Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Lights & Electrics Led brake light below spoiler

Led brake light below spoiler

Interior, exterior and warning lights

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:50 pm
Liam mcc Regular
Regular

Kudos: 3
I have noticed that one of the led lights have went on the strip of led lights

Would you say this is a warranty job or a ware an tear ???

An can this be changed easy ??

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:28 pm
hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
I've got the same problem. Didn't realise until someone pointed it out to me a few days ago. I'll be asking my dealer in the near future about a warranty replacement but I think the whole strip will need to be replaced because I don't think each light is separate. Will report back.
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:41 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

I have the same problem too. But mines intermitent. I was going to ask in May when I have my MOT and service.

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:06 pm
Liam mcc Regular
Regular

I've been told by arnold clark it's not covered

Spoke to pug today an they have said that if they find it to be a fault then they will
Replace unit under warranty ...

But if they find it due to wear or tear they I'll have the bill .. Unit costs around 165 pounds then labour to fit

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:19 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1053

You shouldnt need to get them to fit it. If its how I think it is, you just lift the spoiler up, couple of screws and a plug and your done.

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 pm
Liam mcc Regular
Regular

Haha snowy what would you suggest ??

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 pm
hanswuk User avatar

I'll check out what price I can get them for. May take a day or two though.
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:56 pm
mason5465sharon09 Senior Member

Kudos: 216
Mine does the same one keeps comming on when it feels like it i priced one up at Peugeot & they wanted £90.00 ouch i think it will have to stay as it is.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:24 pm
hanswuk User avatar

The Peugeot UK retail price (pt.no. 6350KE) is £95.43 +VAT. I can source them for less but with a 6-8 week delivery time. However I'm still debating with myself whether or not this should be a warranty issue. Part of the reason for going with LED's is supposed to be their longevity, hence why most daytime running lights are LED's. For us to have to replace a whole LED lamp unit within 2-3 years is surely not normal or what was intended and I'm therefore tending towards the 'it should be covered under warranty' argument. :eusa-think:

Incidentally I saw another Dolphin Blue on the M42 near Solihull this morning and I am pretty sure that when he/she braked it had one LED light out. Perhaps more of us are suffering this problem than we realise; after all it's only when someone we know is behind us and tells us that we are aware of the issue.
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:16 am
Liam mcc Regular
Regular

Iv got my car booked in for Monday with a different garage so hopefully something gets done

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:12 pm
mason5465sharon09 Senior Member

Kudos: 216
Maybe we should all bombard Peugeot & say that this is a common fault & it shouldn't be happening, also I would be interested which of your led lights are out mine is the fourth one along from the right looking at the back of the car, if we all have the same one out this could be a manufacturing fault In the way the lights are put together, this would had strength to any claim under warranty unfortunately mines out of warranty :cry:

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:23 pm
OO58RON User avatar

Kudos: 893
hanswuk wrote:
Perhaps more of us are suffering this problem than we realise; after all it's only when someone we know is behind us and tells us that we are aware of the issue.

Alternatively we could have a mass break lamp test at the Yorkshire Meet :lol:
RCZ is the only car to make the Audi TT appear dated, and is officially the sexiest car on the road.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:35 pm
NATSPLATNAT Member

Kudos: 14
I have 2 x LEDs out on the strip in question.

Spoke to my local dealer who said that the unit as a whole would be covered under warranty.... only after I have paid £60 an hour to have it diagnosed (as it could be the wiring or something else)!! Am I right in thinking that LED's should last for AGES, and also, if it was wiring, the whole unit wouldn't work as the bulbs all plug into one unit - and the unit would be powered as a whole!!?

For those interested... the 2 bulbs I have out are about 1/4 of the way in from the LHS.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 pm
hanswuk User avatar

NATSPLATNAT wrote:
I have 2 x LEDs out on the strip in question.

Spoke to my local dealer who said that the unit as a whole would be covered under warranty.... only after I have paid £60 an hour to have it diagnosed (as it could be the wiring or something else)!! Am I right in thinking that LED's should last for AGES, and also, if it was wiring, the whole unit wouldn't work as the bulbs all plug into one unit - and the unit would be powered as a whole!!?

For those interested... the 2 bulbs I have out are about 1/ of the way in from the LHS.

If the part doesn't work it should be covered by the warranty, irrespective of the reason. Therefore I would say that any work they did to analyse why it had failed is irrelevant unless they uncover something that you did to the car to invalidate the warranty. The potential grey area that I thought dealers might use as an excuse not to replace under warranty is that bulbs are not covered (wear and tear items). However as LED lights should last indefinitely and you have to replace the complete light unit in this case, I would argue that it should be covered.
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:54 pm
NATSPLATNAT Member

Kudos: 14
My pride n joy is booked into the garage this Friday... being covered under warranty is the LED high level brake light cluster unit and the sat-nav screen! They are also looking at the really annoying start-up engine rattle which they have never been able to diagnose other than offer to strip my engine at 10months old!! Have pointed them in the chain-tensioner and they looked suitably worried! Will update after it has been pampered!

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:46 am
bigpea Regular
Regular

Hi

My partners RCZ has just run out of warranty(24 hours) and they won't change the rear LED unit as one has gone, £100+ for a new one fitted!!

Has anyone taken the unit out and had a look at it, to see if it's repairable

Jim

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 372
I think to be able to pass an mot 50% of the led have to work.

Well that's from when I had my bikes mot'ed.

Are the leds singular or on a strip? Anyone know?
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 am
AMG Regular
Regular

just noticed I got one of the spoiler led brake light not working. Flickers sometimes.

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:49 pm
clairebear Newbie

Kudos: 0
Is it possible to replace a faulty light or does it need to go to a garage???

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:59 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Next

Return to Lights & Electrics