Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Hello from New Zealand

Hello from New Zealand

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:23 pm
DarloBlack User avatar

Kudos: 16
That is pretty much what I plan for mine, shame they never released any limted editions in that colour scheme. Still umming and ahhing about the rear badges but the lions I plan to bronze also.

Also thinking about hollowing out the Peugeot wording on the front and putting translucent white perspex behind it with LEDs but I'm worried about resale at a later date (and I'm crap at that kind of thing so finding a shop who are willing to do it for me could be difficult)
Gaz
Black Magnetic
HDi 163

Post Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:54 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Kudos: 43
I've been talking to a few people about it and maybe plasti dipping it first to see how it will come out.

Base black the a bronze metalizier

We have a fun car rally this weekend so started applying the stickers for it... Sorry about the bad cellphone photos :

Post Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:59 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Hmmmm was thinking I've got half a can of plasti-dipped from my Volvo grill. I might dip the U tomorrow night.

Post Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:52 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 371
If one must park their Z in an underground car park, it is only right that they take up more than one parking space :beer:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

Haha 9pm at work putting the stickers on. No one will care, the lights did go out once while we putting them on. Haha.

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:04 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Plasti-dipped the U and pvc tapped the lower two chrome strips but ran out of time for the 3rd one.

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:30 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

2 days, 1100km, 3 tanks of fuel, awesome fun run... Brakes might have got a working out...

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:20 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1051

You can see the brakes were working by you front wheel :lol:

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:35 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Ezlip thingmabobb fitted....

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

The lower mount has gotten very soft and is starting to piss me off, I'm going to look at see what other mounts will fit and if there is an upgrated mount for the car, otherwise I'm just going to get a solid urethane mount made.

We have also fitted 25w (5x5w) red cree led brake lights and have some 50w cree led front driving lights coming also.

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:20 am
DRTDVL Senior Member

Surprised the wife and got get get cleaned by some friends that run a high end detailing shop. Had a couple dents removed for her also which truly upset her (supermarket door dents)

The ezlip tape failed so we had to take that off, I've got some bear double sided tape to reattach it with on the weekend.

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:13 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Stunning!! :thumbup: What an amazing job they've done there!!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:21 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 371
Very nice indeed :clap:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:41 am
Tomas_90 User avatar

Kudos: 193
That one cleaned up very good! :)
Peugeot RCZ THP 200 -11
Pearl White
JBL HiFi Pack
Bi-Xenon - Blue Vision Ultra - LED DRL's
19" Sortilége Mat Black Onyx (Summer)
18" Peugeot Original - Terrific (Winter)
Black Calipers

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:58 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
Hi DRTDVL,

Your car looks stunning! You don't mess about pal!
Sounds like you could run a weekly feature on your upgrades! :lol: :lol:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:50 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1077
If you were a tiny bit closer, I reckon I'd let them have a crack at mine having seen your results. Stunning ! :clap: :dance:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

And then we had rain all weekend so I need another wash... Haha.

We have a lot of things we want to do the car, but other priorities at the moment. I need to get the 205 running again!

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:54 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

Haven't done to much to the car recently but had a few issues yesterday.

The bear tape for the ezlip failed and I had to tear it off, so I might look at something more permanent to fix it to the the car as the wife loves the look.

On the more serious note, was pulling onto the motorway yesterday and the car hesitated badly and then about 100m later ENGINE FAULY BLAH BLAH BLAH warning light and I lost all power to the car. Ended up having to pull over to the side of the motorway and shut the car down, wait 30 seconds and it started back up. Dropped it off to the local Peugeot dealership (great service!) and they dropped me home, called them today and they said they fuel pump failed and the pressure is all over the show. The car is a 2011 so out of warranty but they (on their own accord) are trying for a goodwill replacement... They will let us know later today what's happening.

I'm glad it was me driving and not the wife as she would have freaked the f out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:19 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1077
Sounds like your dealers could show the ones here in the UK a thing or two on customer service.
Over here they try to get out of doing repairs that ARE covered by warranty, let alone trying to get out of warranty faults done for free. :o
Hope you get it sorted, let us know how you got on with the dealer :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:53 pm
DRTDVL Senior Member

It's just the one service department on the north shore in auckland. The dealership closed because they where utter shit ( test drove one car and the tyres all trigger the flat tyre warning - had to fill them on the test drive, and another had an engine light comte up (temp sensor fault - found out later) and the dealership just told us to drive on anyways... The service department in Greenlane is crap also, my Volvo dealership will charge you just to let you in the door... Not quite but you know what I mean. I had a problem with the car and it's an hours labour to just scan it...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies