Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Outgoing RCZ Owner

Outgoing RCZ Owner

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:00 pm
SimpleSimper Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi all!

I am new to the group... well mainly as an outgoing RCZ owner, i had mine for 2 years and did lots of custom mods to it, i parted with it last month due to continued issues with it but i have lots of Peugeot RCZ custom things that might be of interest to other owners. Currently listed on ebay. it would be good to see another RCZ owner get some enjoyment from them if they are interested. Pic attached of what was once my pride and joy!

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 am
Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 57
What issues did you have with your RCZ? :eusa-think:

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:06 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
Sad to hear you’ve sold your RCZ, do you have a link to your eBay sale?
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 pm
SimpleSimper Newbie

Kudos: 0
2retro thanks for doing the link.

Yea i think i was cursed tbh it was meant to be a dream purchase and from day 1 it broke down on the first journey home! I had a lot of issues, some things were just maintenance some were more, gutted to have had to get rid but it was costing a fortune and Peugeot are awful i will never buy french again - people did warn me in fact not one person agreed with me but i bought it as a french sceptic - in my opinion Peugeot have lived up to the stereotypes of top gear etc. What hurt the most was it was a dream car purchase and because i lost someone close to me who owned one to cancer and i kinda wanted to follow her lead and get one.

Issues were:
firstly things like recalls not done
Timing chain split
coolant sensor failings and pipes
Battery failed
One door started to droop low - the metal between was rubbing causing marks.
One xmas complete power issues.
Then came a big one £4000 repair after a breakdown Xmas just gone. It was apparently a know fault the engines have and share with Mini, it can happen to anyone, the cams had excessive wear (still no known reason for this??? i did read on a forum when the RCX came out even some of the forecourt suffered this but Peugeot did not make it a recall), this affected the actuator and timing again cost was £4000 to repair - i had no choice but to payout - warranty would only pay X amount towards it.
Even after all this it carried out with warning lights. I had had enough by then.

All the while Peugeot was just awful to deal with, always chasing them on the phone and no courtesy car. In the expensive jobs case for a whole month i was without a courtesy car. Battle with warranty that would not cover costs for things.

Just awful which is not how it should of been.

I traded it in which cost me negative equity as i only had it 2 years. Anyway i have a very reliable Mazda right now and am still recovering form the RCZ costs. My advice for anyone with an RCZ is get a warranty and maximum breakdown and deeper pockets.

And that who i come to be selling my RCZ stock of customised parts. Its a royal shame because the RCZ has everything in it and the looks but is just so unreliable in my experience.

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:33 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1127
It does seem like you have had a really bad time with your RCZ. It is such a shame because they really are amazing cars, and the vast majority of owners don’t have any issues at all. When reading this forum it does seem that all RCZ’s suffer multiple problems, but that is the nature of the forum, it’s a place where people can ask advice for issues they have, so all the owners who don’t have problems don’t mention that on here.

I have had mine for almost 5 years and I have had virtually no problems, and any that I have had have been the type of things that happen with all cars, and were sorted straight away by my dealer. (More or less)

It is a shame that you have been put off Peugeot’s, I don’t think there is any evidence that they are any less reliable than most other manufactures (Japanese possibly excluded). I realise it’s no consolation for you though when you are out of pocket by so much.

I have had cars by Toyota, Ford, Renault, Fiat, Talbot, Hillman, Peugeot (obviously - but a couple of older models too), and quite a few others, and with the possible exception of one of the Toyotas (Rav 4), I think the RCZ has probably been my most reliable car to date.

I think that some Peugeot dealerships do have a lot to answer for when it comes to customer service, but then I think they aren’t on their own there.

I do hope all goes well for you with your new Japanese friend, and sorry to see you go.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to Newbies