of the lamp assembly.

If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Steven

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:14 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3760
Kudos: 1137
Location: Yorkshire
Oooo, 1111 Kudos, thanks Steven :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm
Nemi User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 193
Kudos: 57
Location: Lithuania
I will fit mine on weekend :eusa-whistle:

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 pm
Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 63
Kudos: 13
Location: Wishaw
I went and dropped the fucker and it smashed into pieces. Do you still have any left?

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 pm
Helmski Member
Member

Posts: 63
Kudos: 13
Location: Wishaw
RCZ-Performance wrote:
Helmski wrote:
Hey buddy, I just got round to fitting these and I have to say that the effect is awesome. One thing that bothers me is the passenger side is a tad askew. I know it isn't a big deal but it really annoys me. I have attached the passengers side and drivers side as a comparison. What's your thoughts?


DKZ5745 wrote:
If you take the lamp back out of the door but leave it connected, looking at the sides of the light fitting, one side has a hole, using your finger or cotton bud or similar, you can move the film round so that it lines up as you want. Re-fit into door & Bob’s your Pilates instructor :thumbup:


As stated by DKZ5745, the barrel that the film is in can be rotated to your liking by using say a small screwdriver or similar and accessing the barrel (black) from the opening on the side of the lamp assembly.

If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Steven


I went and dropped the fucker and it smashed into pieces. Do you still have any left?

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:08 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

Helmski wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
Helmski wrote:
Hey buddy, I just got round to fitting these and I have to say that the effect is awesome. One thing that bothers me is the passenger side is a tad askew. I know it isn't a big deal but it really annoys me. I have attached the passengers side and drivers side as a comparison. What's your thoughts?


DKZ5745 wrote:
If you take the lamp back out of the door but leave it connected, looking at the sides of the light fitting, one side has a hole, using your finger or cotton bud or similar, you can move the film round so that it lines up as you want. Re-fit into door & Bob’s your Pilates instructor :thumbup:


As stated by DKZ5745, the barrel that the film is in can be rotated to your liking by using say a small screwdriver or similar and accessing the barrel (black) from the opening on the side of the lamp assembly.

If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Steven


I went and dropped the fucker and it smashed into pieces. Do you still have any left?


Contact me via PM about this and I will sort it out for you :thumbup:

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:21 am
mick200gt Regular
Regular

Posts: 41
Kudos: 14
Location: castleford west yorkshire
Fitted mine this morning well pleased with them ,thanks steve

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:46 pm
Nemi User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 193
Kudos: 57
Location: Lithuania
I am happy with the result Image

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:20 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

The 'RCZ' Door Courtesy Lights are back in stock !!!

For more information use this link to the shop on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/RCZPerformance/shop/?rid=160816374040430&rt=39

For ordering you can follow the instructions in the link for the lights or by messaging me direct (PM) through this forum or sending me an email at [email protected]

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Previous

Return to Peugeotpedia