Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Exterior Windscreen washers not working

Windscreen washers not working

Body panels, spoiler, wipers, mirrors and windows, feline pack etc

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:00 pm
Willfox1983 Senior Member

Kudos: 15
Hi! ANOTHER problem! Just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas or solutions for this.

i know it's been cold and the obvious answer is the freezing temperatures, but my windscreen washers aren't working. I have a bucket load of screen wash in the reservoir but still nothing. What's strange is that the headlight washers are working fine. Surely if freezing was the issue, they wouldn't work either?

Many thanks!

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:15 am
bigmac3161 User avatar

Kudos: 732
The washer bottle will be blocked same thing happened my bimmer the windscreen washes wouldn't work but headlight washers would, it happened in the frost last winter
PURE WHITE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R
BORN JULY HOPEFULLY
18" CADIS ALLOYS

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 am
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
Have you tried disconnecting the pipes from the jets to see if the solution is getting as far as the jets?
Maybe the pipe's got a nick in it somewhere?
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:17 am
Willfox1983 Senior Member

Kudos: 15
Just got back from the garage (I should have my own parking space!!)....it was just the fuse that had gone. All sorted now :-)

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 am
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
That's good, I was gonna suggest the pump/fuse but you mentioned that your headlight washers were working :eusa-think:

I bet you felt a bit of a numpty when they told you it was just the fuse!!! :text-blondmoment:
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:18 pm
goldfish Newbie

Kudos: 4
Hi all

Just to say due to the lovely warm weather were having. My washers stopped working thanks to the member who sent me the manual in PDF I found the fuse for the washers it is located under the bonnet section f3 10amp mini fuse. Changed fuse and the washers are working again. Roll on summer I don't like the cold

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 am
gadgetpuk User avatar

Kudos: 110
goldfish wrote:
Hi all

Just to say due to the lovely warm weather were having. My washers stopped working thanks to the member who sent me the manual in PDF I found the fuse for the washers it is located under the bonnet section f3 10amp mini fuse. Changed fuse and the washers are working again. Roll on summer I don't like the cold

You are welcome glad to be of help
Opal White 156 GT
19" Onyx Solstice Wheels
Type 1 Stripe Decal
NG4 Sat Nav
JBL Speakers

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:33 pm
CircuitMonkey Regular
Regular

Kudos: 7
goldfish wrote:
Hi all

Thanks for posting this, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was going on.
I suspect the fuse blew when I tried to use the pump with ice in the pipes. I wouldn't have considered this as I normally use concentrate when it starts to get chilly, but I've only had the car for a week and I'm guessing it was left quite diluted by the previous owner.

It really confused me that the headlight washers where still working though. Different pumps I guess.
2010 RCZ GT 200 charcoal grey
Cream leather interior
NG4 & JBL stereo upgrade
Vision pack
Love it!!!

2008 308 1.6 HDI 110 FAP
Given to the wife/Long distance drives

Return to Exterior