Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Newbie from Hastings

Newbie from Hastings

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

Kudos: 8
Hi,

I must confess that I can’t ever remember seeing a RCZ but a friend of mine bought one recently and she let me me drive it (she has the HDI Sport) and I absolutely loved!! First of all I was blown away by how amazing this car looks and the drive was pure fun.

So, I have decided that I needed to get myself one of these beauties. I have opted for HDI GT Magnetic (one of the best looking cars I have seen......) and collect it on Friday - I can’t wait for the 5.5 hour drive back home after I pick up the car!!!!

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 539
Hi and welcome, great choice I’m sure your going to love your new car and all those envious looks that your Gorgeous car will bring!
Don’t forget to post some photos of your pride and joy and don’t be afraid to ask any questions no mater how daft they may seem we’re a friendly bunch here :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1127
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

Great choice of car. You will love everything about your new ride, the only problem you will have is that you’ll want to park it up so you can stand and look at it, but then you’ll want to be off driving it again.
As the lotto advert says, there are worse problems to have :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 am
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

Can someone tell me how to upload pics please?? I am so very new to this

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 am
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 204
I usually use Tapatalk. Saves messing about plugging my phone into my pc.
Just take a photo then add with the forum browser.

Lazy I know.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

As an addendum, lower your camera quality.
Not everyone appreciates 450000p HD images if their broadband isn't the slickest.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:40 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1127
Tapatalkseems to be a popular method of adding photos.

If you want to use any other method, you simply reduce the size of the image to below 256 kB and use the upload attachment feature below.

:thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 pm
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

I’m going to view the car on friday morning. The only reservations I have are that the guy selling it told me that the car has been serviced regularly by a friend of his who happens to work for Peugeot. The mechanic then stamps the service book with an official stamp - how on earth do I know he has actually serviced the car, and is this in any way shape or form legal??

Also, can someone give me an idea of the upkeep costs and reliability of this car?? My friends are telling me not to buy this car because of reliability issues so any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 616
Steeley70 wrote:
I’m going to view the car on friday morning. The only reservations I have are that the guy selling it told me that the car has been serviced regularly by a friend of his who happens to work for Peugeot. The mechanic then stamps the service book with an official stamp - how on earth do I know he has actually serviced the car, and is this in any way shape or form legal??

Also, can someone give me an idea of the upkeep costs and reliability of this car?? My friends are telling me not to buy this car because of reliability issues so any advice would be most welcome.

Hello Steeley and welcome to THE RCZ Forum...

Firstly, the reliability of the HDI is not to be questioned. This is without doubt the most reliable engine of the lot and that isn't to say the rest are unreliable. There are some issues with the THP petrol engines but no more than any other car manufacturer, and they are all well documented on here. This HDI engine has been used for years in lots of cars, Citroen BMW Renault Peugeot of course and I think even Honda, so it is without doubt tried and tested and economical to boot. As for the servicing, if the guy is a trained Peugeot mechanic then should be fine if he has DIY serviced it, as for stamping the book, Yes technically this is wrong as it wasn't carried out by the garage but one of the mechanics. You don't state how old the car is? if it's over three years then it doesn't matter because the warranty has lapsed. If it's from a garage then hopefully they will give some form of warranty, if you are buying private, you can have AA or RAC check car for you for about £99 ( check that ) and that should give you peace of mind. Have a good test drive, make sure no warning lights are on, check clutch play, ( try start of in second gear giving good revs - if the clutch is on way out it will slip, but this is good engine and should pull away fine in second ).
check heating controls - hot and cold / AC, give it a good once over, don't be afraid spend as long as you want ( though two weeks driving around the Cotswolds might upset the owner !!! lol ) Check MOT and V5c, see how many owners - check Vin number on front windscreen left hand side with V5c.
Have a look at the jacking points under the car, these often are damaged - this might get you a few quid knocked off, and if they are ok, then bonus !
If you buy a RCZ you won't be disappointed - you said it yourself - you loved it, and so you will, this is one car which you truely grin from ear to ear everytime you drive it.

Hope it works out for you and we get to see some nice pics and welcome another new owner.. :D
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:28 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 539
Even if the car had gone into a Peugeot garage for servicing it doesn’t mean it had been done properly! :lol:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 pm
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

Thank you so very much for the great advice Plecodoras, I will be sure to do all the checks you have suggested. The car is up for sale for £11000, do you have any suggestions as to how much I should offer / pay for it??

