Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Exterior Black Roof Arches

Black Roof Arches

Body panels, spoiler, wipers, mirrors and windows, feline pack etc

Post Sun May 03, 2015 10:16 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 951
Kudos: 373
I'll throw my two penneth worth in whilst the mood takes me!
Well MK 1 or MK 2 obviously we all differ in tastes and as I've said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder! But all we can compare really is the front end of both cars when comparing looks of both front ends just check em out from the side view and then choose which looks the more aggressive and for me suits the car better the MK1 yes head on the grill does look like other Pugs but from the side it comes into its own.
Tell me if I'm wrong! :thumbup:
Image
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics


Post Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 pm
Biggyrick Member
Member

Posts: 94
Kudos: 19
neilgsxr69 wrote:
I'll throw my two penneth worth in whilst the mood takes me!
Well MK 1 or MK 2 obviously we all differ in tastes and as I've said before beauty is in the eye of the beholder! But all we can compare really is the front end of both cars when comparing looks of both front ends just check em out from the side view and then choose which looks the more aggressive and for me suits the car better the MK1 yes head on the grill does look like other Pugs but from the side it comes into its own.
Tell me if I'm wrong! :thumbup:

Just checked mine and the checked a mk1 and i can see your point but i love the dark zenons on mine and if i saw a mk1 in my rear view i could mistake it for406 easily enough.

Post Sun May 03, 2015 11:21 pm
Biggyrick Member
Member

Posts: 94
Kudos: 19
bigmac3161 wrote:
Original shark like and aggressive it's not a mk11 it's merely a facelift and a terrible one at that. Dull and conservative oh and it looks rather like the new 308 front so it does look like another Peugeot.

Prefer the 308 look to a 406 any day

Post Mon May 04, 2015 2:17 am
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 54
Biggyrick wrote:
Because the phase 2 or facelift version just looks right! And not like a 406, 308

But it does.
bigmac3161 wrote:
Original shark like and aggressive it's not a mk11 it's merely a facelift and a terrible one at that. Dull and conservative oh and it looks rather like the new 308 front so it does look like another Peugeot.

Biggyrick wrote:
Prefer the 308 look to a 406 any day

Really.

Post Mon May 04, 2015 10:16 am
Biggyrick Member
Member

Posts: 94
Kudos: 19
tocayo wrote:
Biggyrick wrote:
Because the phase 2 or facelift version just looks right! And not like a 406, 308

But it does.
bigmac3161 wrote:
Original shark like and aggressive it's not a mk11 it's merely a facelift and a terrible one at that. Dull and conservative oh and it looks rather like the new 308 front so it does look like another Peugeot.

Biggyrick wrote:
Prefer the 308 look to a 406 any day

Really.

Yes really, more modern sleek, not like that ugly front 406 massive babadged.

Post Mon May 04, 2015 10:27 am
2retro User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1094
Kudos: 476
ron.jpg
ron.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 3524 times

Post Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 am
Biggyrick Member
Member

Posts: 94
Kudos: 19
2retro wrote:
ron.jpg

Lol banter mate, both are great cars either way, mk1 does look more agrressive totally agree with that, mk2 just bang up to date modern look and how the rcz should of looked from day 1!

Post Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am
mrizzle User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 8163
Kudos: 1570
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Biggyrick wrote:
2retro wrote:
ron.jpg

Lol banter mate, both are great cars either way, mk1 does look more agrressive totally agree with that, mk2 just bang up to date modern look and how the rcz should of looked from day 1!


That was a little like handing over a present and kicking the recipient in the shins as you handed it over. :lol:
Image
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.


The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Mon May 04, 2015 12:05 pm
bigmac3161 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2454
Kudos: 732
Location: Northern Ireland
Yea the mk2 that resounding success it's being canned early :) :) :)
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Mon May 04, 2015 12:30 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 9479
Kudos: 1457
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
Nothing to do with the Mk 2. The RCZ was always going to be a limited build car.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights


RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon May 04, 2015 12:33 pm
duse Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 151
Kudos: 17
Location: Norfolk/Suffolk borders
mrizzle wrote:
Biggyrick wrote:
2retro wrote:
ron.jpg

Lol banter mate, both are great cars either way, mk1 does look more agrressive totally agree with that, mk2 just bang up to date modern look and how the rcz should of looked from day 1!


That was a little like handing over a present and kicking the recipient in the shins as you handed it over. :lol:


ouch.. :lol:
Democracy falls down at the point where you have to persuade stupid people to vote for you..

Post Mon May 04, 2015 12:50 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 54
bigmac3161 wrote:
Yea the mk2 that resounding success it's being canned early :) :) :)


Yep, riding on the crest of a wave with the Rev1 then changed the front and it all went t*ts up ;)

Post Mon May 04, 2015 1:27 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 54
RCZ1 wrote:
Nothing to do with the Mk 2. The RCZ was always going to be a limited build car.

I respectfully disagree with that, unless you can point me in he direction of an official Peugeot statement at the beginning of their production ?

Post Mon May 04, 2015 3:42 pm
bigmac3161 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2454
Kudos: 732
Location: Northern Ireland
They've said at the start that the RCZ was only contracted for magner styne to build a certain number can't remember exactly what of hand. And once that number was reached that was it finito no more.
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Mon May 04, 2015 4:01 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 54
Are you referring to the RCZ Magnetic ? 170 for the UK market or the RCZ in general from first production date ?

Post Mon May 04, 2015 4:05 pm
bigmac3161 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2454
Kudos: 732
Location: Northern Ireland
No all the RCZ models aren't actually built by Peugeot probably why there so well made. There built under contract by magner styne in Austria with a BMW engine. Once the set number are built there will be no more made.
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Mon May 04, 2015 4:12 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 54
I've never seen anything that indicated to me that the RCZ was going to be a limited build, especially after going into the development of the R.
To me it would have indicated that the public appetite just wasn't as big as they had hoped and ran with it till sales started to drop probably due to the cost vs brand and the current climate where people are being more savy with their money. They produced the RCZ R but do the majority of car buyers want to part with around 30k for the Peugeot brand (albeit a very good car) ?
I think it makes more business sense to them to stick with the cars that offer better value to their customers and stronger sales for them.

But thats just my thought.

Post Mon May 04, 2015 4:25 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 9479
Kudos: 1457
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
Well this thread has gone way off topic.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights


RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Mon May 04, 2015 4:26 pm
bigmac3161 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2454
Kudos: 732
Location: Northern Ireland
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Mon May 04, 2015 4:32 pm
tocayo User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 156
Kudos: 54
RCZ1 wrote:
Well this thread has gone way off topic.

Just how it should be :lol:
I should get my car back any day now from the body shop and have had the arches painted gloss black so it kinda puts us back on course.

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior

cron