Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Exterior Bonnet struts

Bonnet struts

Body panels, spoiler, wipers, mirrors and windows, feline pack etc

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:02 pm
markyce Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi all,heres a wierd one ! Car is a 2010 2.0 hdi, it would seem that in the last 3 months both my bonnet gas struts have said "au revoir" !
Anyone else had this happen ? And more to the point replaced them without going to the dealer ?
Mine are stabilus ym17341080 but the global inter-lie turns up nothing, even the stabilus web page didnt list them.
Any help would be good
Thanks
Mark in southampton

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm
AndyLanson User avatar

Kudos: 43
This guy is breaking 3 RCZ's and listing on ebay. He might be able to help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/caraholicsdav ... 7675.l2562
Andrew Ryan: We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:30 pm
thornebt User avatar

Kudos: 16
markyce wrote:
Hi all,heres a wierd one ! Car is a 2010 2.0 hdi, it would seem that in the last 3 months both my bonnet gas struts have said "au revoir" !
Anyone else had this happen ? And more to the point replaced them without going to the dealer ?
Mine are stabilus ym17341080 but the global inter-lie turns up nothing, even the stabilus web page didnt list them.
Any help would be good
Thanks
Mark in southampton

There's some struts on Ebay for £23.49 a pair with freepost which come all the way from Poland and which they claim to fit RCZ:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kia-Sorento-J ... 35ebdd54c0

There must be other struts that would be suitable but it might be difficult to identify which vehicles have equivalent struts. Good luck.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:04 pm
markyce Newbie

Thanks both, i am nervous about used on these items simply because if mine have failed then there is a chance the used ones will, however i may be forced down that route so have saved the link, thanks.

I saw those on the net......a bit suspicous though because they are for a hatch back rear door and thats gonna be a much higher lift and longer stroke, the ones for our bonnets are rather short.

The search continues

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:48 pm
thornebt User avatar

The following site cross references YM17341080 to Stabilus 520547:-

http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/6648622/peu ... 41080.html

..then this site shows both YM17341080 and 520547 part numbers with a whole load of other cross refs (or similar products) on the RH side:-

http://www.niparts.com/Fac/033013/STABILUS/520547.html

It shows the length as 288mm and the stroke as 94mm which certainly looks correct. The similar products contain some names I recognise such as FEBI Bilstein, Vaico, Mapco and Monroe.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 pm
AndyLanson User avatar

Kudos: 43
markyce wrote:
Thanks both, i am nervous about used on these items simply because if mine have failed then there is a chance the used ones will, however i may be forced down that route so have saved the link, thanks.

I saw those on the net......a bit suspicous though because they are for a hatch back rear door and thats gonna be a much higher lift and longer stroke, the ones for our bonnets are rather short.

The search continues

These as far as I know are brand new. I've spoken to the guy and he has stripped 3 RCZ's for export to Japan and conversion in to race cars. (Very unique out there I'm sure.) Unfortunately I'm told one has already been pranged.

His mobile is listed on the eBay page (Dave) and I'm sure he'll be able to let you know if he has any.

Peace,

Andy.
Andrew Ryan: We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:43 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 320
Have you priced up parts from Peugeot?
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:55 am
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

I've never heard of this before!! Some good advice and suggestions from members there though! :clap:
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:49 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 320
You could price up from citroen just to see what the price difference is!
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:50 pm
markyce Newbie

Hi all,
So after a lot of business travel etc I have got back to this little challenge !
Could not find replacements anywhere, so whilst car was mot'd on tuesday i asked pegeot, and although they didnt have them in stack at my local dealer Hamble motors in southampton they ordered them and a pair where just a bit less than 30 quid each.
I did querry why both failed and they were as suprised as I was, they havnt heard of it or seen it before.
So ...... Hey ho and they said they will fit them for free for me (although not a very challenging job saves me messing about)
Mark

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 pm
thornebt User avatar

That seems a very reasonable cost and the free fitting must be an unexpected bonus!

Return to Exterior