Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Hello from New Zealand

Hello from New Zealand

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:34 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
Car is all fixed now, fuel pump was fixed under good will and they also said there was a campaign going on right now to replace a engine sensor (if I remember correctly) to fix a oil leak issue.

On the way home I convinced the wife to stop into the wrap shop and look at getting the arches sorted to... Just waiting for a quote but we are looking at a Avery Supreme Matte Brown Metallic color... This color...

For the arches, the top chrome strip, and the U under the lion logo. The Lions and the bottom two strips to be done in a satin black.

Just need to figure out how to remove the U now...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:56 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1076
I think the arches would look pretty good in that colour, it's a bit similar to the champagne colour on the original RCZ concept car.
I have the black pack, so the horizontal bars on my grill and the Peugeot name are all black.

Great news on the repair though. Hope that's the end of your issues, and let's see some pictures when the wrap is complete :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:02 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 370
that champagne colour was actually available to order post concept car. one of the forum members here had it on his pearl white. looked really good and quite subtle too.
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:05 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

The first picture of an RCZ I ever saw had that colour. I liked it. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that the production models all seemed to have either silver or black. But I'm happy with my black arches anyway.
Let's face it, the car is such a good shape, almost any colour would like great. :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:23 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

The guy at the wrap shop was in love with the car and the bubble back window.

Yeah the wife loved the concept colors of the rczr but I don't thing we will splash out for the satin black wrap of the car.

We need to see what the cost will be as she's off to Japan for a holiday with friends soon so she's saving cash for that also.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:22 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

So we had a coil pack fail, and while it was I getting fixed Peugeot noted that the turbo coolent pump had a permanent failure code... I questioned this as we previously had it fail and it was just a sensor. They where adamant that if was the pump this time... Strange there was no warning lights or faults I could read on my obd2 sensor.

We had to wait a week for the part from Aussie, and a second coil pack failed during their road test... So all where replaced.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

So the wife has been complaining about crappy sound in her rcz with the jbl sound system.

Contacted the local dc audio guy (Andrew - http://dc-tech.co.nz) and he suggested I get the Stringer Roadkill pack: http://stingerelectronics.com/catalog/s ... ill/RKX36B

Managed to get one door done so far... Haha took a weeee bit longer than I was expecting... But here we go....

Got the door panel off and started laying

Filled in the big gap with some nice thick strong cardboard, only to find that the arm rest of the door card does protrude into the gab a bit and after the following photos had to cut part of the cardboard away.

I broke a bunch of the white plastic clips, so I need to get a bunch more of them before I can put the door back together properly.

Tested the sound with one door done, and the sound difference between the two doors is staggering. The sound is a lot tighter and the door doesn't rattle or vibrate at all! We put some rather bass heavy (Pitch Black's new album - NZ Electronica band - pitchblack.co.nz) and faded it solely to the front and then moved it left to right to test the doors and it's OMG different... No rattles! Sound is soo much nicer...

I'd highly recommend it to everyone.

Next up is the other door and the rear of the car. I'm also going to sound deadened the boot to cut down the road noise and put some carpet underlay against boot floor also to help.

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:30 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Right so managed to get a video of the rattles that drove my wife nuts. The right side had not been deadened yet - sorry about the dark screen didn't realise the light was on - the sound was fully faded to the front:
https://youtu.be/E-FIpzPxgbo

The low end doesn't really come through on the phone that well, but this is a link to the song: https://m.soundcloud.com/pitchblacknz/p ... -dub-smoke

The below photos are to show the slot needed for the arm rest:

The doors took about 3 to 3.5 hours each to do but the results are stunning. Soo soo worth it.

I needed to get a few trim clips from Peugeot as I broke a few. I'm going to jump on aliexpress and order a bunch as it's so much cheaper. I got 50 for my Volvo for $6 usd with free shipping to NZ.

Paper cones on the jbl speakers.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:04 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

And it continues...

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:37 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Finally got it all done. I would say it's taken me about 16 or so hours to get the car done.

Gotta say that it's sounding amazing! Zero distortion, solid sounding, full volume is no issue.

Highly highly recommended!

Random photos for others information:

Ohms:
Rear woofer: 2.4
Rear tweeter: 3.4

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:29 am
DanRo User avatar

Kudos: 221
Nice plans with the car :thumbup:
Owner of a Black Perla RCZR

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:47 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Sooooo much work. You are braver than me. If I tried that, I would end up with a very expensive jigsaw spread all over my drive, with no picture to help put it together.

Glad you are happy with the results.

My eldest son & his girlfriend are on their way to NZ. They went to Hong Kong for the New Year, & last I heard they were in Brisbane. They intend touring NZ for quite some time, then on to South America for a few months. I will tell him to look out for a Z with an awesome sound system. :D
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:01 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Update on that one, He just messaged me to say he has arrived in Auckland :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:18 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

Oh nice, prefect time for them to be travelling here. Where are they travelling to?

It wasn't that bad actually, the biggest time was actually cutting and laying the sound deadening. The removal of the interior was probably 20min for the rear.

I'll see about creating a guide to remove it all later. The biggest thing is pulling the panels off as those clips hold them in place pretty well, you need to really give them a ohhhh it so feels like I'm about to break them pull at times.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:42 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

The trim clips I got from Peugeot where $2.50 nzd each...

I've just ordered 50 from AliExpress for about $11 nzd...

50pcs Interior Door Panel Card Trim Clips for Peugeot 207 807 for Citroen C2 C8 C3 C4 Picasso
http://s.aliexpress.com/aYfQziqQ

I'll let you know how they compare when I get them in 2 weeks or so.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:32 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

It's that point (I think I'm about to break this) where I usually decide it's probably not a good idea after all.

Not sure where they intend travelling, he lives in London with his girlfriend, so I'm a few hours away - I see him a few times a year, but I don't know his detailed plans.

I know he was going to Hong King for the New Year celebrations, then onto NZ via Oz. He said he was staying in NZ a while, touring, then onto South America - he mentioned Columbia, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, not really sure exactly where or when, he is away for @ another 4 months.

Did you ever get the wrap done? If so, let's have some pics when you get chance. :beer:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:13 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Oh sweet it's a nice time of the year for them to be here. Sounds like an epic holiday!

Hopefully they have a great time.

So had the proving test for the sound deadening today with a 40 min drive to a historic pub north of Auckland. The road noise has been cut down by 2/3'ds or so, and the stereo is so so much better. There is still a lot of booming mid-range, so I will be adding a sub to the car at a later date. I'll just hook into the rear speaker signal and put that into the high level inputs of a new amp.

I've just added a cheap amp / 10 inch sub (tube box) all in one unit into my v50 and it's added a lot to the low end. I'd probably look at a 12 inch sub for the rcz as there is more space. But I'll need to figure out how to get the cable through the firewall.

After the road test, I would say DO IT to anyone wanting better sound or less road noise.

Post Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Because you know I haven't done enough to the Wife's car this week I decided to give it a nice wash... Nothing fancy just a wash and a spray wax, but it came out pretty nice.

Also she's a big fan of Invader Zim, so got her a decal of one of the characters GIR riding a pig (if you know the series it makes sense.).

I think that's gonna be all for a while as I'm back to work tomorrow... Whooooohhhoooo.

Post Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:40 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 364
Now I've been pointed in the right direction!!! (Thanks RCZASH).

DRTDVL can you help me on this?

Question for those who have done this - removal of the rear seat back.

The bit that folds down when you pull the red lever in the boot.

I am wanting to temporarily remove this at some point to be able to put larger items in the boot.

Is it just lift out or are there bolts?

If bolts how do you get to them?

Don't want to take seat base out, but put seat back on base with headrests in boot, (leather to leather).

Can't put the seat back down as front seats are too far back for it to go flat.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:25 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Usually I put the front seats forward, drop the back seat and the put the fronts back as far as they will go.

It's a lot easier to deal with the slightly cramped drive than remove that rear seat.

The bottom just pulls off, you need to use a bit of force to get it tho.

To remove the rear seat bit that folds down you need to remove the leather side panels on either side of the seat that folds down. Once these have been removed you can unbolt the seat back from the car. The panel clips into the red circled area. Image

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies