Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Exterior Black Roof Arches

Black Roof Arches

Body panels, spoiler, wipers, mirrors and windows, feline pack etc

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:48 pm
wanting2learn Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi, I am interested in buying an RCZ, I am a newbie so be gentle please :)

I am after a while diesel model.

Most of the models I see have chrome roof arches, but some have black arches which I prefer.

1. Is there a specific model (or version or year) that come with the black arches?
2. Can I buy black arches from a Peugeot dealer?
3. And, can the chrome arches be easily removed and sprayed black?? Is this something a typical body repair garage man can do?

Thanks

Harry

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:52 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1037

Hi.
Phase 1 RCZs did not come with black arches no matter the model.
Phase 2 RCZs have an option called the black pack, which includes black arches.
You can buy the arches from Peugeot, but i recently enquired and you are looking at about £490 for each side, not including fitting.
Painting is an option, but due to the arches being anodised aluminium, the normal paint process may begin to flake over time, so make sure the bodyshop know what they are doing with it before any work is done.

I hope this helps. :)

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:58 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 422
I know people have had the arches 'vinyl wrapped' with good results so I would say that is your best (and cheapest) option. You can even have them in carbon fibre wrap if you want! :)

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:30 pm
pete.garratt Senior Member

Kudos: 142
Having black arches myself from new on my R, I can confirm they are definitely 'wrapped' in something and not painted.
Moroccan Red R
JBL
Black Mirror Caps

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:40 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 921
My arches are black as my car came with the Black Pack. They were removed recently as I had a new screen fitted due to a large stone chip.
They appeared to be made of some kind of composite material, possibly even plastic, as they don't offer any structural stability, they simply clip on to the bodyshell :eusa-think:

I can't believe the price to buy from Peugeot having seen them removed. :o I agree with going for the wrap option as I think long term, painting may prove a problem, and I simply couldn't justify parting with that kind of money, more on principal than anything :evil:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (244.04 KiB) Viewed 5175 times
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:11 pm
dormz Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
When I bought my RCZ a couple of weeks back I was able negotiate the black arches into the deal. They agreed to have them painted but I think they just ordered the black arches and fitted them, as they look like the plastic composite referenced in an earlier post...not paint.

My car was 9 months old and purchased from Swansway Chester. They have been superb thus far.

If you are buying privately and negotiation isn't an option, just get them wrapped in a Matt black wrap.

Good luck!

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:01 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Kudos: 73
there is only one colour as far as i am concerned.. black
silver are cheap looking rails.And best left to the mk1. Im afraid it has to be MK 2 only.. and must have black rails, No 1,,, WHITE..and No 2 RED..nothing else im afraid in the colour range is suitable to the design of the rcz...
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:27 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 252
Thought I'd just mention I have black gloss roof arches on my car they don't look painted and they're the only ones I have ever seen all the other black arches have been mat black they were on the car when I bought it and as yet I have no idea if they were an original option? :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:45 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

I think they were part of the launch edition package.

The black pack option comes with mat black arches.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:30 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

I've seen around 4 launch edition cars dice I bought mine and they have all had silver arches :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:30 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Here's a photo of my arches.Image

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:10 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Looks good, I wasn't sure about gloss black arches, but they really suit the car :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:47 pm
maverick Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi, I've got a diesel had mine carbon wrapped...cheaper than having them painted & I'm more than pleased with the result. :thumbup:

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:05 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

I always think that the black arches, along with the solstice alloys, black mirror caps,calipers etc give the car a lower and enhanced appearance.Keep the silver on the mk1s i say.The addition of the zenons completes the look that the design deserves. 8-)
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:23 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

wrapper wrote:
I always think that the black arches, along with the solstice alloys, black mirror caps,calipers etc give the car a lower and enhanced appearance.Keep the silver on the mk1s i say.The addition of the zenons completes the look that the design deserves. 8-)

Are you trying to buy my car ? :lol:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:42 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Well im afraid my fav colour is 1 WHITE.(KING OF KINGS) 2 RED AND THATS IT IM AFRAID.. ALL OTHER COLOURS PALE INTO INSIGNIFICANCE.And of course only the mk2,i cant stand that gaping mouthed pug front.And yes..i have quads. :thumbup:

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:04 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Did I mention I want quads..........but it's not going to happen :cry:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:49 pm
tocayo User avatar

Kudos: 54
neilgsxr69 wrote:

Looks good Neil, I'm still to-ing and fro-ing over this with mine and have been for a while now but looks good on yours.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:06 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

tocayo wrote:
neilgsxr69 wrote:

Looks good Neil, I'm still to-ing and fro-ing over this with mine and have been for a while now but looks good on yours.

Thanks for that it does set the car off especially gloss black on white. I've seen the Matt black arches on the phase 2 and they look better than silver but not as good as gloss black, but you know what they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :thumbup:

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:27 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Dont like the black striping but other than that,this is the outstanding version of the rcz...white with black pack. :eusa-think:

Next

Return to Exterior