Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeotpedia How to: fit a Footrest

How to: fit a Footrest

"How to..." section with guides and info on common tasks and modifications etc.

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 pm
mistral_blue Senior Member

Kudos: 84
FITTING TIME: 10 MINS

REQUIRED: Masking tape, Drill, 3mm metal drill, star drive head for screwdriver/drill (see note 5)

1) Order your Footrest from RCZPERFORMANCE

2) Throw away the instructions that come with it (they are useless and the template appears to be for another car - prob 308?)

3) Using masking tape, position the footrest where you want it. I positioned it so it was about 5mm from the base of the carpet footrest and slightly to the right at the top (so I could get the drill in to the top left hole - others are easy to access). Note from the image how I positioned the holes, again to allow me to get the drill in (if you have it the other way up you will struggle with the top left unless you have a slim drill)

4) Carefully, using a 3mm metal drill, drill holes through the carpet/metal (there's not much material to go through so don't push too hard!)

5) Note that the screws have a special hex/star head on (I suspect it is the same as those used to secure the pedals so have a look if you have something that will fit these before you order - can highly recommend getting yourself a SECURITY BIT SET as they are MEGA handy, or you'll be disappointed when it comes to fitting!). Tighten using hand tools or drill/screwdriver on a low screw torque setting (or you will distort the alloy plate). It needs to be tight enough to be secure when wiggled by hand, but don't go MENTAL!

If you found this guide useful, please give it a LIKE! :thumbup:
Last edited by mistral_blue on Sun May 11, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:48 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

Good post :D

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:08 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Mine came. And Ive fitted it. It took less than 5 minutes :D

I fitted mine "upside down" because I preferred the screws to be on the left :)

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:33 pm
mason5465sharon09 Senior Member

Kudos: 216
Abz my OH has fitted mine yesterday & done it the same way as you looks cool well pleased :thumbup:

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:57 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

It does look good. Another one of those little touches. Im considering putting another one on the other side.

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Abzynthe wrote:
It does look good. Another one of those little touches. Im considering putting another one on the other side.

Not a bad idea but don't want to make the other half to comfortable in the passenger seat :D

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:01 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Haha!
No, I meant on the other side on the drivers side. For when Im using cruise control, I find that I put my other foot on the bit of carpet next to the pedal.

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Ahhh sorry lol good idea.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:48 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Kudos: 261

Here is the link to the foot rest (fits all RH drive RCZ's including the RCZ R):

http://shop.rczperformance.com/product.sc?productId=63

Return to Peugeotpedia