Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav Denison DAB+U - USB DAB-Radio

Denison DAB+U - USB DAB-Radio

Inc Phone connectivity, radio and other media

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:44 pm
pazzi User avatar

Kudos: 45
Hey guys and girls!

I was wondering if anyone have tried this dab adapter before?

It streams dab/dab+ channels trough the factory usb. Like your playing normal mp3's from a usb-stick.
Thinking about trying one out, what do you think?
Sorry if this has been posted before, couldn't find anything.

Bad video of the system working in a bmw : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W6mK5fyMDk
More info: http://www.dension.com/products/dbu

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:55 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Kudos: 1051

Not a bad idea, but its quite expensive. And even more if you need any other bits that arent included.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:05 pm
pazzi User avatar

Yes its quite expensive, and an external window antenna is required. (20-40£)
But I like the idea of not needing any external screens, or remotes.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:10 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Kudos: 73
I have a dab conversion from pug but dealer has tuned it into ch6 and then you use a remote to up/down.It does work fine though.That includes windscreen micro antenna
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 pm
pazzi User avatar

Wrapper: Cool! any more info?

Found this:
http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/medi ... -radio.pdf

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:23 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

yeah.. its the autodab one.. it works off original screen without that sticky on pad thing on dash. You have remote control and just click up down.. beeps and you have all available dabs in your area.Just it doesnt work off the channel change stalk for normal radio
Despite three temporary bans and various warnings, I continued to behave like a dick and got banned permanently.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:41 pm
pazzi User avatar

Will talk to my local pug dealer tomorrow, might be a better solution :)
Does it show song names and stuff like that?

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

There was special promotional price on this in the UK recently. Worth keeping an eye out for deals. I'm not much of a radio man but quite like DAB radio...except for all the blasted ads!
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:54 pm
wrapper Banned
Banned

Just the rds type stuff like station details that your on etc.It does future proof car though as they are gonna switch the fm stuff off at some stage and leave lots without a radio as such.Worth the cash i think anyway

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:57 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Im going to be upgrading my sound system at some point. So when the FM gets switched off, it will just force me to change the headunit with an aftermarket one.

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:47 am
wdmbc Regular
Regular

Kudos: 10
Denison is usually fibre optic based (most network) auto dab is probably the best option , don't think fm will be switched off any time soon

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 am
pugmanrcz Member

Kudos: 15
My alternative solution and what I believe will be the future!!

I have an Android Sony Z phone which I have dash mounted. (can post photo's one day soon if people would like to see?)

When I turn the car on it automatically switches to car mode (downloaded an app which loads up a app when bluetooth is connected)

Then Have a list of app icos e.g. sat nav, spotify but the app which may be interesting to you is tune in radio.

This gives me full internet radio and I have set the buffer to about 20 seconds and even though I live in a rural area with quite poor internet mobile signal because internet radio is very low band width compared to video or other streaming content I find the signal is very good.

Just an alternative idea and very low cost solution if you have a smart phone as you already have excellent A2DP bluetooth with the RD4 headunit. I have said before that I love this factory headunit (does what it says on the tin)

I have over 100 albums on a USB stick and it works so seamlessly, great factory radio much better than some of the modern touch screen stuff like my ex had in her Peugeot 208.

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:29 am
pazzi User avatar

Pugmanrcz: the problem with this is that if you have the navi radio (forget the name)
Audio over bluetooth does not work, other that than its a superb solution :)

I bought the denison box a few weeks ago, but got supplied the wrong antenna.
Waiting for a new one, right now. The box itself seems to work very nicely.
Will post a full review once I have it 100% up and running.

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:46 am
pugmanrcz Member

Kudos: 15
cheers Pazzi..

[I had RD4 in my 207 Gt it had bluetooth but no A2DP I took 3 yers trying to find a good way round it but never found the perfect solution, so bought an RCZ lol

Sounds a nice retro fit device, I'm sure the navigation headunit people (i forget model number too now, think there are 2 units available) will be pleased to hear how you get on with it..

So is your usb port in the armrest like mine? ideal for the unit but how will you run the DAB aerial from the arm rest?

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:56 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Quite a thread resurrection, but has anyone tried the one posted by the OP?
I'm thinking of getting one when I pick up the R.

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:17 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

I should be ordering one of these tomorrow. I have been told it works with the RT6 from the supplier, although it has not been tested in an RCZ. I will keep you updated :)

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1067
I saw the Peugeot one at a dealership when I first got the Z, it will be interesting to see how you get on with this one :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:47 am
Abzynthe User avatar

DKZ5745 wrote:
I saw the Peugeot one at a dealership when I first got the Z, it will be interesting to see how you get on with this one :eusa-think:

I wasn't keen on the Peugeot one as I don't want to have to rely on a remote control. Will keep you updated. :thumbup:

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:42 pm
Abzynthe User avatar

Well, so far so good. It works while testing it in the garage. Just need to reroute the aerial as it doesn't look very attractive on the roof lol. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Ipods, MP3 Players and Sat Nav