Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Hello from Buckinghamshie

Hello from Buckinghamshie

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:21 pm
JokUK Regular
Regular

Kudos: 6
Hi all, just had my car written off , Merc S Class, decided it's time for something a little more sporty, daily commute of 25 miles, some motorway, some stop start traffic, decided petrol probably best, is there really a lot of difference between the 156/200 plus anything I should look for , probably going for an early car, 50K on clock for circa 6K , seems like a lot of car for the money ....... Thanks in advance
Black, 2010, 200 bhp GT

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:55 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 639
Hi and sorry to hear about the Merc.

Probably the " best " all round Z would be a 200 GT, out of the options the best would be Xenons, then it's all the usual stuff - parking / sat nav / heated seats / leather etc.

things to look out for on a MK1 with around 50k miles, all these will have had the cam chain done if not by Peugeot, then the owner, this was an early fault with the MK1's some even say early MK2's - very few.
Look for leaks, damaged jacking points - easily done, check warning lights - view history with Datalink port, listen for any strange noises when changing gear and setting off, try setting off in second - give it ample revs - look for clutch slip,
heating cooling system inc A/C, all these things are not confined to the RCZ but general points to note.

Good luck with your hunt and remember that there is quite a choice out there, so don't let your heart rule your head.

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:55 am
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 205
We ought to do rcz bingo.
Chain, yes
Damaged jacking points, yes
Hpfp failure, no

No prize for me.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:56 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1133
You forgot coil packs for the four corners :lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 am
RCZIain Moderator

Oh yes, and carbon build up for the granny drivers :D
DKZ5745 wrote:
You forgot coil packs for the four corners :lol:

Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 am
RCZIain Moderator

Oh yes and welcome.
We're not trying to put you off.
We all love our rczs, but don't expect flawless reliability.
Don't blame the French though, they're Austrian!
JokUK wrote:
Hi all, just had my car written off , Merc S Class, decided it's time for something a little more sporty, daily commute of 25 miles, some motorway, some stop start traffic, decided petrol probably best, is there really a lot of difference between the 156/200 plus anything I should look for , probably going for an early car, 50K on clock for circa 6K , seems like a lot of car for the money ....... Thanks in advance

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:34 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 550
Hi and welcome, yeh don’t be put off with all the possible faults all cars have their issues irrespective of manufacturer you’ll know when you’ve found a well looked after car and a good test drive should show up any faults.
Good luck and keep us updated. :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 am
JokUK Regular
Regular

Thanks all, very useful and will certainly add the above to my list, so opinion is 200bhp better car driving wise ?
also any recommendations for good independents in the High Wycombe area ?

Cheers John
Black, 2010, 200 bhp GT

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:30 am
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 537
JokUK wrote:
So opinion is 200bhp better car driving wise ?

All RCZ's drive brilliantly. The 200bhp one is just a bit quicker really but I wouldn't consider any of them to be slow! :thumbup:

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:53 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 550
If the car you find is a 156 you could always have it remapped this would bring it close to the 200 in terms of power, which I have done but to be honest I wasn’t disappointed with standard power of the 156 the remap has made a very noticeable difference though. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:22 pm
JokUK Regular
Regular

Lol, too old to be trying to wring every ounce out of a car, just need enough to occasionally overtake if needed, don't really need out and out speed
Black, 2010, 200 bhp GT

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:38 pm
Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 57
THP200 has stiffer suspension :eusa-whistle: Also acoustic system which amplifies the engine sound inside cabin.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:54 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Yes, and it actually sounds good.
Better than others which make fake noises, as it's actual real intake noise.
Nemi wrote:
THP200 has stiffer suspension :eusa-whistle: Also acoustic system which amplifies the engine sound inside cabin.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:02 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 639
Yes I forgot about
the acoustic system which amplifies the engine sound inside cabin
, though most people like this feature, an odd one has said they don't - the 156 doesn't have this, so test a 156 and a 200 and take the revs to over 3500, that's when it kicks in and the turbo !
As Neil has said, you can re-map the 156 and I'm pretty sure Neils must be around that 200 mark, so if you find the one for you and it's a 156, not the end of the world, they are all the same shape and all have that sexy double bubble roof, apart from the odd thing they all look the same when they fly by !

Good luck and if you want ultra reliability then don't overlook the diesel it has 163 bhp so still no slouch and if I'm not wrong that can be mapped / chipped to 180 if needed.

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 372
If you are on Facebook there is a closed RCZ Owners group with a separate sales page, with owners who have cared for their cars, up for sale due to changes in circumstances.

Group was started by people on here and are also still on here!

(I am on both)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:47 pm
Guppy Senior Member

Kudos: 106
Wecome JokUK :beer:

I have the thp 200 with the amplified engine roar which to be honest sounds good but is often drowneded out by the high volume on the stereo system. I never test drove the 156 as i had already decided i wanted the 200.

Best of luck with your search... let the fun begin!

PS. Hello from a fellow Wycombe chap :thumbup:
Red Carbon 200

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 pm
JokUK Regular
Regular

tianorth wrote:
If you are on Facebook there is a closed RCZ Owners group with a separate sales page, with owners who have cared for their cars, up for sale due to changes in circumstances.

Group was started by people on here and are also still on here!

(I am on both)

Any idea of FB group name, search has brought up loads , nice to get one from an owner rather than a garage......
Black, 2010, 200 bhp GT

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:39 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 372
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rczownersgroup/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162973420841159/

Ask admin to add you to both and say you are also on forum.

Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:59 pm
JokUK Regular
Regular

Guppy wrote:
Wecome JokUK :beer:

I have the thp 200 with the amplified engine roar which to be honest sounds good but is often drowneded out by the high volume on the stereo system. I never test drove the 156 as i had already decided i wanted the 200.

Best of luck with your search... let the fun begin!

PS. Hello from a fellow Wycombe chap :thumbup:

Hi Guppy, are you in Wycombe or from there, I see Greater Manchester as your location ?
Black, 2010, 200 bhp GT

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm
JokUK Regular
Regular

tianorth wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rczownersgroup/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162973420841159/

Ask admin to add you to both and say you are also on forum.

Thanks, answered the questions , and requested acceptance, fingers crossed :)
Black, 2010, 200 bhp GT

Next

Return to Newbies