Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies New 200 Owner (finally!) - Bedfordshire

New 200 Owner (finally!) - Bedfordshire

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:15 pm
beaks User avatar

Kudos: 36
Hello all,

Going back to this time last year I was trying to find a RCZ to my liking. Long story short nothing suitable came up and after several journey's to visit 'spotless' cars that turned out to be sheds I basically spat out my dummy and decided I'd no longer seek out a RCZ after all.

I wound up buying a VW Scirocco TSi but never really felt that happy with it - great car but really, really boring! I think the biggest indicator of this is that during the time I had it I did absolutely nothing to it, which is very much unlike me!

Anyway, in recent months I've kept seeing RCZ's on the road, almost like they were teasing me... so the VW got sold, the search started again and fortunately I quite quickly found my 200 which looks amazing and has a really nice two tone leather interior in it. Yeah, would have liked xenons / nav etc but it's not a life changer that it doesn't have them.

I have always enjoyed Peugeots - back in the day I had a 309 GTI and about 10 years ago had a 306 Rallye. My daily driver is a diesel 207 which means the RCZ can be a weekend car (or when I can't face driving the 207...)

This is car #31 so it's pretty clear I change about a bit! I currently work in the automotive industry and prior to that have worked in Motorsport for 15 years (BTCC, WRC and F1)

Right, enough waffle. I'm glad this forum exists and seems to be a friendly place as well - but let's see after I've asked countless questions! Oh, and I promise to 'RTFM' and use the search box first before posting...

Thanks,

Ian B

@teambeaks

2retro User avatar

Kudos: 531
Welcome to the forum at last. Car looks great! :clap:

And bonus points for knowing what time the last train to Trancentral is! :thumbup:

Verminator User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 20
Hi the car looks fantastic but I am biased as my RCZ is the same colour and interior but it's a diesel 163.....have fun and well done..
LE5 8 KAZ (GREY LADY). My Z.
" The Grey Lady "
MK2 RCZ GT HDi (2014)
Mercury Grey
Lama Grey Half cream / black leather
Sat-Nav
Sensors F & B
Sports kit
19" Alloys
" Always ready to go cruising and turning heads "

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
Hi and welcome aboard :wave:

Nice introduction and what a great looking RCZ! You did right not taking on the rough cars and waiting for the right one. Your background sounds intriguing and hopefully we may find out more :eusa-think: don’t worry about the questions no matter how trivial they may seem there will be a queue of owners on here more than willing to help :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
Welcome. Nice car :greetings-wavingblue:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1127
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

So pleased you finally managed to find your Z. They are a good looking car & it’s so easy to let your heart rule your head & jump straight in at the first one. :eusa-think:

It’s always worth waiting for the right one. :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

beaks User avatar

2retro wrote:
Welcome to the forum at last. Car looks great! :clap:

And bonus points for knowing what time the last train to Trancentral is! :thumbup:

Thanks fella I appreciate that...

Clearly I know 'What Time is RCZ' or something like that...

Ian B
@teambeaks

beaks User avatar

Verminator wrote:
Hi the car looks fantastic but I am biased as my RCZ is the same colour and interior but it's a diesel 163.....have fun and well done..
LE5 8 KAZ (GREY LADY). My Z.

Good choice - so happy with the car, 12 months later than hoped but we got there in the end!

Ian B
@teambeaks

beaks User avatar

neilgsxr69 wrote:

Nice introduction and what a great looking RCZ! You did right not taking on the rough cars and waiting for the right one. Your background sounds intriguing and hopefully we may find out more :eusa-think: don’t worry about the questions no matter how trivial they may seem there will be a queue of owners on here more than willing to help :thumbup:

Hi Neil,

Thank you. Yes, glad I waited for the right car - maybe I was too fussy but no point having something you're not going to be happy with I guess.

With the racing, started out in MG BTCC, then Mitsubishi WRC, onto Honda F1 (first time around!), then Red Bull, Lotus Racing / Caterham, McLaren, back to Caterham and finished my days at HAAS F1. Was some amazing times but decided there was more value in seeing my daughter grow up than there was flying all over the world. When I was at HAAS, with testing and meetings in Italy I was away from home for nearly 2/3 of the year...

Anyway, cheers again!

Ian B
@teambeaks

beaks User avatar

renegade79 wrote:
Welcome. Nice car :greetings-wavingblue:

Thanks Renegade, appreciate that!

Ian B
@teambeaks

beaks User avatar

DKZ5745 wrote:

So pleased you finally managed to find your Z. They are a good looking car & it’s so easy to let your heart rule your head & jump straight in at the first one. :eusa-think:

Cheers - for once patience paid off!

Spent 3 hours getting the tailpipe back to chrome again on Sunday - next job is to polish the arches up a bit more, one for the search button I feel...

Ian B
Last edited by beaks on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@teambeaks

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
beaks wrote:
neilgsxr69 wrote:

Hi Neil,

Thank you. Yes, glad I waited for the right car - maybe I was too fussy but no point having something you're not going to be happy with I guess.

With the racing, started out in MG BTCC, then Mitsubishi WRC, onto Honda F1 (first time around!), then Red Bull, Lotus Racing / Caterham, McLaren, back to Caterham and finished my days at HAAS F1. Was some amazing times but decided there was more value in seeing my daughter grow up than there was flying all over the world. When I was at HAAS, with testing and meetings in Italy I was away from home for nearly 2/3 of the year...

Anyway, cheers again!

Ian B

Wow bet you can tell a story or two! :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 608
Hello beaks,

I'm a bit late to the table but hey ho here we go !

Welcome and as everyone else has already said I wont' repeat the just ask ......

great looking Z and for me the most practical of the bunch, with exception to the diesel which in my opinion is bullet proof.

Yeah I am sure there will be some tales to be told from your past history, some say dream jobs but I know what you mean about family and there are somethings time cannot replace.

Hope you have many miles of fun with your year long find !
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 608
PS. brilliant job on the tips - you wouldn't believe they could go back to that from the first pic. :thumbup:

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

beaks User avatar

neilgsxr69 wrote:
beaks wrote:
neilgsxr69 wrote:

Hi Neil,

Anyway, cheers again!

Ian B

Wow bet you can tell a story or two! :beer:

I could... but I'd get a lot of people (myself included!) in a lot of trouble...

Good times though..!
@teambeaks

beaks User avatar

Plecodoras wrote:
PS. brilliant job on the tips - you wouldn't believe they could go back to that from the first pic. :thumbup:

Cheers M. :beer:

thanks mate - it helped that you can remove the tips !! Simply spend an age with 0000 Wire wool and mister Autosol !!

next job is the arches but seriously nervous about that one...
@teambeaks

Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 103
Welcome beaks :wave:

So you've brought yourself a very fancy runabout for the weekend hey... so how long before the temptation to use it for the daily commute becomes to overbearing? ;)

Enjoy..........
Red Carbon 200

beaks User avatar

Guppy wrote:
Welcome beaks :wave:

So you've brought yourself a very fancy runabout for the weekend hey... so how long before the temptation to use it for the daily commute becomes to overbearing? ;)

Enjoy..........

hmm... my commute is a round trip of 150 miles... so I'll stick with the old 207 shunter for now...

if I'm honest, driving the 207 during the week makes the RCZ feel even more special when I drive it at weekends (or if the 207 is 'poorly')...

cheers,

ian b
@teambeaks

OkeyStokey Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
beaks wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:

Spent 3 hours getting the tailpipe back to chrome again on Sunday - next job is to polish the arches up a bit more, one for the search button I feel...

Ian B

Quick question Mr. Beaks - Did you take those tips off to clean or did you do it in-situ?

beaks User avatar

OkeyStokey wrote:
beaks wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:

Ian B

Quick question Mr. Beaks - Did you take those tips off to clean or did you do it in-situ?

Hi,

I took them off - removing the rear trim is only a few screws and a couple of plastic clips... and the trim came off 'reasonably' easy...

Makes life infinitely easier and stops you getting a bad back!

If you're doing yours I strongly recommend 0000 wire wool - just go stready and you'll get there eventually. My tips were absolutely hanging but as you can see you can recover them pretty well!

Cheers,

Ian B
@teambeaks

Next

Return to Newbies