Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Hi from Lancashire

Hi from Lancashire

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 am

Kudos: 9
Hi all,

Had an RCZ-R for about 2 years now, loved every minute of it (excluding the fear of God every Garage visit puts in me)

RCZR.jpeg
RCZR.jpeg (247.31 KiB) Viewed 974 times

I am into the Modding scene but I am keeping this one standard for two reasons. First, I think this is likely to be a future classic so don't want to tamper and second, and more importantly, I just don't think this car needs it.
My other car is a Celica, which I love and is unfortunatley the victim of my severe modditis condition :thumbup:

Other than the tyre pressure light and lack of DAB - I can't fault this car. Its awesome. Peugeot got something right with this one.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 568
Well Hello GiantJellyBaby !! I'll not ask !!

That looks very nice and though I like to have a go shall we say, when it comes to adding a bit extra - I agree with you there is not much I want to change with the R, just subtle changes like these beauties....

Nice aren't they ( and if you can't see - the red anodised rings ! )

These are or were available from trusted member 2retro as either a three pack or as you should get a 5 pack. they certainly transform the dials and match so well with the red stitching... subtle but sweet .

Q. Why the wait to jump on the forum, it is full of usefull info - updates for audio sytem sat-nav, guides etc etc and not forgetting the power of the members - backchat - I mean banter, meets and drives and technical stuff to boot.

Welcome and enjoy - Cheers M. :beer: :thumbup:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 am
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 197
Welcome :thumbup:
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust, Vision pack, jbl and Nav.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 am
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 529
Welcome, GiantJellyBaby.

Plecodoras is my hype man! (Thanks Mick, I'll leave the brown envelope of cash in the usual place later...) lol :dance: 8-)

This is what he's talking about by the way: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12131&p

Cheers!
:beer:

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:15 am

Ha! The name is an old thing that dates back to playing call of duty on the PS3. The name used to have an 'a' prefixing it. Whenever I got a kill it would flash on the other players screen "You were killed by a_GiantJellybaby"
or if they killed me it would say "You killed a_GiantJellyBaby" I was highly amused by it when I was a pup and it's just stuck.

Anyway....

Those dial rings are a nice touch guys, might think about it 2retro. I'm trying to resist the mod temptation but it would have to be subtleties for me if anything. I like those door lights I've seen on here as well they're pretty nice.

Not sure why I haven't signed up sooner tbh. Possibly to avoid seeing all the aftermarket goodness. I've been a member of CCUK (Celicas) for years and sunk a fortune into the three I've had over the years.
Anyway I'm here now so will be giving this site a good coat of looking at and hopefully getting the R to a few meets etc all nice and standard :eusa-think:

I'm curious as to how you have an RCZ picture on your popup dash display?

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:24 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1474
Hi, I’m on my second R ! Sold my first one and almost immediately regretted it. Eventually came to my senses and bought my current one. I’ve added a couple of mods to mine but they are things that can be undone quite easily, like the red rings for example.

I hope it does become a future classic because I’m not letting this one go :)
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 568
GiantJellyBaby wrote:
Ha! The name is an old thing that dates back to playing call of duty on the PS3. The name used to have an 'a' prefixing it. Whenever I got a kill it would flash on the other players screen "You were killed by a_GiantJellybaby"
or if they killed me it would say "You killed a_GiantJellyBaby" I was highly amused by it when I was a pup and it's just stuck.

Anyway....

Those dial rings are a nice touch guys, might think about it 2retro. I'm trying to resist the mod temptation but it would have to be subtleties for me if anything. I like those door lights I've seen on here as well they're pretty nice.

Not sure why I haven't signed up sooner tbh. Possibly to avoid seeing all the aftermarket goodness. I've been a member of CCUK (Celicas) for years and sunk a fortune into the three I've had over the years.
Anyway I'm here now so will be giving this site a good coat of looking at and hopefully getting the R to a few meets etc all nice and standard :eusa-think:
I'm curious as to how you have an RCZ picture on your popup dash display?

Well that would have tickled me too, some macho being killed by a giantjellybaby ! class..

That's easy and it was easy to do really, and kudos goes to DKZ5745 for the posting, you'll find it here....

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10474

See, there's more to this site than pretty pictures ....

:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1113
:greetings-wavingblue: welcome :text-welcomewave:

Your Z looks awesome just the way it is :clap: but like Kerry (RCZ1) said, the odd few reversible mods can put your own mark on your car, without damaging its future originality.

No point telling you that you won’t regret your purchase, cos you already know this by now :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:15 pm

That view is stunning.

The tyre pressure light does my head in. It's on nearly every week.
When we first bought the car, within a week the brakes screeched like mad so we took it back and had a full replacement done on them - when we picked it up the guy on the desk said "good job it's been done on warranty" when I asked why he said the job would have come to nearly £2000 - My heart fell through my arse. I'm now dreading the next time the brakes need a replacement but other than that yeah - don't regret a thing.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:41 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 527
Hi and welcome, I have a Launch Edition RCZ one of only 200 made for world wide sale and only 36 UK customers were lucky enough to get one, so I thought I need to keep this car standard as you say definitely a future classic. Could I resist temptation? Not a chance! My latest addition has been a full stainless quad carbon tip exhaust and I’m constantly looking for further lets say personalisation :dance:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:09 pm

neilgsxr69 wrote:
Hi and welcome, I have a Launch Edition RCZ one of only 200 made for world wide sale and only 36 UK customers were lucky enough to get one, so I thought I need to keep this car standard as you say definitely a future classic. Could I resist temptation? Not a chance! My latest addition has been a full stainless quad carbon tip exhaust and I’m constantly looking for further lets say personalisation :dance:

That's the classic Designed by Peugeot, Improved by "Me" attitude :D

Return to Newbies