Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Exterior Trunk opening with dead battery?

Trunk opening with dead battery?

Body panels, spoiler, wipers, mirrors and windows, feline pack etc

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:13 am
Jatimatic Newbie

Kudos: 0
Hi,

I have a problem with battery leakage, something drains the battery empty overnight. I need to solve the issue but I need to start the car. I have jump start kit in the trunk, but how to open it when the battery is dead? Is there a wire to pull somewhere?

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:58 am
Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 524
Jatimatic....

Just press the button under neath the boot, about in the middle of the number plate and up. :thumbup:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 pm
frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 81
Plecodoras wrote:
Jatimatic....

Just press the button under neath the boot, about in the middle of the number plate and up. :thumbup:

hmm... pretty sure that switch is electric. Has anyone tried it with the battery disconnected?
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:29 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 158
Be careful jump starting. It's something I've never had to do on any of my Peugeots but they're that full of sensitive components one false move and you've got a large and very expensive paperweight.

In fact when I bought my RCZ it had a faulty head unit and had at some point been jump started (I was told this by the dealer)

The faulty head unit was not an issue as I bought one and coded it to the car off ebay (after about a month of looking and sifting through the clowns who think they're worth thousands of pounds :clap: )

When I took the old unit apart I found a majorly burnt out connector and cable.
I reckon this was from the car being jump started.
Sandra, 2011 200 GT. Shark grey, Ulter Quad exhaust. Vision pack.

Return to Exterior