Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Exterior Wipers only moving one time

Wipers only moving one time

Body panels, spoiler, wipers, mirrors and windows, feline pack etc

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:07 pm
Freitas Regular
Regular

Posts: 28
Kudos: 2
Hello!

When i was driving home from work today my wipers acted strange, when spraying water the wipers normally move 4 times (or 3, don't remember) but now they only move once... :thumbdown:

What could be the fault?


Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:27 pm
ONLY AEK User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 239
Kudos: 40
Location: greece
maybe you should spray more??
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:12 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3030
Kudos: 813
Location: Yorkshire
Do all the other wiper functions work OK? I.e. Rain sensor on auto, intermittent, single wipe when selecting auto etc....
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 pm
Freitas Regular
Regular

Posts: 28
Kudos: 2
DKZ5745 wrote:
Do all the other wiper functions work OK? I.e. Rain sensor on auto, intermittent, single wipe when selecting auto etc....



Yes everything is working, it is so weird that all of a sudden it just moves once, not a huge thing but still annoying :wtf:

And i have tested to spray longer.. :(

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:27 pm
tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1455
Kudos: 295
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Is there enough fluid in the washer bottle?
Might know it's getting low and therefore not put a lot on the screen and therefore no need for extra wiping.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:11 pm
drdino Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 124
Kudos: 14
Freitas wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:
Do all the other wiper functions work OK? I.e. Rain sensor on auto, intermittent, single wipe when selecting auto etc....



Yes everything is working, it is so weird that all of a sudden it just moves once, not a huge thing but still annoying :wtf:

And i have tested to spray longer.. :(

So you are pulling the wiper stalk, screenwash is sprayed and the wipers do a single cleanup wipe after you release the stalk instead of three?

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:17 am
Freitas Regular
Regular

Posts: 28
Kudos: 2
tianorth wrote:
Is there enough fluid in the washer bottle?
Might know it's getting low and therefore not put a lot on the screen and therefore no need for extra wiping.



I filled it up the day before so it was full when i sprayed :wtf:

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:18 am
Freitas Regular
Regular

Posts: 28
Kudos: 2
drdino wrote:
Freitas wrote:
DKZ5745 wrote:
Do all the other wiper functions work OK? I.e. Rain sensor on auto, intermittent, single wipe when selecting auto etc....



Yes everything is working, it is so weird that all of a sudden it just moves once, not a huge thing but still annoying :wtf:

And i have tested to spray longer.. :(

So you are pulling the wiper stalk, screenwash is sprayed and the wipers do a single cleanup wipe after you release the stalk instead of three?



Correct! And then i have to manually start them because there is still water on the windshield :thumbdown:

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am
Freitas Regular
Regular

Posts: 28
Kudos: 2
Went for a ride and they work like they should now :D

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:18 am
tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1455
Kudos: 295
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Glad it sorted itself out.
[THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back


Return to Exterior