Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Exterior wing mirrors

wing mirrors

Body panels, spoiler, wipers, mirrors and windows, feline pack etc

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:46 pm
Haskell Newbie

Kudos: 1
I also have the drip from both wing mirrors after washing, or heavy rain.
It looked like some stain was evident, but after rewashing and drying, and then a second wipe 20 30 mins later, the stain had gone.
In part i put this down to the use Gardx. the body treatment supplied by the main dealer.
I have seen similar drip stains on other cars after washing, as on my range rover, after having Gardx applied, i was also able to remove the stain easily.
I have now purchased the Gardx armour body treatment, and have used it as a double barrier.
The post washing drip stain can now be cleared with a second wipe some time after the first wash.
Obviously several other products are available, giving similar protection, but i can recommend Gardx, supplied by Perry's as easyguard.

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:48 pm
H12RPO User avatar

Kudos: 0
errr so is the creaky groan upon opening a sign of impending staining corrosion etc ?

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:04 pm
Scarlet Senior Member

YES!

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:04 pm
brittenterry Member

my dealer has only one wing mirror and waiting for the other i talk to peugeot has no time when they are going to get them in from france

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
my door mirrors seem fine, i have notice some line staining on the bottom sill below the mirrors but nowt else my honda had power folding door mirrors, but would only fold via the button inside which i preferred with peugeot you dont have choice but both door mirrors retained water in the folding position and only in the cold winter did the honda's creek in operation.so its basicly the corrosion is appearing because of the permanant folding mode?????

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:26 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1482
I don't think corrosion is occurring because of the constant folding mode. My better half's previous car had them and he didn't have any problems.

My passenger wing mirror has started groaning on occasions when folding the mirrors in and out but I don't have any signs of marks on the paintwork. If you keep on top of the paintwork, then it shouldn't become a problem.
My car is due for it's first years service so I will ask them for a replacement when I book it in.
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:15 pm
donnaj1dlh User avatar

Kudos: 425
I had folding mirrors on the 207 and never had any bother in the 3 years - only on icy mornings - that made me wince a bit ( I learned that a warm jug of water before unlocking helped) ... you could over-ride it on a 207 though, which I did when when it was snowy (not looked to see of the RCZ can over-ride it yet).
The noise mine make seem normal at the moment, no grinding, just the motor noise. :-)
Celebrated the birth of a "bog standard" Amber Red 2.0 HDi GT RCZ............born on 01 Oct 11
.... staying faithful to the brand:
2011 RCZ HDi GT, Amber Red
2006 207 HDi GT, Lacerta Yellow
2000 306 HDi DTurbo, China Blue
1998 306 DTurbo, Silver
and then I went and bought a Volcanic Orange Mini Cooper S, born 14Jun14 ... 'kin meong.......

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 am
H12RPO User avatar

:dance: :clap: just had a call from the dealer saying my beastie "qualifies" for replacements - they're on order and they'll will be giving me a ring for fitting when they're in and painted - result! Well done Peugeot! What great service!!!!!!!
did I mention I love Peugeot? and my RCZ
oh by the way Peugeot are fantastic!

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:21 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
i really dont see the issue why these door mirrors are so scarce on the ground as they are citroen door mirrors originally designed for the old c5 model :thumbdown:

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
H12RPO wrote:
:dance: :clap: just had a call from the dealer saying my beastie "qualifies" for replacements - they're on order and they'll will be giving me a ring for fitting when they're in and painted - result! Well done Peugeot! What great service!!!!!!!
did I mention I love Peugeot? and my RCZ
oh by the way Peugeot are fantastic!

Nobody likes a creep :thumbup: But I love Pearl2 too. :sleeping-yellow:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:52 pm
Scarlet Senior Member

Got my wing mirror fixed today with the appropriate replacement parts and while I was there Marshalls Peugeot took the rust off my hub/discy things and painted them for me - yay go Marshalls!!! :-))

They also did a fantastic valet job on him - he looks beautiful tonight (except for the bash!)

Very pleased with the service I got and didn't cost a penny :-)
Cheers
Scarlet

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:02 pm
eyetiepie Senior Member

Kudos: 2
nice one scarlet. have to say i was really impressed with marshalls. top service from them. they do a lovely job on the hubs :)
RCZ 156 GT Charcoal

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:39 pm
nelliebear Senior Member

Kudos: 14
Still waiting ... The glue is starting to come away now so it's back to the Sellotape :cry: when we're the riots in London? Mid September? I know Peugeot have agreed to replace both wing mirrors but I could have driven over and picked them up myself!
Opal White / Opal Dirty - Sport HDI now 2014 Mercury Grey HDI 'B1GHE4D'

Normally found on the M4 between London and Cardiff and Stoke

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 am
Scarlet Senior Member

nelliebear wrote:
Still waiting ... The glue is starting to come away now so it's back to the Sellotape :cry: when we're the riots in London? Mid September? I know Peugeot have agreed to replace both wing mirrors but I could have driven over and picked them up myself!

That's pants - poor Lawrence :(

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:48 pm
dartanian Senior Member

Mine booked in to have mirrors replaced tomorrow.
Amber Red GT THP200
Integral leather
Interior Sports pack
JPL Hi-fi Pack
Vision Pack
19 inch Onyx Black Solstice

Dartford- Home of The Darts

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 pm
brittenterry Member

the dealer has the wing mirrors in and send them to get painted and will replace my mirrors next week, why does it take so long to get them in england them to get them painted and let us wait all this time without any word from peugeot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 am
dartanian Senior Member

dartanian wrote:
Mine booked in to have mirrors replaced tomorrow.

Took car in at 9, phone call at 10 saying sorry cant do them today as we havnt painted the mirror arms, didnt realise that they were colour coded as well !!! Doh !!
Amber Red GT THP200
Integral leather
Interior Sports pack
JPL Hi-fi Pack
Vision Pack
19 inch Onyx Black Solstice

Dartford- Home of The Darts

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:59 pm
tallpaul Regular
Regular

Oh dear!...Took my RCZ into dealer last Thursday to get mirrors replaced. Also had a phone call about an hour later to explain they had to do some more painting. OK......they found me a 107 to get home. Saturday morning back to dealer to collect car......It is brought round from workshop, and they find the windows don't close !! So, it's still there......

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:18 am
brittenterry Member

waiting for the wing mirror to do done this week and some idots hit the driver side mirror , the other driver did not stop and did not seen to care, do i report to the cops even those i do not know the reg number.

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:24 pm
bee Senior Member

Kudos: 29
no, waste of time without the reg number.

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior