Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Another Newbie.

Another Newbie.

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Windows95 Newbie

Kudos: 3
Hello to all the RCZers out there. Having picked-up a 2010 Dolphin Blue GT auto with Frisson interior and NG4 media player, in the week, I've been trying it out this weekend. It seems such a waste to have the engine running in order to transfer audio files and not go anywhere. So once the download was started, I set off. Driving on a great mix of roads covering 400 miles @ 41.4 mpg. I was nearly home, once, but had to go around the block for another 7 miles before finally parking it. The only issues so far are software related, and trivial: 1. Speed Limiter only engages once you are below setpoint. 2. Speed Limiter does not change down the gears in "Drive" to maintain limit on descents, allowing over-speed, and we know the bottom of steep hills is a favourite spot for "Safety Cameras". 3. The media player pauses (momentarily) between tracks, killing the mix. That's nothing that can be changed so I'll just have to get used to it, and nothing that will take the grin off of my face. I can say that "I'm really chuffed".

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1051

Welcome.
:wave:

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
Hi and welcome, as with all cars there’s little annoyances but as you say you just can’t get the grin off your face when looking at your gorgeous Z.
Try and post some photos we all would love to see your pride and joy! The car I mean :lol:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 pm
Windows95 Newbie

Thanks guys. The grin was driving induced, not looking at it though. One thing I did notice was I couldn't see the spoiler going up and down, only other cars disappearing from the mirrors when the road got interesting.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 158
Windows95 wrote:
Thanks guys. The grin was driving induced, not looking at it though. One thing I did notice was I couldn't see the spoiler going up and down, only other cars disappearing from the mirrors when the road got interesting.

I usually drive fairly sensibly but love to play "Can you keep up" round corners with the arse huggers.
9 times out of 10 they can't.

I had one recently and I noticed after a glance in the rear view mirror he was sawing away at it like he was in the forests of Wales in a Subaru Impreza. Quite odd, looked hard work too. Not quite sure why, I was quite comfy listening to Radio 2 with the AC on.
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust. Vision pack.

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:01 am
ianGT156 User avatar

Kudos: 40

Hello and welcome Windows95 :wave: . Great little drive of 400 miles and your mpg certainly beats my average.

I usually drive fairly sensibly but love to play "Can you keep up" round corners with the arse huggers.
9 times out of 10 they can't.

That's very interesting Iain. I was wondering whether it was just me that went round a long sharp uphill bend at 75mph. I also lose them at that point. ;)
RCZ 156 GT Mercury Grey 2013 £9960 - Now named Rozie!
Remap to 181.9hp and 300.7 Nm £354.
Private Plate RCZ 2820 (£365)
Cleaning Kit Bits (£400+)
Recaro Car Seat Protector £22.50 (for the dog)
Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 2741446218

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:12 am
Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 54

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 492
Windows95 wrote:

The spoiler deploys at first stage at around 53mph which isn’t high enough to see through rear view mirror, you have to hit around 97mph for the spoiler to reach full height which you can just about see the Center lip of if your tall enough. :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:02 pm
RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 246
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :greetings-wavingblue:
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:33 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 524
Yeah another Newbie !!

:text-welcomewave: :auto-car: :happy-wavemulticolor:

:text-worthless:

Welcome to the grin factor 50 !!

now then what you doing next - a good cleaning program or a few mods OR all of the above !! ??

:beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:07 pm
Windows95 Newbie

I was thinking that I'm too short. I had had the seat as high as I could get it so my head was brushing the roof but it was also a long way forwards so I could reach the pedals and still couldn't see the spoiler. But I must have grown a bit in the last week, 'cos I've seen it moving now.

Return to Newbies