Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies RCZ Radio not working

RCZ Radio not working

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:31 am
Simeon01 Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hi, I have a 2010 RCZ HDI which has been faultless and excellent until yesterday when I encountered a blank audio screen - all audio working fine but no screen. I started to mess (with buttons as I unfortunately do when driving)... was on a journey back from Edinburgh to Cheshire and just wanted it sorted :roll: On messing, I noticed after a service station stop that the total miles on the odometer had jumped 65,000 - now I realise that my messing had probably changed miles to km as the conversion is about spot on - when I next stopped and then restarted there was no audio at all and still no screen? I have reviewed past topics and the only ones I find usually involve warning lights, however, I have none of these and everything else appears fine? Is this anything anyone else has encountered at all please? Thanks.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:45 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 582
I have not had this issue myself but surely it must be a connection between radio and screen that is at fault here if you can still use functions but not actually see what you're doing?

Do you have the pop up screen by the way as I know there is a common fault where a cable gets trapped repeatedly upon open/close action and eventually breaks...

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 223
What unit is it?
NG4? I had the hard drive fail in mine. That's exactly what happened, nothing, black screen.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven. It done gone sideways.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 665
If you have the NG4 unit you can try pulling the fuse (yellow) then put it back and the unit should reset. Worth a shot if all else fails, let us know how you get on :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:30 am
Simeon01 Newbie

Kudos: 1
Thank you all for your help and suggestions - tried fuse but no joy. Went to Peugeot to see what they have to say....diagnostic at £90.00 is only route but they thought it may be either a software issue or possibly the fuse at the back of the unit? The unit is standard and not sat nav pop-up screen.
Curious thing is that after I left Peugeot I messed (can't help hoping a press of a random button on the unit will spark it back into life :crazy: ) Anyway, I pressed the travel update and five minutes later I had a local travel update...no screen, no other function, but a local radio travel update??

Post Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:57 pm
ianGT156 User avatar

Kudos: 44

I had something similar on 22nd June 19. I have an an old "MP3" CD which is occasionally failing to play. I was using the steering column stalk to try and play the next track. It didn't always work and she reverted to radio instead. Then all of a sudden I noticed the centre display was completely blank and wouldn't respond at all. No radio or anything. No diagnostics messages at all.

I pulled into a car park and switched the car on and off. No joy.

Then I followed the same procedure as an RAC guy did on my car when my display was blank viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11126

I disconnected the battery, which is very simple, no tools required. After five minutes, I started Rozie up and all was back to normal.

I hope your problem is as easy.

:beer:
RCZ 156 GT Mercury Grey 2013 £9960 - Now named Rozie!
Remap to 181.9hp and 300.7 Nm £354.
Private Plate RCZ 2820 (£365)
Cleaning Kit Bits (£400+)
Recaro Car Seat Protector £22.50 (for the dog)
Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... 2741446218

Return to Newbies