Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeotpedia How to: Requests

How to: Requests

"How to..." section with guides and info on common tasks and modifications etc.

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:07 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1019

Welcome to our new Peugeotpedia™ section.

This section is for "How to" and helpful tips threads.

If you have any How tos or helpful tips, please feel free to post them in this section.
If you would like to request a How to, then please post in this thread so that we don't get confused.
Please bare in mind that requests may take some time to be answered.

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am
Fosters31 User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 13
Hi. I would like to know how to replace reversing and rear fog light RCZ R. The instructions in the users guide don't match.

Thank You
R

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Could you take a picture of the cluster from underneath? If its the same as a normal one I can do a how to :)

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 pm
mistral_blue Senior Member

Kudos: 82
Thanks for implementing this guys, I appreciate it (as I'm sure others will too!) :thumbup: Will try and contribute a bit more when I have some more bits to fit!
Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 200 GT - Zunsport Quads, Footrest, Boot Tray, Phillips +100% H7s, K&N Panel filter
Jaguar XKR 4.0 (modified >400BHP)

Skoda Octavia 2.0 vRS Estate

Looking for the RCZ Workshop Manual? See HERE & HERE | Link to Weekly checks & Interim Service guide HERE

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 am
Abzynthe User avatar

I dont suppose anyone has a how to, or helpful tips for changing brake pads? The RCZ looks like is has more clips than my old 206 :?

Post Wed May 14, 2014 11:02 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 295
I am interested in supporting the rear of the RCZ when I have jacked the car up.

Peugeot main dealer and other garages are reluctant to put my car on a four poster and allow me to look underneath to see where I can locate an axle stand in a structurally safe manner.

What the main dealers and other garages have said is :-
This is the jacking point (which I already know as its in the manual) and (they are showing me whilst the vehicle is on the floor) this is the only place you can jack up on as this is where it has been designed to be jacked up at.

When asked "So to make the vehicle secure, where can I place the axle stand?"

Their reply is "This is the only structural point and we don't have any problems as we use a 2 post lift"

My reply "So I have to jack the car up, removed the jack and place an axle stand in the same place!"

I cannot see under neath the rear of my car as I don't want to cause any damage to the jacking point/sill which have been reported elsewhere in this forum.

A requests has also gone to Peugeot Headquarters, but I'll have to wait to see if they come back with something sensible or say to go to the main dealer.

-------------------------- Addition -------------------------- 14/05/2014 11:45pm
Peugeot still do not have any idea, so persuaded them to get me back to the main dealer, to put it up on a ramp and take photos of the underneath, send them back to Peugeot HQ UK, so the technical group can clearly point to the areas of good structural support.

Hopefully when completed I will make the material available for forum use.
Last edited by tianorth on Wed May 14, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed May 14, 2014 11:27 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Unfortunately, I havent found a safe place to put axle stands either :( The only safe way that I have found would be to jack up both sides with trolley jacks.

Post Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 am
Abzynthe User avatar

I have found the below thread though.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6180

Post Wed May 14, 2014 11:46 am
pete.garratt Senior Member

Kudos: 140
At the rear, I've had no issue placing axle stands under the rear axle tube.

Similarly, I've never had issues placing axle stands under the sub-frame at the front.
Moroccan Red R
JBL
Black Mirror Caps

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:22 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 295
tianorth wrote:
I am interested in supporting the rear of the RCZ when I have jacked the car up.

-------------------------- Addition -------------------------- 14/05/2014 11:45pm
Peugeot still do not have any idea, so persuaded them to get me back to the main dealer, to put it up on a ramp and take photos of the underneath, send them back to Peugeot HQ UK, so the technical group can clearly point to the areas of good structural support.

Hopefully when completed I will make the material available for forum use.

-------------------------- Update -------------------------- 11/06/2014
I contacted Peugeot HQ to get conformation of how to support the rear of the vehicle with axle stands once the vehicle has been jacked up.
Peugeot HQ technical department are not willing to give an answer (or to mark up the picture I supplied) and Peugeot HQ UK will not get in touch with PSA or the RCZ design team for them to give an answer.

Peugeot - with reference to this thread and to another thread "Dangers in Jacking up RCZ" people need to know this information because now and several years down the line when people buy a "used" RCZ they don't want to take it to a garage to get small things done what can be done by themselves.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:29 pm
gatt767 Senior Member

Kudos: 12
Hi I need to know how to replace the mirrors with the carbon fiber one supplied by peugeot. Is it difficult?

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:34 pm
Rt25 Regular
Regular

Kudos: 6
If it fits, remove the wheel and put a stand under the hub...the disc won't fall off, and the weight is always on the hub...anyways, does anybody know how to remove the metal arches? Any how tos on the go?? Have wrapped one, but it's hard to get the edges under the seal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcz gt 156 thp
Feline kit
Gumballed up!!

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:34 am
Rt25 Regular
Regular

I've taken arches off...anybody want a how to?? It's not hard, great for wrapping them, takes 15 mins to get them off. Any takers?

Rcz gt 156 thp
Feline kit
Gumballed up!!

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:27 am
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 890
Rt25 wrote:
I've taken arches off...anybody want a how to?? It's not hard, great for wrapping them, takes 15 mins to get them off. Any takers?

Absolutely. we want to know, in as much detail as you can manage. :clap:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:49 pm
Rt25 Regular
Regular

Pull down the seal around the door, this will reveal a row of torx screws, remove these. Lift the bonnet, and remove the seal around the scuttle panel. Remove the two torx screws at either end, and bend this back slightly to reveal two large torx screws . Remove these. Lift the rear of the arch first, and work towards the front, gently pulling the arch away from the body and out of the clips along the way, be careful not to pull too far along. Once the arch comes loose, pull the arch towards the rear of the vehicle. Gaze in awe at the lovely corroded arch which you now hold in your hands!!

Rcz gt 156 thp
Feline kit
Gumballed up!!

Post Sat May 06, 2017 4:45 pm
scimitargtc Regular
Regular

Kudos: 0
ok - 2010 156 auto - changing crankshaft position sensor (thought it was fuel pump but apparently not!) - no problem but how do you reset the fuel adaptive values? have a sealey a619 oebd reader and a lexia/diagbox (which i can;t currently access as its with a friend)............

Return to Peugeotpedia