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:12 pm
RCZIain Moderator

What age and mileage?
I paid about £8k for my 2011 200 GT, 2 owners and 49k mileage. I think the dealer will know the Magnetic is a slightly rarer model unfortunately.
Personally I wouldn't want a diesel RCZ. I traded a 508 GT in for mine and am seeing pretty much the same running costs in terms of MPG. The road tax is slightly higher but insurance is cheaper.

Plus no automatic gearbox or DPF to poo the bed. I do miss the lazy, effortless performance of the 508 though. 204bhp and 340ftlb torque is quite addictive.. You could at any speed just plant your foot and it hauled major ass. As the Americans would say.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:09 pm
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

It’s a 2013 model with 23000 miles on the clock. He was asking for £11k but managed to get him to £10.5k......don’t think I’ll do better than than that. Something that concerns me is the sat Nav not accepting full UK postcodes!! Can this be rectified does anyone know??

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:28 pm
RCZIain Moderator

If it's an NG4 no. Although I've been all over in mine and it's got us there. Most recently a 5.5 hour drive to Tenby in south Wales, no problems at all.
RT6 I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure my 508 had full postcode input although I may be imagining that, but I had updated the firmware and maps on that.

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

If it's a 2013 model most likely a mk2, then it should have the RT6 unit and yes can easily have the 7 digit post codes added. It is a software update to the head unit and if doing this then might as well update your maps to 2016/17.
Plenty of threads on the site for the updates etc. As for the price I think that's pretty good for a weasel with 23000 smiles on it - so well done :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now then have you got it and where's the pics LOL !!!

:beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Now on second white* R

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 371
Have a look at this post

viewtopic.php?t=10320

Which colour do you have?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 am
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

Thank you to all those who replied. I did try and post from my iPhone but kept getting an error message. Anyway, I collected the car today after a 6 hour train journey......what a great journey! I LOVE THIS CAR......I know nothing about cars but I am so happy with my new purchase. I want to upload pics for you all to see but have no idea how to do it.

I downloaded tapatalk app on advice from previous posts but it appears to be a social media app and I have no idea how to work it (rubbish with technology). Can someone please give me an idiots guide on how to do it please?

Oh, and how do I get to meet fellow RCZ owners / enthusiasts?

cheers

Steeley

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:00 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Steeley70 wrote:
Thank you to all those who replied. I did try and post from my iPhone but kept getting an error message. Anyway, I collected the car today after a 6 hour train journey......what a great journey! I LOVE THIS CAR......I know nothing about cars but I am so happy with my new purchase. I want to upload pics for you all to see but have no idea how to do it.

I downloaded tapatalk app on advice from previous posts but it appears to be a social media app and I have no idea how to work it (rubbish with technology). Can someone please give me an idiots guide on how to do it please?

Oh, and how do I get to meet fellow RCZ owners / enthusiasts?

cheers

Steeley

Hi Steeley and congratulations on your buy of the RCZ Magnetic, what a beautiful car ! are'nt they all - lol.

All I can say is ...... what kept you ! ha ha ....

Any way you ask how you can get to meet other RCZ owners?

Well we have quite a few meets all over the country both with users on here and Facebook, though myself and several on here don't do the Facebook, we would like the meets since isn't that what it's all about ?

We will be having one in Yorkshire next year and doing a drive of about 140 miles start to finish. There is also for the more adventurous of us here - the 3rd annual European meeting in Zeeland ( Holland ) which has already got 130 cars signed up - this is a mammoth meet and there is plenty of vids of last year etc on YouTube - check it out !
And if all that wasn't enough - DanRo the organiser of the European meet - is organising a 5 DAY trip to the Italian Alps - this is amazing - did Austria this year, and what you basically get is a free personal guide ( DanRo ) who takes you on some of the best Alpine roads in Italy - oh nearly forgot - Great People too. :thumbup:

As for Tapatalk, choose this forum as one you are interested in, then it will show the topics and you can just add a picture with comments etc to the posts, give it a try.. We would love to see your car and if your up for a meet - even better !

P.Message sent.

Cheers n Beers :beer:

Now on second white* R

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:33 pm
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG (154.45 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG (237.68 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG (204.97 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0234.JPG (200.66 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG (202.26 KiB) Viewed 3137 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 pm
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0228.JPG (182.66 KiB) Viewed 3136 times

This is my favourite - just looks amazing.........

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:38 pm
Steeley70 Regular
Regular

IMG_0237.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG (199.54 KiB) Viewed 3133 times
IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0238.JPG (215.7 KiB) Viewed 3133 times

The inside of the car.......

Now nicknamed “The Beast” by my friends [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]